• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anarchy Reigns(NA/EU) |OT| Sega, I wish I could hate you to de- *$30* I LOVE YOU SEGA

Neiteio

Came across this cute pic of Big Bull and Ai Rin. What does it say, exactly? Me no read Japanese. :(

And is it really illustrated by PG like it says?

tumblr_m71um9x8Ej1qe0fcyo1_1280.jpg

Neiteio

Anyone read Japanese and know what's being said in the other pic with Big Bull and Ai Rin playing videogames?

And Bull is so awesome. Sold me on the game. I mean, I knew it was Platinum and all, but seeing Bull got me interested in the characters and world, which in turn exposed me to the mechanics their designs make possible, which in turn sold me on every character and the game itself.

Similar thing happened to me with Sentinel in MvC3. Characters are key in a game like this.

EDIT: Should be noted, though -- there's no girl inside Big Bull. He's a cybrid -- the brain of a boss killed in MadWorld, transplanted into an otherwise robotic body.

Still cool, though!

chrono01

EDIT: Should be noted, though -- there's no girl inside Big Bull. He's a cybrid -- the brain of a boss killed in MadWorld, transplanted into an otherwise robotic body.

Still cool, though!
I know, just saying that the simple idea in the picture is enough to make me consider making Big Bull my main. :)

Although, that will still likely be Bayonetta. I <3 Bayonetta.

Neiteio

I know, just saying that the simple idea in the picture is enough to make me consider making Big Bull my main. :)

Although, that will still likely be Bayonetta. I <3 Bayonetta.
I really want to play a good Bull. I hear he's difficult to use well, though, at least in 1v1. Something a bit quicker like Douglas might be more my style, or something flatout quick like the Rin sisters. But I do love the Bull.

It could be, if local multiplayer were possible. The mechanics in 1v1 cage fights, for example, seem deep enough that there could be real tournament value.

Exactly my point. It's a fighting game. It has 1v1 (where it's least balanced, actually),and other titles have more than 1v1 also. Why not this game?

As much as I love the combat system, playing with bots and online isn't good enough for a game like this. Imagine Street Fighter doing this.

Which themes go with what characters?

I think this is it.

Jack: Sound The Alarm
Baron: Days of Old
Mathilda: None
Big Bull: Over In A Flash
Leo: Testin' Me
Nikolai: Venom
Sasha: Here We Go
Zero: Demise
Durga: Play My Ass Off
Garuda: None
Oinkie: Soon Enough and MDKs
Douglas: My Town, My City
Rin Rin: I Know U Want Me
Fei Rin and Ai Rin: It's All About Me
Max: Sound The Alarm/Testin' Me (depends on which side you're on)
Gargoyle: We All Soldiers
Bayonetta: Mysterious Destiny

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
There's no news of the game being available for download on the European PS Store, right?

There's no news of the game being available for download on the European PS Store, right?

Not yet.

Also, I'm trying to compile a large list of tips for this game in an article, mainly to help beginners stop from complaining about things like Rampage. Good idea: [Y/N]?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Going to preorder this tomorrow once I get an answer from the only (?) Polish store that is able to deliver it by the end of next week about the version of the game they're selling.
Or is the first print the Limited Edition by default in Europe?

Keiician; Niiro-Matsuki; PS3

SGRemy

Anybody playing right now on ps3? Trying to find matches is difficult....but I dis run into a lvl 50 Japanese guy. Match started then 15 seconds later it changed hosts...then he was gone and replaced with a CPU

shyguyremy = psn

Volcynika

I can't find the demo on jp psn, I search Max Anarchy and get the trailer and dlc's but no demo :(

Because it was taken down shortly after release. The demo had the ability for online matches so I guess because the game came out they shut it down.

Any consensus on whic is the better version? I remember hearing ps3 but want to confirm

There's really not enough of a noticeable difference (this question has been asked a lot in this thread :p). The better version will be the one with the most people you want to play it with!

Is there any way to play practice multiplayer games against CPU opponents?

Going from the demo:

Multiplayer > Private Match > It'll fill up with CPU guise.

For those who have the game, is it possible to mess with the difficulty settings of the CPU in the full game?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Going from the demo:

For those who have the game, is it possible to mess with the difficulty settings of the CPU in the full game?

Ah thanks. I dislike it when a multiplayer game has no bot support for practice or to fill up large games that lack sufficient players.

Now to decide which platform to buy this on, mainly for the player count, hrm...

Ah thanks. I dislike it when a multiplayer game has no bot support for practice or to fill up large games that lack sufficient players.

Now to decide which platform to buy this on, mainly for the player count, hrm...

Go for the amount of people on your friends list.

Oh yeah, would you guys be down for a really heavy game session on either Tuesday or Wednesday? I gotta review this game and I need to play with some people who can provide a small bit of feedback.

Edit: PSN: PartyBan

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Any consensus on whic is the better version? I remember hearing ps3 but want to confirm

Okay, well the real answer is that the PS3 version is slightly better.

http://ps360.ldblog.jp/archives/53661726.html

In terms of visual fidelity, they're about the same... the PS3 version seems to look a bit better in spots, but it's nothing major. The frame rates are pretty much the same on both platforms. But, the 360 version has screen tearing (ewww) and the PS3 version doesn't. Thus.

Neiteio

Not yet.

Also, I'm trying to compile a large list of tips for this game in an article, mainly to help beginners stop from complaining about things like Rampage. Good idea: [Y/N]?
Yes, I'd absolutely LOVE it if you could make such an article. I really want to hit the ground running, or at least walking competently, lol. :)

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Go for the amount of people on your friends list.

Oh yeah, would you guys be down for a really heavy game session on either Tuesday or Wednesday? I gotta review this game and I need to play with some people who can provide a small bit of feedback.

Edit: PSN: PartyBan

Go for it

Neiteio

So apparently the campaign has two stories, Jack (Black Side) and Leo (White Side), and then after the two of them there's a Red Side. And apparently, you can unlock all characters by Rank 22 in Multiplayer, but if you want a more direct way, you can get them through the Campaign, as well:

Black Side:

Stage 1: Big Bull
Stage 2: No one
Stage 3: Rin rin, Zero
Stage 4: Max

White Side

Stage 1: Durga, Garuda
Stage 2: Oinkie
Stage 3: AiRin, FeiRin
Stage 4: Douglas, Max

You get Gargoyle by completing the Red Side for both Jack and Leo, or by hitting Rank 22 in Multiplayer.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Anybody playing right now on ps3? Trying to find matches is difficult....but I dis run into a lvl 50 Japanese guy. Match started then 15 seconds later it changed hosts...then he was gone and replaced with a CPU

shyguyremy = psn

The Japanese player base has really fallen off since this past summer. I used to be able to find games no problem, but since I started playing again in the last week, I've had to wait for a long time to get a game going.

Is there any way to play practice multiplayer games against CPU opponents?

Going from the demo:

In the full game you can just head into Training mode and play Simulator with the multiplayer bots. Don't see an option where you can tinker with AI's difficulty though.

Neiteio

I've seen lots of YouTube videos where the player, from the onset, was doing 1v1 CPU matches in cage fight and such. It's my understanding that 100 percent of the multiplayer modes can be played against bots in single-player. Don't know about difficulty settings, though.

On a side note, Fei Rin has the hottest eyes of like any videogame character ever. Like cat eyes or some shit.

Darksim

it just needed system link =(

8 xbox/ps3 hooked up!

I really wish it did. It wouldn't happen very often, but it could at least realistically happen with 4 xboxes. If they had a 2 player splitscreen as well, we could hook up two xboxes for a full deathmatch, which would be amazing. It's disappointing.

Or they could've just said, "Man, a 9-foot-tall bull cybrid would be fucking awesome" and went from there. I know not how Platinum works.

Yes

http://www.platinumgames.co.jp/anarchyreigns/?page_id=193

That site also has other fun stuff too, it's what my avatar is from.

sarcoa

You get Gargoyle by completing the Red Side for both Jack and Leo, or by hitting Rank 22 in Multiplayer.
Red Side is interesting. I started the campaign with Jack, and after his arc it transferred me to Leo. After Leo was done it defaulted me to Red Side with Jack.
I went through the level select and there was no option for Red Side with Leo. I'm not 100% on this but I think you'll have to replay the entire game starting with Leo to unlock Leo's Red Side.

Neiteio

Yes

http://www.platinumgames.co.jp/anarchyreigns/?page_id=193

That site also has other fun stuff too, it's what my avatar is from.
Wow -- thanks for this! If you go under "Bonus" at that website, there's lots of developer trivia about the design of the characters.

For example: Big Bull utilizes the art of Bajiquan kung-fu and was the only character whose design was OK'd on the first pass, although it had to be shrunk to work in-game. Durga's cat tail balances his mechanical right leg and his organic left leg. Ai Rin is inspired by Bruce Lee (nunchuks, Game of Death color scheme) and was the favorite of the dev team. Blacker Baron is another favorite and "incapable of being hated," ha. And Oinkie is said to channel the distinct character of the Japanese city of Osaka (JP, please clarify, lol).

Top Bottom