• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anarchy Reigns(NA/EU) |OT| Sega, I wish I could hate you to de- *$30* I LOVE YOU SEGA

SGRemy

Holy shit, guys, the full soundtrack is $9.99 on Amazon. :O I downloaded it and made myself a new car CD. Were all of these songs made specifically for Anarchy Reigns? It would appear so, since songs like "This is Madness" talk a lot about viruses and mutants and nanomachines and cybrids. They're so awesome, though. Sure they have hints of Sonic Adventure 2-esque cheese, but DEM BEATS.
U......bought it?

People still buy stuff?

I'd love to play with gaffers this weekend. Tomorrow after 5pm est or sometimes Sunday would be good for me

vid

U......bought it?

People still buy stuff?

I'd love to play with gaffers this weekend. Tomorrow after 5pm est or sometimes Sunday would be good for me

You're going to go far here.

Holy shit, guys, the full soundtrack is $9.99 on Amazon. :O I downloaded it and made myself a new car CD. Were all of these songs made specifically for Anarchy Reigns? It would appear so, since songs like "This is Madness" talk a lot about viruses and mutants and nanomachines and cybrids. They're so awesome, though. Sure they have hints of Sonic Adventure 2-esque cheese, but DEM BEATS.

I'm trying to resist the urge to listen to all of the great tracks this game has to offer... everything so far has been great, and I LOVE ths Sonic Adventure levels of cheese-joy, but it'd be nice to listen to more of it in the context of the game. But Tuesday is so far away, and I'm still waffling on whether I want to go PS3 or 360 for this one.

SGRemy

I stopped buying cds when I saw the outrageous prices they charge for the ones I want. 10 bucks isn't bad.

Twas a joke gentlemen....a joke

Neiteio

I always wonder how game studios find the artists for these kinds of albums. Do they scour the Internet for the webpages of obscure rap artists and cut them a deal? Is there some sort of database like they might have for actors, where you can go and find the sort of artist they're looking for? Eh? Ehhh?

Also, still waiting for character guides. Also also, still waiting for JP to ask his coworkers what characters they like to use.

:-\

Roto13

I'll probably end up buying the soundtrack, too, since it's basically a follow up to the excellent MadWorld soundtrack.
U......bought it?

People still buy stuff?

Careful, Junior

Neiteio

He was just joking. His point was that people hardly buy things anymore. He wasn't endorsing piracy. He even said, as a follow-up, the price is quite reasonable. :)

Gah, this game needs to come out like right now.

Neiteio

Question to those that own the title.

Is the campaign hard mode selectable from the beginning?
I don't know. I -do- know you can play all of the other modes in single-player, too, using bots, but I wonder if the bots, in turn, have selectable difficulties. For those times when you don't feel like going online and waiting for a match.

Neiteio

Does anyone know if you have to unlock characters in this game? If so, what characters do you start with? Which characters do you unlock, and when?

SGRemy

Does anyone know if you have to unlock characters in this game? If so, what characters do you start with? Which characters do you unlock, and when?
U start out with like 6 characters and the rest are through story progression. Gonna take a while to unlock all of them. Till I get the sisters, gonna roll my girl Mahtilda

Neiteio

U start out with like 6 characters and the rest are through story progression. Gonna take a while to unlock all of them. Till I get the sisters, gonna roll my girl Mahtilda
So if I had to guess, I'd say you start with... Jack, Leo, Sasha, Blacker Baron, Mathilda and... Uh...

Pietepiet

Wanted to get back into it just now but I can't seem to find any games on the Japanese version. Are more people having this issue or is it something on my end?

I'm being forced out of town on business from the 12-18th but I should be able to get in a few games during the week before I leave, I hope.

Does Anarchy have a lobby system?

SGRemy

I'm being forced out of town on business from the 12-18th but I should be able to get in a few games during the week before I leave, I hope.

As in pre/post game lobbies? I haven't been able to get into any games but ill be sitting in a lobby waiting for people to join....if that's wat ur asking...

Shizzlee

Wanted to get back into it just now but I can't seem to find any games on the Japanese version. Are more people having this issue or is it something on my end?

Online is currently dead unless you play in the evening Japanese time. I hope enough people buy this next week so I can play at a normal time. I've been staying up very late or waking up very early just so I could play.

I am late for Bayonetta: is there a way to get her without preorder? :(

Not that I know of.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
so who else is gonna be joinin in the fun?

Thread is moving too fast so I think alot of people missed it.

Probably just gonna wait until Tuesday night and host something for everyone to break the game in

Question to those that own the title.

Is the campaign hard mode selectable from the beginning?

Yes.

IIRC you start with Jack, Baron, Mathilda, Leo, Sasha and Nikolai unlocked out of the box.(and Bayonetta with DLC)

and every other character is unlocked when you beat them in Story mode.

Then the last character; Gargoyle, is unlocked by completing the Red Side chapters for both Jack and Leo.

I think you can also unlock characters just ranking up in multiplayer as well though. Gargoyle is unlocked at Rank 22 so I'm assuming every other character is unlocked at some point before that.

Is Hard mode the highest difficulty?

Yes.

This is not Platinum's strongest single player effort. Manage your expectations accordingly.

I am late for Bayonetta: is there a way to get her without preorder? :(

She was availible on the Japanese PSN store for purchase day 1 I believe.

but she wasn't preorder DLC in japan. Just a first run print bonus. So not sure how Sega of America will handle her distribution over here.

I didn't even know about this guy, was he one of the last announced characters?

He's awakening my inner Alteisen. Definitely interested in playing as him.

BIG O

SHOWTIME

a very limited one

When we did gaf/SRK games we used the UMB chatroom functionality on PSN to communicate before and after games. It works pretty well so long as you have a USB keyboard

Oh, is Bayonetta no longer available via preorder at Gamestop? Did they run out of codes or is it too late or what? If so, I might just grab it off Amazon to save time.

Persona7

Banned
I'm well aware of that. The place I'm getting it from didn't get any codes to give away at all.

Well, the pre-order bonuses are only available at Gamestop.

I'm guessing Gamestop just agreed to buy a reasonable amount of stock in exchange for the exclusive pre-order bonuses.

Neiteio

I love how the music -- as gangsta as it is -- barely has any swearing. Because if there's one thing I can't stand, it's fucking shitty unnecesary swearing.

Fuck. Shit.

Booger.

JPKellams

I always wonder how game studios find the artists for these kinds of albums. Do they scour the Internet for the webpages of obscure rap artists and cut them a deal? Is there some sort of database like they might have for actors, where you can go and find the sort of artist they're looking for? Eh? Ehhh?

Also, still waiting for character guides. Also also, still waiting for JP to ask his coworkers what characters they like to use.

Dude, I'm on vacation until next week... Also, there is a whole list of us on twitter (www.twitter.com/platinumgames/platinumgamesstaff), so you can do this on your own. I could just imagine the conversation, me going around the office with a notebook for this... The amount of times someone would tell me to do something productive would probably be more than the amount of people I'd get to answer. There's nearly 200 people in our studio to begin with.

As for artists - Yeah, mostly I do the A&R for them along with a radio DJ duo from Tokyo named Joey Slick and Stilly Still. I found Ox through Myspace. The Illect crew were because I heard a Skribbling Idiots track I loved in a record store buying vinyl. Same thing with Kutmaster Kurt's label and getting Rushden & Diamonds. Then Joey and Still send us huge numbers of samples and the sound team, director, and myself pick who we like. The ones that really stands out for me from there are Vstylez and Josh Clemons. I fought hard to get Josh on the soundtrack. Of course, we had to bring Doujah and Sick YG back as well.

Dilated are on because they are awesome and I've been a fan for 10+ years.

Top Bottom