• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Music |OT| Apple Invents Music, Time To Party Like It's 1989!

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Soooo, how do I add someone to the artists list? I don't want to have to search every time I want to listen the something.

Edit: Ah, tap the three dots next to an album. Nice!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
xXLPDJl.png

Brazilian price confirmed not ridiculous (5 USD = R$15 and a few cents). Nice.

Is control center borked for anyone else? When I'm playing something from the new music app nothing appears in control center nor on the lock screen.

Mononoke

Banned
This is worth $10 a month. I am so sold. I wish I had more storage on my iPhone.

Yeah, def worth $10. Question is, is this better than Spotify?

So far I'm liking the interface a little more (although Spotify being a dark interface is easier on the eyes for me). I think the reality is, most people that are invested in the Apple ecosystem (they already pay for iTunes match and have a lot invested in terms of having multiple apple devices)...yeah, this is good enough to make the switch.

Nothing for iTunes yet.

Yep. Still nothing. =/

I think the interface is a little all over the place, but it's still a massive improvement over the absolute trainwreck that is Google Music.

Mononoke

Banned
Found several albums already from the iTunes store that aren't available for streaming on Apple Music. Not a great start.

Care to list them? First thing I did was NOT play something big like 1989, but I went looking for more obscure stuff to see how far this covers things. And so far I've found everything I was looking for. Sucks to hear you already hitting a wall though.

Does Sotify/Tidal have the albums you are searching for?

I think the interface is a little all over the place, but it's still a massive improvement over the absolute trainwreck that is Google Music.

I agree, there are so many tabs and tabs within tabs and rows of icons and compressed bars that expand. I think Spotify was neater, but then again Spotify just updated to add in a thousand sections and bury all the music sections itself in order to promote running and videos, so I'd say it's about even.

Mr. Hyde

The first thing I did was end up streaming the Labyrinth (David Bowie) OST. This changes everything. Not really. I just never invested into Spotify due to only having 2gb of cellphone data until I switched over to T-Mobile this past weekend. This is my first music streaming service.

HUELEN10

HOLY SHIT! Remember that pulled, but AMAZING Music player for iOS called Track 8?
IT WORKS SEAMLESSLY WITH Apple Music! You can simply manage the library with the Music app and do all the radio and social features there, and enjoy your entire Apple Music library on Track 8, one of the best music players with a very car-friendly interface.

I... I am so happy right now.

Care to list them? First thing I did was NOT play 1989, but I went looking for more obscure stuff to see how far this covers things. And so far I've found everything I was looking for. Sucks to hear you already hitting a wall though.

Does Sotify/Tidal have the albums you are searching for?

Lots of VG Music so far seems to be missing. Final Fantasy VII original soundtrack, for example. Available on the iTunes store for £14.99, but yeah not showing up in the service.

It's not on Spotify or Tidal, was hoping that's one genre Apple will do better at. Maybe the entire library is not up yet...

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
I can't find it, but does Apple say long you can listen to offline music before it has to 'authenticate' or renew licenses?

Mononoke

Banned
Lots of VG Music so far seems to be missing. Final Fantasy VII original soundtrack, for example. Available on the iTunes store for £14.99, but yeah not showing up in the service.

It's not on Spotify or Tidal, was hoping that's one genre Apple will do better at. Maybe the entire library is not up yet...

Ah. Bummer.

Might just be an issue with those kind of albums? No idea what label most VG soundtracks are put out on, or how tied up that can get. Apple does sell VG music though in iTunes right?

So yeah, that is a bummer.

I'm over here on iTunes like....

ZUsMKN5.gif

Crazy how it's still not out yet. But I'll just come back later in the day. Prob some kind of issue with their servers.

empyrean

maybe a stupid question...but can i like an 'artist' so that it is used as influence in my 'for me' i wanted to add an artist when i did the bubbles thing but they were never chosen to be displayed :(

Umm. The music app automatically decided to start downloading every movie and tv show associated with my account. Glad I was on wifi for that and now I have to stop all of them manually.

WTF is this shit.

Edit: Found the cancel all downloads button. Phew. That shouldn't happen.

Mononoke

Banned
Anyone have some quick impressions (summary) of Apple Music for Spotify Users who might want to switch?

I mean, it pretty much does all the things Spotify does. Whether you like the interface or not, is going to be subjective. I think what it comes down to is, if you are someone that is invested in a bunch of apple devices, or have something like iTunes match, then I do think it's good enough to just make the switch and use this w/ all your apple products. I think Apple has pretty much made it good enough, that you can fully go w/ Apple on all things music.

But that's just me. Wish I could give a better break down of like what it does better. Personally, I'm not as invested in some of the other features as some folks are here. I'm just messing around with it and playing music, and it does what Spotify does (not really any better). But if you are invested in all the other features that are related to this working with apple's other stuff, then yeah. Kind of is a no brainer to just make the switch.

I'm not so sure it is, if you are just looking at this as a standalone thing. Like you aren't heavily invested in apple. And are just comparing Spotify as an App to iTunes App.

So does this include mostly everything you can find on the iTunes Store, even the exclusive stuff like the entire Beatles catalog? Currently updating iOS and can't see.

HUELEN10

Anyone have some quick impressions (summary) of Apple Music for Spotify Users who might want to switch?
Have an Apple anything?

Switch... Now.

Seriously, just do it; no extra apps, works with the ones you have for extra functionality, and the first 3 months are free.

Like, this just came out, but they nailed it. And I've been a paying Spotify user since 2011.

Now is the time to say bye-bye Spotify.

Top Bottom