• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah if you are going to shell out around $300 might as well just save up the extra cash to get the Galaxy Nexus. Plus it'll be new and not a used device, and you'll still be off contract.

Plus the ebay route can be kind of shaky for phones IMO. (I'm sort of an all around ebay hater now though).
they're new on Ebay. i searched and saw a reputable seller with 42 new in stock for $300 buy it now and a bunch sold, a bunch of other phones sold and 99.7% feedback.

not that it matters since from what i saw on XDA, there's no ICS ported roms yet, just unofficial CM7 (Gingerbread)

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Avatar bet says the att version of the Note II will arrive first because of the international having every att band

Who wants some of this action?

tino

Banned
Avatar bet says the att version of the Note II will arrive first because of the international having every att band

Who wants some of this action?

Nar Spring version will come out first since Spring doesn't bother with internal testing. ;)

looks like the USA is about to get Samsung'd again!

with this, it seems that all 4 big boys having one in testing...

lM2sr.jpg

http://briefmobile.com/galaxy-note-2-confirmed-for-verizon-sch-i605

Cipherr

Boy... HTC has no chance at matching Samsung if they cant match Samsungs new ability to launch a single product across all US carriers nearly simultaneously without renaming them and having strange unique designs for each carrier.

Their unified Galaxy Branding is just going to run away with things while HTC keeps splitting their devices to all hell. The OneX, EVO 4G:LTE, One S scenario just looked ridiculous in comparison to the worldwide unified rollout of the S3.

Boy... HTC has no chance at matching Samsung if they cant match Samsungs new ability to launch a single product across all US carriers nearly simultaneously without renaming them and having strange unique designs for each carrier.

Their unified Galaxy Branding is just going to run away with things while HTC keeps splitting their devices to all hell. The OneX, EVO 4G:LTE, One S scenario just looked ridiculous in comparison to the worldwide unified rollout of the S3.

I think carriers are demanding those changes, to get a more diverse lineup. After the GS2, Samsung is now in the same position as Apple, where they can push their own designs. That wasn't the case last year.

ep85

I think carriers are demanding those changes, to get a more diverse lineup. After the GS2, Samsung is now in the same position as Apple, where they can push their own designs. That wasn't the case last year.

The problem is Samsung just repurposed the same phone over and over for each carrier, the Sprint, T-Mobile and AT&T's skyrocket were the same exact GS2 with different radios for each carrier.

HTC bends over backwards to differentiate. The Droid incredible 4g LTE should be a One S variant but it isn't. The EVO 4G LTE is also more then a repurposed One X. Hopefully their Note competitor isn't dead in the water.

Verizon sure loves their phablets (eugh). They are releasing 3 within a short time span/

tino

Banned

If HTC can launche their top phone across all carriers it still not a problem even if the names are different.

They wasted their time in stupid BEAT and ONLIVE investment.

rozay

Banned
The problem is Samsung just repurposed the same phone over and over for each carrier, the Sprint, T-Mobile and AT&T's skyrocket were the same exact GS2 with different radios for each carrier.

HTC bends over backwards to differentiate. The Droid incredible 4g LTE should be a One S variant but it isn't. The EVO 4G LTE is also more then a repurposed One X. Hopefully their Note competitor isn't dead in the water.

Verizon sure loves their phablets (eugh). They are releasing 3 within a short time span/
the differentiation like what we see with the Verizon incredible 4G are entirely carrier based, they likely wanted that instead if a One S or X variant. Sprint likely wanted their device to look unique with EVO branding. HTC doesn't have the pull Samsung managed to earn and it's going to reflect in their sales.

yeah, it was a sad day when they removed their imagechip from the incredible. but on the flipside, at least the evolte got some good additions!

and boy do i feel bad for the other phablets having to go up against the Note 2... talk about ice skating uphill!

Gattsu25

Banned
I have an odd issue with Google Music, seems like once a day I have to unpin an album. This just happens to be a super long album, an old audiobook in MP3 format. I don't want to delete it but it keeps redownloading on my phone and maxes out the phone's storage on a daily basis until I unpin it. And I have to unpin it day after day.

What do?

kehs

Banned
I have an odd issue with Google Music, seems like once a day I have to unpin an album. This just happens to be a super long album, an old audiobook in MP3 format. I don't want to delete it but it keeps redownloading on my phone and maxes out the phone's storage on a daily basis until I unpin it. And I have to unpin it day after day.

What do?

I have this problem on and off, still haven't figured it out. I end up clearing cache/storage and repining everything I want manually.

I have this problem on and off, still haven't figured it out. I end up clearing cache/storage and repining everything I want manually.

I've had that problem before as well. it was auto-pinning everything it could and downloading it until my storage was full. cleared cache and haven't seen the problem since, but i am usually flashing a lot of ROMS so it possibly could have had to do with a specific ROM?

in other news...

I just flashed AOKP JB onto my One X and am loving it, except for one small problem. The icon layout of the stock launcher is horrendous. I mean the icon layout is 4x4 per page (not counting the dock and the persistent search bar) and it is so tightly enclosed that they could have easily spread the icons out and had 5 rows instead of 4.

Is this an AOSP problem or an AOKP/CM10 problem? I really want to run the pure stock experience but am thinking about switching back to Apex launcher.

also, stock MMS app with emoji support is awesome. (think that was custom from a dev, but found it on XDA). Not that i'm all into emoji's but when my wife texts something and I can't see it, it causes confusion.

Now she can feel free to communicate however she wants with her damn iphone. bless her heart. i'm glad she has an iphone though because i hate doing tech support for family members and friends with Android phones.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
galaxyrelay-425-lead.jpg

Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G aka Samsung Galaxy S Blaze Q

Coming September 19th to a T-Mobile store near you

Best name

Donos

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2012/09/galaxyrelay-425-lead.jpg[IMG]

[B]Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G aka Samsung Galaxy S Blaze Q[/B]

Coming September 19th to a T-Mobile store near you

Best name[/QUOTE]

Do they outsource their model naming to high school surveys?

kehs

Banned
$50 4.3 inch screen phone at ATT

It features a 4.3-inch qHD true-color IPS screen, Ice Cream Sandwich, a 5MP rear camera with 1080p video recording, NFC, a 1.2GHz dual-core CPU (most likely the MSM8960 Snapdragon S4, but we've reached out for confirmation) and LTE.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/10/att-lg-escape/

Fuck, I can't help but wonder what the shit companies have to start pushing out to stand out. It's ripe of wacky, gimmicky, and mind blowing innovation.

I want my padfone 2 in the states compatible with TMO Asus!

Cipherr

Nooo. Google is discontinuing their Google Wallet Prepaid Card. No more $10

http://www.theverge.com/2012/9/10/3308679/google-wallet-discontinues-prepaid-card

We were in the theater earlier today and we both got an email simultaneously telling us to use those 10$ gift cards you get for activating Google Wallet before like, November or something when it expires.

Don't worry noone was in that theater but us, and understandably so, Brave was terrible. WTF Pixar....

I wonder if I can use the prepaid card for Play Store purchases. Go buy a game or something.

We were in the theater earlier today and we both got an email simultaneously telling us to use those 10$ gift cards you get for activating Google Wallet before like, November or something when it expires.

Don't worry noone was in that theater but us, and understandably so, Brave was terrible. WTF Pixar....

I wonder if I can use the prepaid card for Play Store purchases. Go buy a game or something.

nope.

3phemeral

Anyone know where to can get the full version of this wallpaper? Everywhere I check, it's always this square-cropped rip, but the one on my tablet is actually larger.

q8Imal.jpg

I tried to extract it myself, but can't seem to find where it's stored.

Anyone know where to can get the full version of this wallpaper? Everywhere I check, it's always this square-cropped rip, but the one on my tablet is actually larger.

q8Imal.jpg

I tried to extract it myself, but can't seem to find where it's stored.

That's the correct file, Android just stretches it.

kehs

Banned
So Ive started browsing gaf on my google tv since I keep forgetting to charge my nexus 7.

Its not that bad. The keyboard sucks thought, might look into a seperate keyboard. I hope ckohler sees my request for mobilegaf.

Why is Google now such shit for sports? I can never get an answer for "did the titans win" not even ”did the patriots win". It seems to only work for baseball. I also totally forgot football started yesterday, it would have been nice if it had a card of the titans game but nothing. And yes i do have the team saved under settings. All now has done for me is given me shit battery life (or something on jelly bean has).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom