• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anarchy Reigns(NA/EU) |OT| Sega, I wish I could hate you to de- *$30* I LOVE YOU SEGA

Esura

Banned
Go for the amount of people on your friends list.

Oh yeah, would you guys be down for a really heavy game session on either Tuesday or Wednesday? I gotta review this game and I need to play with some people who can provide a small bit of feedback.

Edit: PSN: PartyBan

You don't mind if I participate right? Seems like it would be dope.

Hurry up and get your copies guys. Mine arrived last week and all I have to play with are insanely gooc Japanese players who lag like hell! I'm well up for an epic sesh this week, my psn id is in the OP, it's my GAF username. I'm in the uk so anyone else here is a must add.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
jKsbepauKoIL0.jpg
This is quirkier and more charming than "he got his shit fucked up by Jack and his brain is an a cyborg body". I'll pretend this is what's actually going on.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Moe Bull's great.

Man, two days to go still. I got a ton of things to play thanks to the Steam sale, but this is all I'm thinking about right now.

Neiteio

This is quirkier and more charming than "he got his shit fucked up by Jack and his brain is an a cyborg body". I'll pretend this is what's actually going on.
It is indeed quirkier. Although I must say, "Steam-powered minotaur cybrid practitioner of Bājíquán who wields a rocket hammer" is still plenty quirky.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Hurry up and get your copies guys. Mine arrived last week and all I have to play with are insanely gooc Japanese players who lag like hell! I'm well up for an epic sesh this week, my psn id is in the OP, it's my GAF username. I'm in the uk so anyone else here is a must add.
France here so I'll definitily add you, I'd love to play with US gaffers but it will be too laggy for sure. Maybe the OP could add the region (US, EU or JP) if it's not too much of an hassle?

Anyway, can't wait to get this game!

sarcoa

Any review/early/whatever 360 NA players want to try and nail down a time to play tonight or Monday afternoon/evening? Bots have left me with a decent impression of multiplayer but I reaaaally want to spend some time with humans before I write my review.

edit: gamertag - sarcoa

Fresh new gamertag for playing this
Lighting Gels ; Lighting Gels ; Xbox360

Shipped from zavvi, it may take a week or two to receive it though :(

Just decided to pre-order based on nothing but Platinum and the price, haven't really been following the game at all.

Anyway my gamertag is: Spirit of Jazz

Man I just had a wee go of Bayonetta in simulation mode. They got her damn perfect. Besides not having dodge offset she's exactly as you'd expect. What wonderful fanservice. Only thing I'd really want to add is split-screen and Sam Gideon.

Neiteio

Yeah. The only other thing I've pre-ordered was Wind Waker for the Ocarina of Time MAster Quest disc. And that wasn't at GameStop/EB Games. But I need my Bayo.
Same here, more or less.

Hey, how do you do the move where you can start pummeling someone on the ground? Like Big Bull can pin someone down with his knees and start alternating punches to the face while they're on the ground.

Roto13

So you can set your own teams in private matches, right? Like if I want to have a team battle where a friend and I are on the same team and everyone else is a bot, we can do that? I ask because it doesn't look like you can do it in the demo. :p

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Played for a few hours Friday night. Got a little further in single player mode using Jack. Looked to play a quick match on XBL but didn't see a single soul online. But I know the game's not officially out yet outside of Japan. Look forward to seeing some people online next Friday night. The is a very niche game so I don't expect the community to last very long.

Neiteio

Played for a few hours Friday night. Got a little further in single player mode using Jack. Looked to play a quick match on XBL but didn't see a single soul online. But I know the game's not officially out yet outside of Japan. Look forward to seeing some people online next Friday night. The is a very niche game so I don't expect the community to last very long.
How do you like it so far? :)

The is a very niche game so I don't expect the community to last very long.

I'm hoping for a small but dedicated group of regulars, but we'll see. Just about to finish my second run of normal, then on to hard.

Some thoughts/comments:

Getting 100 kills in each hub on white/black gets you perks for multiplayer, but watch out as dying resets your kill count.

I love the fact that although all the characters have the same movelists the actual moves have vastly differing timings and properties. Puts the game firmly in the easy to learn but hard to master camp.

Playing with bots and chasing high scores is surprisingly fun!

Max is a great villain and superbly acted. I actually wanted the story to go deeper.

Ditto for Jack. Great development here.

Nice call backs to other Platinum games, see what you can find.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
It's a good solid brawler. You open up new moves, characters, outfits, and outfit colors as you go along in story mode. The only thing I would say is that there's not the environments to use to kill like in Madworld. There are things you can throw. But using a fire barrel to kill your opponent versus a hugh microwave just isn't as satisfying. >:^)

Neiteio

I wonder if, in the same way that MadWorld characters were reused in Anarchy Reigns, maybe AR characters could star in their own Platinum spinoffs?

Big Bull Adventures? Please?

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if, in the same way that MadWorld characters were reused in Anarchy Reigns, maybe AR characters could star in their own Platinum spinoffs?

If you get Metal Gear Rising I have a feeling you'll be delightfully surprised. ;)

What I mean to say is that you may see some characters from previous games developed by P* in MGR:V

Neiteio

If you get Metal Gear Rising I have a feeling you'll be delightfully surprised. ;)
Hmm? Is this a reference to Zero/Raiden parallels? Or... is there... a robot bull in Rising? :O

Btw, Captain Spanky, all your observations make me EXCITE.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm? Is this a reference to Zero/Raiden parallels?

I don't think some sort of parallel. But most likely a cameo appearance. P* loves to do stuff like that, and I wouldn't put it past them when it comes to MGR. .

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Wasn't Bull, or at least a very similar character, in Madworld already?

Neiteio

Wasn't Bull, or at least a very similar character, in Madworld already?
Yeah, but I love Bull's design SO DAMN MUCH.
I'll probably suck with him, but still.
Seriously, I'd love a whole Bayonetta-syle fighter based around him. I can't really think of any DMC-style games involving bulky characters like him. Or steam-powered minotaurs, for that matter.

A spinoff detailing the adventures of Durga and Garuda (presented as a Han Solo/Chewbacca-like pair in Anarchy Reigns' story mode) would be cool, too.

schlew

What I mean to say is that you may see some characters from previous games developed by P* in MGR:V

Whoa, whoa, whoa...

Is this fact?

Mind spoiling it for me? Only asking because I thought a lot/all of Platinum's creations were owned by Sega (those published by them obviously).

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
So you can set your own teams in private matches, right? Like if I want to have a team battle where a friend and I are on the same team and everyone else is a bot, we can do that? I ask because it doesn't look like you can do it in the demo. :p

There's an option to shift teams in private match lobbies

It's just very well hidden. So well that I never remember what it was

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa, whoa, whoa...

Is this fact?

Mind spoiling it for me? Only asking because I thought a lot/all of Platinum's creations were owned by Sega (those published by them obviously).

No no! And I do apologize if it came across like that. For any type of parallel story, or cameo to happen, Sega and Kojima & Co. would have to work out some kind of deal. However, I wouldn't put it past P* to look to get this done. For example: The MGR demo already has a reference to Bayonetta. I wouldn't be surprised if there was something else connecting it to other P* games.

Mechazawa

No no! And I do apologize if it came across like that. For any type of parallel story, or cameo to happen, Sega and Kojima & Co. would have to work out some kind of deal. However, I wouldn't put it past P* to look to get this done. For example: The MGR demo already has a reference to Bayonetta. I wouldn't be surprised if there was something else connecting it to other P* games.

You're reading too much into it, dude. Dante and Joe weren't in Bayonetta, no one from Bayonetta/Anarchy/Vanquish is going to be in MGR.

Platinum just loves making references. It's their thing.

Top Bottom