• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Music |OT| Apple Invents Music, Time To Party Like It's 1989!

Kammie

xXLPDJl.png

Brazilian price confirmed not ridiculous (5 USD = R$15 and a few cents). Nice.
Spotify here in Argentina costs 5 bucks. If the price is the same for this (I assume it should be seeing this) I'll probably make the switch. Hate the Spotify desktop client with a goddamn passion.

blackflag

Have an Apple anything?

Switch... Now.

Seriously, just do it; no extra apps, works with the ones you have for extra functionality, and the first 3 months are free.

Like, this just came out, but they nailed it. And I've been a paying Spotify user since 2011.

Now is the time to say bye-bye Spotify.

I'm starting to think the same thing already. I don't see anything missing that I have with Spotify and I like the interface better.

Ah, I've been subscribed to posts by... Marvin Gaye? Hmm. The artists who HAVE posted are all in the first person, as though they've posted themselves. Looks like I'm also following Johnny Cash and Ray Charles.

HOLY SHIT! Remember that pulled, but AMAZING Music player for iOS called Track 8?

IT WORKS SEAMLESSLY WITH Apple Music! You can simply manage the library with the Music app and do all the radio and social features there, and enjoy your entire Apple Music library on Track 8, one of the best music players with a very car-friendly interface.

I... I am so happy right now.

Damn, just looked for it but missed the "pulled" part. Why was it pulled and what makes it amazing?

Am I supposed to be seeing anything in the connect tab? All it shows is a bunch of recommended artists but nothing from those I already chose to follow

Have an Apple anything?

Switch... Now.

Seriously, just do it; no extra apps, works with the ones you have for extra functionality, and the first 3 months are free.

Like, this just came out, but they nailed it. And I've been a paying Spotify user since 2011.

Now is the time to say bye-bye Spotify.

Apple Music has been out for how long?

I will take some time with it before making a decision.

HUELEN10

Damn, just looked for it but missed the "pulled" part. Why was it pulled and what makes it amazing?
An amazing fluid Metro-inspired but iOS-fluid interface where you can scrub by just tapping at the section you want. No dragging or anything silly like that, and you can change tracks by swiping; a MUST for the car.

No idea why it was pulled, but with Sideloading on iOS now... I think i am gonna email the dev to release the source.
Apple Music has been out for how long?

Long enough to know that if you are in Apple's ecosystem, it kick's Spotify ass.

Hell, I am almost done replicating my Spotify library. But don't take my word for it, use it yourself and make a decision. You have 3 months to fall in love after all.

cjp

Hahaha, holy shit, I think I've done goofed. Acidentally hit "No Thanks" on the trial page and now I think it's gone permantly and I have to sign up.

So you have to agree to pay for a membership after the three months, correct?

Is there a way to cancel before the three months are up?

snap0212

The interface is nice, but I think it'll take some time for me to get used to it. Does not seem that intuitive... or I'm just dumb.

Mononoke

Banned
That plus Siri functionality.

Spotify might as well be nonexistent on the iOS and OS X front.

EDIT: actually, your point isn't that far fetched (since you said iOS and OS X).

A lot of people use Spotify beyond their Apple devices. I mean, Spotify is pretty damn rad on PS4 for instance. I basically agree that for most Apple users, this is good enough that all the features that are tied into it being integrated with their apple apps/devices, pretty much make it a better choice than Spotify.

It's going to be interesting to see what kind of dent this makes into Spotify.

Guys, it's just a music service. I don't even subscribe to Spotify but what I'm seeing here isn't so mind blowing that I'd be automatically compelled to switch if I were completely entrenched in Spotify.

HUELEN10

So what is it that everyone hates about Spotify?
It's clunky, desktop app doesn't work well, on iOS, you can't scrub outside the app, there is no normalizer...

I mean, if you use iOS or OS X heavily, it's a no-brainer that this is the superior product for these 2 OSes, and yes, I do realize it's been out for only an hour, again long enough to know this kick's Spotify's ass.

And I've been paying for Spotify since 2011! Again, make your own decision. Everyone is different, but for me, the decision is easy.

Wreav

Banned
Maybe I'm blind, but what effect does hearting an album have? In spotify, it adds it to "my music", but I'm not seeing an equivalent here.

Maybe I'm blind, but what effect does starring an album have? In spotify, it adds it to "my music", but I'm not seeing an equivalent here.

Are you talking about the 5 stars? If so, I use that for smart playlists and just to organize my music in general.

Bungie's

anyone know if you will be able to use your iTunes account credit to renew your monthly plan? I have some credit and would like to use it once the 3 month trial ends, you can also usually find iTunes gift cards for ~20% off during the holidays.

Music App crashes to the home screen whenever I try to clear my up next queue.

EDIT: Only when queue is made up of Apple Music files, if they're local it doesn't crash.

Guys, it's just a music service. I don't even subscribe to Spotify but what I'm seeing here isn't so mind blowing that I'd be automatically compelled to switch if I were completely entrenched in Spotify.

I think the integration with th OS is what puts it over the top for me. The two services are very similar, but Apple Music has a narrow edge in just about every category (library, playlists, radio, etc.).

Top Bottom