• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anarchy Reigns(NA/EU) |OT| Sega, I wish I could hate you to de- *$30* I LOVE YOU SEGA

just bought this game. Fucking love it.

Too bad I think I hopped on this bandwagon too late. Finding people to join me in survival matches is like finding caravans in deserts; it's possible to run across a group after a LONG time. When I finally get in, I have a blast bashing heads in as Big Bull. I'm pretty disappointed theres no couch co-op in this game. If anyone wants to join me for some bashing, find me on psn: nica2nica

"I was born horny!"

Roto13

I guess nobody bothered to post that the DLC went up for sale on the PSN Store on Tuesday, along with the digital version of the game itself. :p

The DLC is cheap. $1 for Bayonetta and $2 for the multiplayer modes. There's also a $2 unlock for Big Bull and Zero right from the start, without having to unlock them from within the game. That's kind of weird. :p They're not hard to unlock and if they're going to sell character unlocks, why not let you unlock everyone?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I wish you could hide rank lol

Been sitting in a Tag Deathmatch room for like 20 minutes because there's a level 1 guy on the other team that no one wants to play with.

Otherwise having fun with this again. Just had a really intense tag battle game. Game is so much more fun when people are paying attention to score and playing the match instead of just attacking who is nearest to them.

Coming back after some time away and its still a fun game. Sad we'll probably never see this game concept fully fleshed out.

Digital release did bring in some people but unfortunately it's probably harder than ever for them to stick with it. All I see in rooms are single digit players and full rank ones

Man this thread is hopping!

Another question: do I really have to play through the entire campaign again just to unlock Gargoyle? Also is he any different than the mech character (I forget its name) I already have?

Also is there an easy way to tell what areas I'm missing concept arts on?

Man this thread is hopping!

Another question: do I really have to play through the entire campaign again just to unlock Gargoyle? Also is he any different than the mech character (I forget its name) I already have?

You can just level up in multiplayer to get gargoyle, but otherwise yes you have to do it. He has some moves in common with Garuda but his KW attacks are different.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

If you highlight the empty box space for any locked content the unlock conditions will usually show up where the Names/descriptions are supposed to.

Works for characters and perks as well. (Gargoyle unlocks at rank 22 in multiplayer)

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Online seems pretty dead lately. :( Is there anyway we could organize a weekly GAF match or something?

It's completely dead, outside of some extremely dedicated regulars

I'd be down for a gaf game but good luck finding anyone else

On PS3 it seems to be pretty darn dead, which is a shame because this game is totally meant to be experienced as a multiplayer game.

You can definitely find matches, but they seem to be few and far between.

Just got this game with all my friends.. MY god

this is the most fun ive had with a game for a long time now. I bought it with low expectations and it just blew it out of the water. The games with my friends are so crazy fun and hectic that all I can think about is playing more of it. Sucks though that the online is so dead cause the multiplayer is so damn good.

So is there any point in buying this game with the multiplayer dead?
There are bots but sadly match options are lacking (can't choose bot difficulty, time limit or points to win or anything like that).

I got the game for around $13, played through the campaign and some bot matches and felt I got my money's worth.

Riposte

I think the campaign is worthwhile in itself, on Hard anyway. I especially loved Leo's chapter 4. Anyway, the game itself is slowly becoming as cheap as an album with half as many great songs this does, so it is an easy buy.

drbond

Neo Member
If you missed the first 2 weeks or so when Anarchy Reigns launched, you missed out on some incredible multiplayer. Fully populated games of Team Deathmatch & Deathball, were some of the most fun online moments...dare I say...of this entire generation. I envy those lucky few that were able to play with Platinum Games developers, during their promotional period for the game.

As for Anarchy Reigns online multiplayer, it felt like playing in an actual arcade again with its arcadey-minded gameplay; outside of playing tournament modes in recent online enabled fighting games. I haven't been able to say that outside specific Dreamcast games (the other non-fighting game, being the Daytona USA [XBLA/PSN] download title's intense MP matches, during its initial week of release).

AR's Battle Royale mode, fully populated, is just downright chaos. Thankfully during its height of server population during the AR launch period, most people were still learning to play with a character (let alone earn enough XP to unlock the downright broken/unbalanced end-game abilities like Master Evader, etc). Its a shame that they force you to play online to earn those abilities (more than likely farming XP in Survival Mode), because otherwise your at a huge disadvantage against higher level players.

Anarchy Reigns' biggest crime outside of a lack of bot setting options & poor player-pooling via matchmaking (too MANY specific modes spreading out players...an overall lack of player funneling playlists seen in modern FPS's) is the lack of a System Link or network play feature.

I think this game could live well beyond this console generation (alongside networked [non-first person shooter] console games like Death Row on the Xbox1, Ferrari F355 Challenge import on the Dreamcast, or Virtual On Oratorio Tangram import on the Dreamcast, etc), had it included LAN play. The game could have thrived at LAN parties (which still occur, contrary to PG's claims), or at fighting game tournaments. A shame really, since AR is a really fun game to play with friends or complete strangers.

If your willing to try out Anarchy Reigns now, I would suggest to host your own Player Match game, and just wait a while for people to join. All player slots must be full in order for the game to launch... so it takes a good amount of waiting to play, which sucks. I can't imagine how bad it would be, had PG not let you host your own non-ranked online games (which also thankfully award XP). Eesh.

drbond

Neo Member
I've got a spare Bayonetta code for PS3. NA region. Just quote and I'll PM it to you since I don't want lurkers getting it

Still got the bayo code for PS3? Would appreciate the code, if you still got it.

I love Anarchy Reigns, even though the online community shrunk.

akaoni

Banned
Soul of the mind, key to life's ether.
Soul of the lost, withdrawn from it's vessel.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
So the world might be mended.

Because matchmaking is forever broken.

DedValve

Banned
I'm downloading this game right now. Anyone on the 360 version still play?

gt: dedvalve

I have a friend and want to get another friend to purchase but would love to have a full party of death ball.

Riposte

Infinites all day every day?
The hit boxes in this game were so bad

Infinites being what they are, I recall being more annoyed by run away tactics when people used certain skills. Especially bad when it is the lead player in a match with a bunch of players, so even if they want to at first, no one can ever work together long enough to usurp that player.

Riposte

you ready to go 1 on 1

I don't really like cage match all that much. 3 way capture the flag, 2v2, and 4 free for all were my three favorites I think. (Also probably no, I can't even remember my combos lol)

I'm PS3 btw. I'd like to play sometime before the year is through, but mainly if we can get a group going.

I don't really like cage match all that much. 3 way capture the flag, 2v2, and 4 free for all were my three favorites I think. (Also probably no, I can't even remember my combos lol)

I'm PS3 btw. I'd like to play sometime before the year is through, but mainly if we can get a group going.

Yeah the 4 and under sized matches were definitely the best. I am PS3 as well.

Top Bottom