• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD's next-gen GPU special "product showcase" to be webcast live on Sep 25

artist

Banned
t1380135600z1.png

SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 09/18/13 -- AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced that it will webcast a special product showcase taking place at the AMD GPU '14 Tech Day event Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2013 at 3 p.m. EDT.

A real-time video webcast of the showcase can be accessed on the Investor Relations home page: ir.amd.com. A replay of the webcast can be accessed approximately one hour after the conclusion of the live event and will be available for 30 days after the event.

Additionally, viewers may access the webcast on the AMD Gaming Facebook page and AMD's YouTube channel. A replay of the webcast can be accessed on AMD's YouTube channel.

Source - http://ir.amd.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=74093&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1855822

LIVESTREAM - http://www.livestream.com/amdlivestream?t=637320

61880-george-michael-lqq8f.gif

See previous threads;
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=680317
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=677669

edit:

amd-gpu14-teaser17jpz9lofy.png

file_182899_0_conspiracy-keanu-header.jpg

1. Xbone nda lifted on Sept. 25th....hmmmmmm
2. Flash memory faster than gddr5....
3. CPU will be more powerful than Majin Buu
4. esram has more voodoo magic numbers than people believe.
5. Cloud will boost the systems power level by a factor of 3!
6. Because of this, realtime raytracing will be possible.
7. 4D will be possible, something Crazy Ken failed to do.
8. The feel of 240fps will be possible.
9. The Matrix will be possible.
10. Why so serious Keanu?

Ok...you may slap me now.

file_182899_0_conspiracy-keanu-header.jpg

1. Xbone nda lifted on Sept. 25th....hmmmmmm
2. Flash memory faster than gddr5....
3. CPU will be more powerful than Majin Buu
4. esram has more voodoo magic numbers than people believe.
5. Cloud will boost the systems power level by a factor of 3!
6. Because of this, realtime raytracing will be possible.
7. 4D will be possible, something Crazy Ken failed to do.
8. The feel of 240fps will be possible.
9. The Matrix will be possible.
10. Why so serious Keanu?

Ok...you may slap me now.

We need this in an OT for the MS developer's stream on the 26th. lol

Shambles

AMD, once again proving their marketing department has no clue how to name their products.

Sadly none of my machines are looking for upgrades over the next while. GPU launches are a lot more exciting when you have your wallet sitting in front of you as you read the reviews.

DieH@rd

Banned
Livestream of the GPU card unveiling? Now that's a first.

Im very interested about new line of Radeons, pricing, power, dates. Gimme power for low ammount of money AMD! I need badass card for Project CARS!

Mrbob

Guess I'm out of the loop. I don't understand the console talk. This is a PC GPU event. At least I thought it is.

USC-fan

Banned
Guess I'm out of the loop. I don't understand the console talk. This is a PC GPU event. At least I thought it is.

its deadmeat twin brother. A crazy MS fanboy that said MS will announce its hidden 2nd gpu in the xbone after this event. They couldnt talk about it until AMD announce their gpu since its all under a NDA.

kharma45

The fact that they're doing this gives me some confidence in what they're bringing. Sitting with a 7850 that can't overclock atm so I'll probably jump on whatever the 7950 replacement is, is that the R270 or something?

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
If Yoshida was working for Microsoft and wanted to troll the internet hard, he would have posted this link on twitter with an "Interesting" attached.

potam

Banned
Not hyped for this round of cards :(

Here's a thread I stumbled across on [H]ardForum: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1781694

It discusses this quote from here:

“They’re coming in Q4. I can’t reveal a pricepoint but we’re looking at more traditional enthusiast GPU pricepoints. We’re not targeting a $999 single GPU solution like our competition because we believe not a lot of people have that $999. We normally address what we call the ultra-enthusiast segment with a dual-GPU offering like the 7990. So this next-generation line is targeting more of the enthusiast market versus the ultra-enthusiast one.

“It’s also extremely efficient. [Nvidia's Kepler] GK110 is nearly 30% bigger from a die size point of view. We believe we have the best performance for the die size for the enthusiast GPU.

“Another thing I can tell you is about the process node: this GPU is in 28nm. Some have speculated that it was 20nm and it’s not for a specific reason: At 28nm for an enthusiast GPU, we can achieve higher clock speeds and higher absolute performance.”

The idea being the language used in that quote implies that the 9970 or whatever the fuck they're calling it will be less powerful than the Titan.

Pretty disappointing considering it's been nearly two years since the 7970 launched.

DieH@rd

Banned
The idea being the language used in that quote implies that the 9970 or whatever the fuck they're calling it will be less powerful than the Titan.

Pretty disappointing considering it's been nearly two years since the 7970 launched.

I cant possibly care less about Titan. If titan costed 500$, then maybe, but I will never ever give 1000$ for it.

mkenyon

Banned
I cant possibly care less about Titan. If titan costed 500$, then maybe, but I will never ever give 1000$ for it.
Then you should care.

There's rumors floating around that the 780 might be dropped to $500, titan to $600. We'll see what pans out.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Then you should care.

There's rumors floating around that the 780 might be dropped to $500, titan to $600. We'll see what pans out.

I can see this happen since overclocked GTX 780 is almost a titan so there is no need to keep Titan overpriced.

jaypah

Misterxmedia's credibility is on the LINE... ON THE LINE.

I laughed. But this made me wonder, what happens to his blog once it's revealed that it's nothing? Does he convince himself that it's time activated? That when the Xbox really needs it it'll light their darkest hour like the Matrix of Leadership?

I laughed. But this made me wonder, what happens to his blog once it's revealed that it's nothing? Does he convince himself that it's time activated? That when the Xbox really needs it it'll light their darkest hour like the Matrix of Leadership?

xbox two comes out in late 2015

Begaria

Misterxmedia's credibility is on the LINE... ON THE LINE.

I didn't want to be the first one to say this, so I am extremely glad you did. Have you seen the latest postings? Those guys are going insane over wattage on the Xbox One PSU. Now they're claiming that since it has something like a 214-250ish watt supply based on some reddit picture, the Xbox One is hiding some extreme amounts of power.

This will be the last bit of information I will need to make my PC build recommendation for friend. I'm hoping the reveal will either offer a good product that fits in his budget or it triggers a price drop on a good existing product that fits in his budget. Right now a $200 7950 would be his best bet.

kharma45

This will be the last bit of information I will need to make my PC build recommendation for friend. I'm hoping the reveal will either offer a good product that fits in his budget or it triggers a price drop on a good existing product that fits in his budget. Right now a $200 7950 would be his best bet.

Do you mean you're looking for a 7950 at that price? Or am I reading you wrong?

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.

Nothing stops conspiracy theorists. Nothing. Conspiracy theories can add as much stupid ad-hoc assumptions to the available evidence that any conclusion can be fabricated.

Top Bottom