• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anarchy Reigns(NA/EU) |OT| Sega, I wish I could hate you to de- *$30* I LOVE YOU SEGA

Yeah, this was on sale at both my local targets Battle Creek and Kalamazoo, MI) as of New Year's Day. I didn't buy it, but it's out for sale. I picked it up and looked at it and thought about this thread!

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
PS3 people that have the game

Anyone want to try and organize something this weekend?

Figured we could get a bunch of gaf members on at the same time and try out some modes

post if you're interested and what day/time is best for you

Volcynika

Figured we could get a bunch of gaf members on at the same time and try out some modes

I would but not sure I'll have my copy until maybe Sunday at the earliest. :(

Let a friend borrow it and was going to get it back before domestic release.

Neiteio

Went through my likes and favorites looking for videos
You're the best -- Fei Rin, Bayo, Max, Zero and Sasha just happen to be the characters I haven't really seen gameplay of so far. :) (I've been on a Big Bull, Blacker Baron, Rin Rin and Douglas kick lately, with some Garuda/Gargoyle here and there) ALSO: Question about grab cinematics: It seems people sometimes break out of them -- how is this done?

I knew Bayonetta's alts had Viewtiful Joe and Game of Death references, didn't know about the Amaterasu one. Also, is young-Max a usable skin online, or is it just for those cutscenes and that one Mad Survival fight?

Neiteio

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

Look at 4:09 of THIS VIDEO. What the hell is THAT?!?

EDIT: It appears that if your teammate is Garuda, you can hop on his back and surf when he goes into jet/hover mode, and then when he's carrying you around he can spray machine gun fire?

Roto13

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

EDIT: It appears that if your teammate is Garuda, you can hop on his back and surf when he goes into jet/hover mode, and then when he's carrying you around he can spray machine gun fire?

Yeah. We discovered that in the demo months ago. :p

Shizzlee

:eek:

If enough people play this on the regular next week, I'll stop uploading every match I get and just upload stuff I'm invited to or matches I play with you people here. I can't stream. My computer is not good enough for that, yet. It will be replaced this month if all goes as planned.

I hope it doesn't get boring quick after watching that footage i got that weird vibe

Team Battle mode does. I'm tired of it already.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

You mean, Big Bull riding on top of Garuda? If one of the whack bots are on your team you can ride on them while they are in run mode and shoot their cannon. The cannon is very weak though. I also hate it when people ride on me. I drive around in circles so they can get the hint. You can just stop moving to transform back into normal to make someone jump off of you, but that would be mean.

Neiteio

These arenas look like so much fun. I especially like the oil rig one with the super jump pads and collapsing bridges. It even rains sometimes -- I love rain in videogames!

Pietepiet

Think I'll get into this again. I got the Japanese game months ago but haven't touched it since like a week after I got it.

Pietepiet; Pietepiet; PS3

JPKellams

So two things:

1) I'll be playing with you guys on PS3. Will try to get a GAF game organized and play with you guys during work sometime next week.

PlatinumGamesJP; PlatinumGamesJP; PS3

2) It's 30 bucks, guys. Come on. ;)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Will be playing this on my J-account.

Lyte Edge | lyteedge | PSN

I booted the game up last night and found three other people online...seems kind of dead in Japan, so I'm looking forward to having people in the U.S. to play with!

Still so tempted to pick it up on 360 too. DAT PRICE.

Neiteio

So two things:

1) I'll be playing with you guys on PS3. Will try to get a GAF game organized and play with you guys during work sometime next week.

Hey JP, can you ask around the office what everyone's favorite character is? It'd be fun to know what the characters of choice are for various devs at Platinum. And that includes yourself -- you've no doubt played the game, and I'd like to know which character you like, and why. (Discussing "mains" -- my favorite part of fighting games, brawlers, etc)

Dereck

SIMS.jpg

Skilletor

SO....I preordered on 360, but I think I'll switch to ps3. I don't know how long my friends will play and it seems like I'd have more options on ps3 once they've stopped.

God I hope Amazon.es makes sure the game gets to me very soon after release or I'll go crazy reading about your matches :(

So two things:

Will add :)

Majukun

Hey JP, can you ask around the office what everyone's favorite character is? It'd be fun to know what the characters of choice are for various devs at Platinum. And that includes yourself -- you've no doubt played the game, and I'd like to know which character you like, and why. (Discussing "mains" -- my favorite part of fighting games, brawlers, etc)

kamiya already said that his is leo

v0yce

I assume performance on both consoles is equal?

I've preordered on 360 for no other reason than I have Bayonetta on 360, but I'll happily change to PS3 and it can sit next to Vanquish if it runs fine.

G17

If my friends buy the game after release, will we still be able to play mad survival mode together or is that only accessible to those who have the pre-order code?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

I've preordered on 360 for no other reason than I have Bayonetta on 360, but I'll happily change to PS3 and it can sit next to Vanquish if it runs fine.

I haven't played the demo or full game on 360, but there's no problems with Max Anarchy on PS3. IIRC someone said a comparison done put the PS3 version ahead of the 360 version by a little bit. But this isn't like Bayonetta, with Platinum making the game on 360 and Sega doing a shitty port job to PS3.

XenoRaven

You're the best -- Fei Rin, Bayo, Max, Zero and Sasha just happen to be the characters I haven't really seen gameplay of so far. :) (I've been on a Big Bull, Blacker Baron, Rin Rin and Douglas kick lately, with some Garuda/Gargoyle here and there) ALSO: Question about grab cinematics: It seems people sometimes break out of them -- how is this done?
Just do the grab command the second you see the animation start. Don't try to predict the grab. If you do it before you see the animation it won't break the grab.

Roto13

It's close enough not to matter. More of GAF will be playing on PS3, but other than that, it doesn't really matter which version you get.

I guess I can go on the list.

Roto13; rotothirteen; PS3

Neiteio

Just do the grab command the second you see the animation start. Don't try to predict the grab. If you do it before you see the animation it won't break the grab.
I don't understand. Are you explaining how to -ensure- a grab as the person grabbing another person? Or are you saying, as a person about to be grabbed, wait until the animation starts, and then perform a grab yourself to break it?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be playing with you guys on PS3. Will try to get a GAF game organized and play with you guys during work sometime next week.

Oh cool. Just let us know the time I guess.

If my friends buy the game after release, will we still be able to play mad survival mode together or is that only accessible to those who have the pre-order code?

They'd have to buy the Mad Survival DLC off the store. Everyone needs the DLC to participate in the mode.

Pretty sure this is everyone's favorite(NSFW?)

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand. Are you explaining how to -ensure- a grab as the person grabbing another person? Or are you saying, as a person about to be grabbed, wait until the animation starts, and then perform a grab yourself to break it?

He's saying react to it don't predict it.

It doesn't work like fighting games where if people throw at the same time they'll just tech. I'm not sure if it's latency but if you do it too early or what you perceived to be at the same time, more times than not you'll just still get grabbed.

Both are good.

Go where your friends go. This is a multiplayer title.

kiyomi

Holy shit, I forgot this was coming next week. Had it down on preorder for a while now.

No idea who I'll main since I didn't play too much with the demo, just enough to know I'd enjoy it.

Monosukoi; LordChopsington ; PS3

Neiteio

Holy shit, guys, the full soundtrack is $9.99 on Amazon. :O I downloaded it and made myself a new car CD. Were all of these songs made specifically for Anarchy Reigns? It would appear so, since songs like "This is Madness" talk a lot about viruses and mutants and nanomachines and cybrids. They're so awesome, though. Sure they have hints of Sonic Adventure 2-esque cheese, but DEM BEATS.

Holy shit, guys, the full soundtrack is $9.99 on Amazon. :O I downloaded it and made myself a new car CD. Were all of these songs made specifically for Anarchy Reigns? It would appear so, since songs like "This is Madness" talk a lot about viruses and mutants and nanomachines and cybrids. They're so awesome, though. Sure they have hints of Sonic Adventure 2-esque cheese, but DEM BEATS.

Agreed. The lyrics are terrible, but the music is crazy catchy.

rikichi

post if you're interested and what day/time is best for you

so who else is gonna be joinin in the fun?

The End

Pre-orderd on 360 if for no other reason than I can never get my bluetooth headset working correctly on PS3

GT: Doc Okt

Top Bottom