• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime Mafia |OT| My Little Scum can't be this cute! ()

TheExodu5

Banned
I'll go on the record and say I wanted to NK Swamped from the start. Damn you Swamped! Never had you pegged as the neutral. Well played.

You're both good players.

You're going to be wrong as Town, a lot. I am mostly wrong, it doesn't stop me.

Please keep playing.

Nah I'm just being dramatic I'm definitely gonna keep playing, I love this game and the community. I am gonna take some time off to work on my own game though ;)

Great game to all! I had a lot of fun this time and the RP aspect gave me a few IRL chuckles.

If I had to offer one piece of feedback...I can't help but feel like town is always significantly underpowered. Yeah we get protective roles, but scum was stacked this game. They had a cop, strongman, and a bunch of other good roles. Town had no investigative, really, and had no way to confirm townies. It doesn't just happen here, though. It's prevalent in other games, as well.

^.^

Scum MVP: Dusk.

Round of applause!

We definitely had a lot of luck on our side...but town really should have picked up on the fact that we were killing off the most vocal players. We were able to drive the conversation a little too well.

Oh, and hatmoza was a clever bastard...had a pretty awesome gossip gambit. I have to admit, the offer was tempting.
I feel like i played my role perfectly the first 3 days, but then fucked it up D4.

cabot

If I had to offer one piece of feedback...I can't help but feel like town is always significantly underpowered. Yeah we get protective roles, but scum was stacked this game. They had a cop, strongman, and a bunch of other good roles. Town had no investigative, really, and had no way to confirm townies. It doesn't just happen here, though. It's prevalent in other games, as well.

^.^

I don't like roles that perfectly clear town members. It makes the game too swingy.

I agree with Bear. If I'm moderating, It's unlikely you'll find a normal cop. I think they're too easy.

I want this community to get better at reading what is scum and what is Town based on playstyles and instincts.

I have a game in the pipeline, so that's all I will say.

I don't like roles that perfectly clear town members. It makes the game too swingy.

In this instance I feel it was too much. Just look at your scum roster: a cop, a strongman, a ninja, a vote preventer, and whatever Blarg was. Town didn't have nearly as many powers that could influence the game as much as the scum team could.

I'm only saying this not as a butthurt townie who lost, but the endgame is usually reserved for feedback, and I'm trying to give that as best I can without sounding rude. Sorry if I am, that's not my intent at all.

Nah I'm just being dramatic I'm definitely gonna keep playing, I love this game and the community. I am gonna take some time off to work on my own game though ;)

Great game to all! I had a lot of fun this time and the RP aspect gave me a few IRL chuckles.

^.^
Yeah to be honest, too many games have ended with the scum team getting to LYLO with full team intact.

cabot

In this instance I feel it was too much. Just look at your scum roster: a cop, a strongman, a ninja, a vote preventer, and whatever Blarg was. Town didn't have nearly as many powers that could influence the game as much as the scum team could.

I'm only saying this not as a butthurt townie who lost, but the endgame is usually reserved for feedback, and I'm trying to give that as best I can without sounding rude. Sorry if I am, that's not my intent at all.

Well kyan did block the strongman shot we had.

TheExodu5

Banned
I feel like i played my role perfectly the first 3 days, but then fucked it up D4.

Your gambit was fine...it got things moving and forced votes. But I do think you should have fessed up sooner.

Kyan blocked our kill N2 and his role claim should have led you to believe him. You pushed a bit too hard there.

TheExodu5

Banned
The roles were not the reason for the town loss though. Scum was simply never under any lynch pressure all game. Not once was one of our players under threat.

I even pointed it out several times: votes were never swinging. This was an indication that scum is happy with the votes.

Problem was there was a lot of scummy behavior from some townsfolk and it was easy for us to paint them as lynch targets. E.g. rac's votes, palmer's tunelling on monkey, or squidy's refusal to claim harem.

Ourobolus

Banned
Town pretty much tunneled their way to a loss. So many of the suspicions stemmed from "I think this guy is scum, let me find reasons to back that up" instead of "hey this guy did something scummy, let me look into that."

It's ok to change your mind and reconsider your accusations. Scum wants you to be focused on someone to a fault.

squidyj

i want to give a big round of applause to dusk, cewyn, and dragonz.
your honorary scum badges should be coming in the mail.

giphy.gif

squidyj

scum seems to have a lot of PR there, doesn't matter because the better team won, Cabot in particular. He put in the effort for the win. I mean by the end he was either the worst town leader ever or scum but still.

The roles were not the reason for the town loss though. Scum was simply never under any lynch pressure all game. Not once was one of our players under threat.

I even pointed it out several times: votes were never swinging. This was an indication that scum is happy with the votes.

Problem was there was a lot of scummy behavior from some townsfolk and it was easy for us to paint them as lynch targets. E.g. rac's votes, palmer's tunelling on monkey, or squidy's refusal to claim harem.

I agree with you in principle, but sometimes you have to take your player base's meta in mind when you're​ balancing the game.

Yup. Lol. Everyone's fault but ​yours.

I feel like the games that I've played with cops haven't really done a whole to break the game although they tend to go out in a spectacular blaze of useless glory (SW and DR3).

Even still, not only do people have to investigate, they also need to not get lynched/NK long to release useful info that's not even including the fact that they still need to be believed by the rest of town, along with concerns about millers/godfathers. Although those could be considered to be more bastard. But I don't really remember seeing a cop swing a game here.

Top Bottom