• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anthony Scaramucci explicit interview with Ryan Lizza at the New Yorker

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
OGBpfva.png

Wonder how long before these get deleted. Lol.

One, Moochie needs be to louder, angrier and have access to a time machine.

There you go. Deletion Time Machine.

bomma_man

People of the world need to realize the US is a huge place, which means we got these uneducated dumb fucks in the middle of nowhere that serve as a disproportionate base holding the smart people hostage because of bullshit outdated voting rules. Seriously most of the big cities and educated areas hate Trump more than i think any politician has ever been hated.

Not enough to actually vote though eh. Turnout in the US is pathetic.

hobozero

People outside the US must have lost all respect for our country in the past 6 months.

Here's the thing - in the developed world, most of us are having a good laugh at the US, yes, but in the back of our minds there's this thought we're all trying not to think about...

Look. It's not a pleasant truth, but the fact is something horrible is going to happen. Every couple of years, something horrible just happens. Maybe it will be an earthquake or a hurricane. Maybe a large scale terror attack occurs, or a US ally gets attacked leading to a shooting war. Its going to happen. And, right now, the US government is not only completely, utterly, WOEFULLY unprepared for ANY sort of crisis, but they show no signs that they will get their shit together any time soon (if ever).

So yeah, we're having a chuckle. But in that "the only possible reaction is nervous laughter cause these fuckheads are going to get people killed with their incompetence" kind of way.

GCX

People of the world need to realize the US is a huge place, which means we got these uneducated dumb fucks in the middle of nowhere that serve as a disproportionate base holding the smart people hostage because of bullshit outdated voting rules. Seriously most of the big cities and educated areas hate Trump more than i think any politician has ever been hated.
Well that's a big problem in itself that the country so clearly divides into "dumb fucks" and big city smart people. That has more to do with education than the physical size of the country.

Outdated voting rules? Like what? The dumb stupid people in the middle of nowhere can register and go vote, but the smart and educated can't? Get real. Stop living in giant cities and spread out more and you'll see change.

Outdated voting rules? Like what? The dumb stupid people in the middle of nowhere can register and go vote, but the smart and educated can't? Get real. Stop living in giant cities and spread out more and you'll see change.

Or you know, just go by popular vote and not the electoral college....obviously the electoral college doesn't work. The purpose of it was to stop people like trump being president....

Why would people move where these jobs that moved them into cities are not?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
What's he gonna do when he finds out Lindsay Graham got a table at Dorsia?

For a moment I was thinking that my favourite show might have jumped the shark when they replaced Spicer with this guy. Little did i know. One episode in this new season is already firing on all cylinders. Great job writers!

Or you know, just go by popular vote and not the electoral college....obviously the electoral college doesn't work. The purpose of it was to stop people like trump being president....

Why would people move where these jobs that moved them into cities are not?

The electoral college's purpose is to make sure densely large parts of the United States don't have voting power over smaller parts of the US. Swing states suck, but its working intended. Only a couple states would hold power, every where else wouldn't. I vastly prefer a system where states like North Dakota, or Vermont have a say rather than just CA, NY, TX, and FL.

Second question is more on our government/local leaders to bring jobs. But democrats should spread out more to hold more states.

Magni

I kinda want Bannon to lose it and chop off the Mooch's cock to make him choke on it. Two birds, one stone.

ryseing

Not enough to actually vote though eh. Turnout in the US is pathetic.

Exactly. Those "dumb fucks" vote more than the smart big city folks. If people in urban areas came out this wouldn't be an issue.

(Of course, there's voter supression and all that but it doesn't entirely explain why people don't vote)

The electoral college's purpose is to make sure densely large parts of the United States don't have voting power over smaller parts of the US. Swing states suck, but its working intended. Only a couple states would hold power, every where else wouldn't. I vastly prefer a system where states like North Dakota, or Vermont have a say rather than just CA, NY, TX, and FL.

Second question is more on our government/local leaders to bring jobs. But democrats should spread out more to hold more states.

The Electoral college doesn't actually make candidates care more about smaller states.

All it seems to do is make some votes count more than others (which could be argued to be fundementally undemocratic), make swing states matter more than the smallest or largest states, and skew election results away from the actual popular vote.

It's just too outdated and arbitrary to do what it was supposed to do anymore.

Can't say I personally agree with this interpretation of the electoral college. Smaller states already have representation via Congress. The President is chosen to represent the broad American public, and if the bulk of that public is in large cities, then there's no reason to give smaller places a disproportionate role in electing the POTUS.

I don't understand. Are you saying that tens of millions of left-leaning voters should leave their homes, families, and jobs and move to a small town in the Midwest?

Alternately: get rid of FPTP. The impact on voter turnout alone should be substantial, as fewer people in "safe" districts will feel like their vote doesn't matter. Would also allow people to vote strategically and for their actual preferred candidate at the same time.

People outside the US must have lost all respect for our country in the past 6 months.
Mainly yes, certainly the government, the political establishment as a whole, the voting public and the media to an extent too

Frankly at this point i think everyone should assume all Americans are idiots until they've roved themselves otherwise! I mean look at this circus! its worse than a Spanish soap opera

Hiring this guy must be another desperate attempt by Trump to get other people to remove him from office, without quitting himself.

Honestly Sean Spicer leaving for "this" is literally in all sense of words replacing s rainbow with a shit.

Sean was combative but professional at all times.

Horrible person

Here's the thing - in the developed world, most of us are having a good laugh at the US, yes, but in the back of our minds there's this thought we're all trying not to think about...

Look. It's not a pleasant truth, but the fact is something horrible is going to happen. Every couple of years, something horrible just happens. Maybe it will be an earthquake or a hurricane. Maybe a large scale terror attack occurs, or a US ally gets attacked leading to a shooting war. Its going to happen. And, right now, the US government is not only completely, utterly, WOEFULLY unprepared for ANY sort of crisis, but they show no signs that they will get their shit together any time soon (if ever).

So yeah, we're having a chuckle. But in that "the only possible reaction is nervous laughter cause these fuckheads are going to get people killed with their incompetence" kind of way.

This 100%. Imagine Trump trying to deal with something like Katrina or 9/11. It would be an epic cluster fuck.

Exile20

Well, he does stay on message.

I still can't believe Bannon swallowed all that silently.

He has to be scheming. No way he would take being called out like that and do nothing. That shit will stick with him for a long time. The amount of self pressure jokes.

Top Bottom