• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime Mafia |OT| My Little Scum can't be this cute! ()

Sophia

I feel like the games that I've played with cops haven't really done a whole to break the game although they tend to go out in a spectacular blaze of useless glory (SW and DR3).

Even still, not only do people have to investigate, they also need to not get lynched/NK long to release useful info that's not even including the fact that they still need to be believed by the rest of town, along with concerns about millers/godfathers. Although those could be considered to be more bastard. But I don't really remember seeing a cop swing a game here.

It was a bit non-traditional, but a cop swung The Price Is Right Mafia back towards town's way. Scum still won in the end due to good playing, however.

Fat4all

Banned
8pyyTTH.jpg

[TIMELINE SHIFT]

roytheone

Guys guys, can we just agree all of town sucked? ;)

I mean, exodu5 accidentally revealed information only scum could know and NOBODY NOTICED.

I mean, exodu5 accidentally revealed information only scum could know and NOBODY NOTICED.

I'm not saying all of town didn't suck. We lost and that's cool, but I'm not gonna sit here and get the finger pointed at me because I apparently lost town the game or whatever the fuck

Good games, guys. It's funny, but in the end I think I would have called out flatearthpandas. Going for rac felt too easy.

I would have had trouble going for cabot and especially oreo. I have no idea why oreo decided to come out with her being in the harem and squidyj didn't. That's the the totally opposite behavior I would expect from both sides.

I'd like to know how the heck scum managed to kill off a PR role each night despite there only being a 4-shot Cop for them.

Also, I wonder how many people are surprised that I was being entirely earnest all game.

roytheone

scum seems to have a lot of PR there, doesn't matter because the better team won, Cabot in particular. He put in the effort for the win. I mean by the end he was either the worst town leader ever or scum but still.

Since it's cabot, "worst town leader ever" was totally a believable option! ;)

Good games, guys. It's funny, but in the end I think I would have called out flatearthpandas. Going for rac felt too easy.

I would have had trouble going for cabot and especially oreo. I have no idea why oreo decided to come out with her being in the harem and squidyj didn't. That's the the totally opposite behavior I would expect from both sides.

I'd like to know how the heck scum managed to kill off a PR role each night despite there only being a 4-shot Cop for them.

Also, I wonder how many people are surprised that I was being entirely earnest all game.

I kinda am but at the end i had you more leaning towards town. I need to get better with reads list that's for damn fucking sure. I have a lot of coulda woulda shoulda right now.

I kinda am but at the end i had you more leaning towards town. I need to get better with reads list that's for damn fucking sure. I have a lot of coulda woulda shoulda right now.

I really was trying to learn all game. I have no idea where those accusations of "he's played the game before" came from, even from other townies.

I really was trying to learn all game. I have no idea where those accusations of "he's played the game before" came from, even from other townies.

Honestly it was blind stupidity on my part. Atleast we can go out of this game knowing we didn't lynch doc(we probably would have if he had survived) but we didn't.

rac

Banned
i dunno polt it just seemed to me like you were jumping on every idea, but at least i came around... late

dragonz i tried to win you over with the emoji at the end didn't work

anyways first game of mafia, can I use that excuse?

i dunno polt it just seemed to me like you were jumping on every idea, but at least i came around... late

Rly i dont think you did that much wrong. People suspicious of you was mostly scum.

Every idea is worth exploring to the fullest. We need as much info and discussion as we can get from all sides. That was why I was really dismayed at Dragonz and Cewyn voting so early today before any real discussion can happen.

A rule I had going into this game is that I wouldn't find votes against me suspicious in of themselves, so that's why I never voted for you.

Dusk, can you please go into why you acted the way you did Day 4, finally? I'm still scratching my head here.
I didn't really think that i was going to survive D4, so i didn't really try to fight being lynched.

But if you go back and read D3 after my role claim, you should notice that many players were asking me and kyanrute questions about our roles trying to figure out which of us was lying.

If you look over the scum team and then read D3 you'll notice that none of them did any of that. They didn't care to question us because they already knew who was lying.

Obviously i didn't explain the point of my actions clearly enough, but i was turboed in 12 hours so i didn't get much of a chance.

I didn't really think that i was going to survive D4, so i didn't really try to fight being lynched.

But if you go back and read D3 after my role claim, you should notice that many players were asking me and kyanrute questions about our roles trying to figure out which of us was lying.

If you look over the scum team and then read D3 you'll notice that none of them did any of that. They didn't care to question us because they already knew who was lying.

Obviously i didn't explain the point of my actions clearly enough, but i was turboed in 12 hours so i didn't get much of a chance.

I was more looking for posts that immediately thought you were a liar than people who didn't post at all. =/

Anyways, in terms of mistakes, here were the standouts I can think of:

Day 1: Me being dumb, vote came down to town vs. town.
Day 2: The hey_monkey train.
Day 3&4: Everything to do with Dusk.
Day 5: Despite lynching town, we did give this day a good try. Probably the "best" of the town days.
Day 6: No lynch, rac dying would have caused flatearthpandas to lose some credibility.
Day 7: Going for the vote way too early.

Im so sorry monkey-chan!

It's okay, I enjoyed watching! It was very enlightening and I've enjoyed watching Batman, too.

I will say this, as someone new to forum-mafia rather than f2f social deception games (or voice chat over discord or something) - it seems to me that scum already has a huge advantage in that they have time to talk and coordinate with one another. Is that chat limited to night phases or is it constant? Either way, I can understand why there might be a feeling that town needs PRs, even if I wouldn't necessarily agree in a game in another medium. Town PRs CAN make things much simpler and easier and decrease dependence on actually reading people, but patterns and tics sometimes don't emerge until day 3 or 4 and all that time, the scum team can communicate much, much more effectively than in a game in another medium.

It does mean watching closely for slips in communication, though, like Exo's that was noted above! Not being able to edit preserves that stuff. Exo got lucky!

Anyway, just some newbie observations. I think it's a fascinating medium for the games and I hope to keep playing and watching.

I think we all should have seen flat as scum when he said, do not let Ultron ruin this when we were on day 6 lynch. I should have gone in way more on Flat i can only give the excuse that i thought we had more time.

The whole thing with flatearthpandas stunk. Revealing such information just moments before the deadline is not a pro-town move.

Given enough time, I don't think I would have jumped on with what he was saying. I doubt I would have managed a strong case against him, though.

Swamped

Banned
Im so sorry monkey-chan!

I voted her to save Squid! But she was also female, alas...

There were many opportunities to lynch oreo later in the game too, but i never pushed it once he joined the harem lol. Also I kind of suspected Cabot was female from the conversation hatmoza and him had when Hat revealed their role.

also shout out to ultron for being a legend

And being my waifu (♥ω♥*)

Btw i also think the newbies did great, this is not an easy game! Monkey and Polter were especially active and thinking. Rac, 30years, hat were great too. Oreo was an awesome scum as well.

Bowlie

Banned
I can post here now.

Congratulations, scum buddies (and feppi for doing a way better job than me)~

And congratulations to Swamped too, that looked hard to pull off!

RetroMG

Literally everyone in Modchat looked at that and said, "Oh, if town picks up on that, that's going to be major."
And then we watched as no one picked up on it.

rac

Banned
crazy to think what happens if monkeyz doesn't switch her vote off of dusk D2

does the whole scum team live if it wasn't for that

Gg players and GM for completing anime mafia! :D

Well done scummies 😃🎉🎊

I had such hopes for town this game, tbh. A few of my favourites players were on towns side (palmer, ultron, squidy)... But alas, scum's winning streak continues ;__;

Bottie played really well so he's my MVP (that's Cabot for those of you that doesn't speak spoder)

Swamped was amazing *____* I was rooting for her every step of the way ! Wonderful victory, swampie! And such a waifu to bag! 😆

Town... No one really stood out to me as playing 'well' but surprisingly the newbies were occasionally the bright sparks amidst the kerfuffle that was town's steady decline off the cliff...lol

Rac, polt, Oreo, hatmoza, monkiki, 30 years... Really enjoyed spectating all of your first time at gaf's murder simulator! Looking forward to see all of you level up and show all of these moldy oldies how to properly mafia in the near future!

Palmer gets a little shout out for being the sane voice drowned out early by effective scummies 👆

Ultron, shout out to your tying vote, delaying town's doom....a little 👆

Squidy, shout out for being the only town that still try to figure the game out at mylo where everyone else was too eager to hammer at the lead of a false claim of scummie cop 👆

Anyone else, I usually do a short player reviews for the games that I run, but this is bears game so if you want me to review your game, let me know and I can do so :)

Thank you bear for running anime mafia! I really like the gender mechanic!! It's very inspired 👍

Gg players and GM for completing anime mafia! :D

Well done scummies 😃🎉🎊

I had such hopes for town this game, tbh. A few of my favourites players were on towns side (palmer, ultron, squidy)... But alas, scum's winning streak continues ;__;

Bottie played really well so he's my MVP (that's Cabot for those of you that doesn't speak spoder)

Swamped was amazing *____* I was rooting for her every step of the way ! Wonderful victory, swampie! And such a waifu to bag! 😆

Town... No one really stood out to me as playing 'well' but surprisingly the newbies were occasionally the bright sparks amidst the kerfuffle that was town's steady decline off the cliff...lol

Rac, polt, Oreo, hatmoza, monkiki, 30 years... Really enjoyed spectating all of your first time at gaf's murder simulator! Looking forward to see all of you level up and show all of these moldy oldies how to properly mafia in the near future!

Palmer gets a little shout out for being the sane voice drowned out early by effective scummies 👆

Ultron, shout out to your tying vote, delaying town's doom....a little 👆

Squidy, shout out for being the only town that still try to figure the game out at mylo where everyone else was too eager to hammer at the lead of a false claim of scummie cop 👆

Anyone else, I usually do a short player reviews for the games that I run, but this is bears game so if you want me to review your game, let me know and I can do so :)

Thank you bear for running anime mafia! I really like the gender mechanic!! It's very inspired 👍

Where has BB been all game? He's never really had a presence IMO

Feels bad Dragonz was right /cry

Top Bottom