• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Music |OT| Apple Invents Music, Time To Party Like It's 1989!

"Preparing Update..." ;_;

Read the update notes while I'm waiting, glad Apple fixes some random GPS accesory bug that I've never heard anyone mention but still can't get the OS to pull up the third party keyboard I installed when I tap a text field. Fix that damn bug already.

*brofist*

Rockin' the Bose QuietComfort 25. Not the best audio quality due to the form factor and the DSP, but the noise canceling is heavenly good.

Are the 25's that much better than the 15's? I was acutely disappointed with those. Noise cancelling was nice, but the sound was flat as hell.

HUELEN10

*SQEUALS*
JNdlLPb.jpg

iPhone rebooted!

Hoo-doo

Banned
Oh? I owned a pair of CQ15's. But tell me about it.

Happy to be rid of them. I found them to be pretty awful at that asking price.

I'm just too fucking tired of the 'Wait you bought a brand I think is not worth it? LET ME SHIT ON YOU AND TELL YOU WHY YOUR PURCHASE SUCKS' type of discussions.

Keep that shit on 4chan's tech board or something.

BTW what Senn's are you using?

Sennheiser HD 558

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Are the 25's that much better than the 15's? I was acutely disappointed with those. Noise cancelling was nice, but the sound was flat as hell.

Not everybody can tell when sound is flat.

I can not tell the difference between stock buds and Grado SR80s or Sony V6.

So who cares what people listen on.

Mononoke

Banned
*SQEUALS*

iPhone rebooted!

That's kind of creepy! lol

Still waiting. I can't use the iOS version due to jailbreaking. But hopefully they get their PC version sorted ASAP.

EDIT: Damn, it finally connected and now claims my iTunes is up to date. WTH

psychotron

Hate that you need wifi to download the update on your phone. It's available but I can't get it. Wonder if the Apple store wifi will be good enough.

I'm just too fucking tired of the 'Wait you bought a brand I think is not worth it? LET ME SHIT ON YOU AND TELL YOU WHY YOUR PURCHASE SUCKS' type of discussions.

Keep that shit on 4chan's tech board or something.

Well I post here not on 4chan's tech board. As for the discussion, it was based on MY experience with MY QC15's, which I found quite awful. Don't project your 4chan tech board experience onto me. kthanks.

Not everybody can tell when sound is flat.

that's not really the point.

So who cares what people listen on.
Nobody. Unless the QC25's are indeed better than the CQ15's, at which time I'd be interested.

jts

...hate me...
May not get in time for iPhone, since I'm on iOS 9.0 beta BUT downloading OS X 10.10.4.

2 something GBs though. Come on!

Fuck every time I try to update, even if it's days after it goes live, my phone hangs on 'Update Requested...' for about half-an-hour before starting to download anything.
I think it starting happening once I started installing betas. Mega annoying.

RDreamer

I'm going to hazard a guess and say Apple Music won't have last.fm scrobbling support?

When MOG died and they transitioned everyone to Beats I had to bail out because there was suddenly no scrobbling, unfortunately. Really hoping Apple Music has it so I can have a bit of a choice between spotify and it. I absolutely won't do a service without scrobbling.

Mononoke

Banned
Don't fuck with me Apple....give me the iTunes update.

LOL this is me right now.

I was getting a server error. Now it's connecting, but telling me my iTunes is up to date. Seems like iTunes is delayed/stumbling out the gate. I guess I'll check back in an hour and see what's up.

I started installing 8.4 on my iPad as that isn't jail broken. So I guess I can try it out on there.

Anno

Up and running with no issues so far. New music app is basically an entire overhaul that will take some more poking around to truly figure out. Just searching for as much music I can at the moment.

HUELEN10

I am in LOVE. Apple fucking NAILED this, they nailed it just like I knew they would! I am so, so happy! needless to say, this is the first song I played...
6y8oGRo.jpg

MercuryLS

Banned
Got the updates downloading on my iPhone and iPad using this slow coffee shop wifi. Hurry up goddamit! So hyped to try this out finally.

snap0212

Nobody. Unless the QC25's are indeed better than the CQ15's, at which time I'd be interested.
They are. Better sound and better noise cancelling as well. I'm currently looking for a model that I buy for myself. I'm very happy with them but will have to return them soon.

ducksauce

I guess I have to wait for a Beats Music update?

I am already a Beats subscriber and when I click on "Beat Music Subscriber?" It just opens the Beats app. This sucks.

Does 'Verifying Update' check with the server to see if the update is signed correctly, or does it actually scan through the whole update file? Because it always takes 5+ minutes on all my devices.

The squished "Apple music / My music" tabs in the search menu really make my eye twitch. Why didn't they just make these regular sized?

What am I seeing? Doesn't look special?

Or are you just saying in general, because it works? Maybe I was expecting the interface to look different.

The interface is different from 8.3 and earlier, it's also a huge upgrade in functionality beyond the Apple Music integration.

Mononoke

Banned
The interface is different from 8.3 and earlier, it's also a huge upgrade in functionality beyond the Apple Music integration.

Well, I read what it adds. I guess I was just hoping the interface would look nicer than spotify. But at the same time, I was probably expecting too much, as Apple is smoothly integrating this into their platform (so it's like an evolution).

I think my mindset was that, this would be like its own platform with a really nice interface (like Apple's stab at it). But this actually makes more sense. I guess I'm not 100% on what makes this better? I have iTunes Match, so I guess this + the cloud + how you can use it across all apple devices, makes it better than Spotify.

I'm still waiting for them to update iTunes. And I'm DL it now on my iPad. So maybe once I actually start using it and interacting with it, I'll see what make it feel different and better. The pic that Huelen took though, just seemed like how it normally looks when playing your own music on an iPhone. Which, is probably the point.

Top Bottom