• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

Anth0ny

How much does WWE even make off their youtube shit?

They have like 12 million subs and upload a fuck load of videos every day, most hitting 100k with ease and many hitting 1m+

So probably a lot, but considering they're a billion dollar company... it's negligible in the big picture.

This airing schedule. Yikes.
F5ddgpu.jpg

It's especially annoying because Champion Carnival Day 1 (takes place 4/16, airs 4/24):
() B BLOCK: Naoya Nomura vs. Daichi Hashimoto
() B BLOCK: The Bodyguard vs. Kengo Mashimo
() B BLOCK: Suwama vs. Shuji Ishikawa
() A BLOCK: Zeus vs. KAI
() A BLOCK: Joe Doering vs. Daisuke Sekimoto
() A BLOCK: Kento Miyahara vs. Jake Lee

Day 2 (occurs 4/18, airs 4/20):
() B BLOCK: The Bodyguard vs. Daichi Hashimoto
() B BLOCK: Takao Omori vs. Kengo Mashimo
() A BLOCK: Ryoji Sai vs. KAI
() A BLOCK: Zeus vs. Joe Doering

Day 3 (occurs 4/19, airs 4/21):
() B BLOCK: Kengo Mashimo vs. Daichi Hashimoto
() B BLOCK: Takao Omori vs. The Bodyguard
() A BLOCK: Jake Lee vs. KAI
() A BLOCK: Daisuke Sekimoto vs. Ryoji Sai

Day 4 (occurs 4/20, airs 4/22):
() B BLOCK: Takao Omori vs. Daichi Hashimoto
() B BLOCK: The Bodyguard vs. Shuji Ishikawa
() B BLOCK: Suwama vs. Naoya Nomura
() A BLOCK: Daisuke Sekimoto vs. Jake Lee

Day 5 (occurs 4/22, airs 4/27):
() B BLOCK: Naoya Nomura vs. Shuji Ishikawa
() B BLOCK: Suwama vs. Kengo Mashimo
() A BLOCK: Zeus vs. Jake Lee
() A BLOCK: Kento Miyahara vs. Joe Doering

Day 6 (occurs 4/23, airs 4/25):
() B BLOCK: Suwama vs. Takao Omori
() A BLOCK: Joe Doering vs. Jake Lee
() A BLOCK: Zeus vs. Ryoji Sai
() A BLOCK: Kento Miyahara vs. KAI

Day 7 (occurs 4/25, airs 4/27):
() B BLOCK: Takao Omori vs. Naoya Nomura
() B BLOCK: Shuji Ishikawa vs. Daichi Hashimoto
() A BLOCK: Jake Lee vs. Ryoji Sai
() A BLOCK: Kento Miyahara vs. Daisuke Sekimoto

Day 8 (occurs 4/26, airs 5/21, JEEZUS):
() B BLOCK: Shuji Ishikawa vs. Kengo Mashimo
() B BLOCK: Suwama vs. The Bodyguard
() A BLOCK: Daisuke Sekimoto vs. KAI
() A BLOCK: Kento Miyahara vs. Zeus

Day 9 (occurs 4/28, airs 4/30):
() B BLOCK: Naoya Nomura vs. The Bodyguard
() A BLOCK: Joe Doering vs. KAI
() A BLOCK: Kento Miyahara vs. Ryoji Sai

Day 10 (occurs 4/29, airs 4/31):
() B BLOCK: Naoya Nomura vs. Kengo Mashimo
() B BLOCK: Suwama vs. Daichi Hashimoto
() B BLOCK: Takao Omori vs. Shuji Ishikawa
() A BLOCK: Joe Doering vs. Ryoji Sai
() A BLOCK: Zeus vs. Daisuke Sekimoto

Finals (occurs 4/30, airs 5/7, JEEZUS)

korly

Isn't Tyson still making that Total Divas money with Natalia? He probably doesn't need to wrestle.

Last week they did an episode where Nattie was supposed to help Nikki train for her comeback and she's super paranoid about her hurting her neck. She keeps freaking out and saying "this is really personal for me" but is never allowed to say why.

So THAT'S how much Tyson is gone from Total Divas.

They have like 12 million subs and upload a fuck load of videos every day, most hitting 100k with ease and many hitting 1m+

So probably a lot, but considering they're a billion dollar company... it's negligible in the big picture.

They probably have some free intern or one of Shane's sons in charge of it. Its free money for them.

Thanks Zack Ryder for building WWE's Youtube Template.

Zach

OwensIsNow, you have a clever, succulent brain and I hope you use your powers for good some day. I believe in you, son.

Silexx

Because AJ Styles is the face of SmackDown given that Cena isn't on the program anymore and Orton doesn't work a full schedule.

I get that, but clearly at one point, they had a plan to move AJ to RAW and they would have known all this already at that time, so something had to have change for them to nix that idea.

Good question no idea.

Well either way, Smackdown wins in this exchange.

jurgen

What stopped them from moving AJ in the first place?

He's potentially a bigger rival face/attraction to Reigns considering he gets over way too well for them to keep him a heel.

They're going to use Owens to turn him into a huge babyface. Guaranteed way to do it is with "U-S-A" chants.

Austin SHOOOOOOOOOOT

They need to let the wrestlers be more hands-on and yank the wrestlers who are in the television production meeting out of those meetings, because it’s a separate agenda. They need to give the damn business back to the boys. I’m not saying the people who are in creative now can’t come up with good ideas, but when they try to write them out verbatim and tell you to follow them, you become a follower instead of a leader. To be a good hand in the ring, you gotta be a leader. To go out there with some words some sumbitch writes on a piece of paper, and he’s going to tell you what to do and you do it, that’s not what this business is all about. We ain’t actors. Same thing with the matches. The matches move too fast. These aren’t quick answers on how to change the business, but I think they will. Bottom line is, it’s got to go back to being a competition. It’s not a performance. You’ve got performers in WWE right now, not workers. Go back to what it’s supposed to be. And I’m not running down everybody backstage. I’m just saying, you just stick any two random guys, or any two random girls, and say, “Hey, you guys are having a match, and let it fly and see what happens.” That’s the only way you’re going to put any feeling back in the business. Take the business away from the writers and put it back into the wrestler’s hands, because that’s where it’s supposed to be. This is a whole different animal from Hollywood

Zach

Austin SHOOOOOOOOOOT

We ain’t actors.

Vince McMahon said:
See, Steve, well, here's the thing: we are actors, y'see? This is entertainment. A lot has changed since you were an in-ring performer, y'see? This is the entertainment business, Steve, and we employ the greatest actors in the world. These are actors by every definition of the word. That's what they do -- act. They're acting out violence, y'see?

^

cordy

Banned
The whole plan with Styles in the shakeup was for him to be reunited with the Club so whether it was through him going to Raw or them going to SDL, that's been in the works for months. It was nixed probably due to the fact that Cena's taking time off and Styles needed to stay on SDL.

imBask

Banned
Steve Austin in the 90s if he didn't agree with Vince : "Fuck you I might go to WCW"

Superstars today if they don't agree with Vince : "Fuck you I... I... Ok boss"

Austin doesn't know shit

Kaladin

Steve Austin in the 90s if he didn't agree with Vince : "Fuck you I might go to WCW"

Superstars today if they don't agree with Vince : "Fuck you I... I... Ok boss"

Austin doesn't know shit

"Fuck you, I might go down to the indies, wrestle 30 - 45 minute matches every weekend night for $500 a match in front of 50 - 100 people till I get some internet fans buzzing about how much better I am. Then 3 years later, I'll be back in NXT and a year after that I'll be back on Raw and say "whats up?"."

re: NES Classic

Nintendo secretly is holding out on the NES Classic stock. Says they are discontinuing only to sell on ebay for $300. Brilliant and carny.

imBask

Banned
"Fuck you, I might go down to the indies, wrestle 30 - 45 minute matches every weekend night for $500 a match in front of 50 - 100 people till I get some internet fans buzzing about how much better I am. Then 3 years later, I'll be back in NXT and a year after that I'll be back on Raw and say "whats up?"."

*looks at Ryback and Damien Sandow*

"you do that pal"

Toki767

Working wonders for Drew McIntyre.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I get that, but clearly at one point, they had a plan to move AJ to RAW and they would have known all this already at that time, so something had to have change for them to nix that idea.

Well either way, Smackdown wins in this exchange.

I mean, I don't think there's anything specific we know about other than Vince changes his mind at the drop of a hat.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Toki767

Neat story on Alexa Bliss's background:

http://www.thisweeknews.com/news/20170411/davidson-grad-isnt-wrestling-with-success

A lot of it is scary sounding - she's talking about having a resting heart rate of TWENTY EIGHT. She'd have potential as a babyface if not for the fact that her character is almost KO-like and she'd have to just re-tool it entirely.
I can see her keeping her character and being a face.

She just needs to keep the attitude and direct it at heels.

She's basically what Sasha should be on the mic.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Meltzer talking about Gronk joining WWE...

If we are going to go down the Rodman/Malone route, then WWE should bring in Colin Caepernick or Ndamukong Suh to play the heel NFL player teaming up with Jinder Mahal against Mojo/Gronk.

cordy

Banned
In addition to suffering cracked ribs and internal injuries at the hands of Braun Strowman during The Monster Among Men’s savage assault on Monday, Roman Reigns is also recovering from a separated shoulder, WWE.com can now confirm.

Following a brutal series of attacks that culminated with Strowman hurling Reigns off a loading dock while The Big Dog was strapped to a gurney, local EMTs rushed the battered former WWE Champion into the back of an ambulance. Still unsatisfied by the carnage he had wrought, The Monster Among Men further pummeled the defenseless Reigns before using his superhuman strength to overturn the emergency vehicle with The Big Dog still inside it. Once Strowman had cleared the scene, a second ambulance took Reigns to a local medical facility for treatment and evaluation.

Stay with WWE.com as this story develops.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/article/roman-reigns-injury-update-shoulder

This is such bullshit. I can't be sad for this guy after the past 2 weeks. They're trying to really give this man some sympathy.

jurgen

Neat story on Alexa Bliss's background:

http://www.thisweeknews.com/news/20170411/davidson-grad-isnt-wrestling-with-success

A lot of it is scary sounding - she's talking about having a resting heart rate of TWENTY EIGHT. She'd have potential as a babyface if not for the fact that her character is almost KO-like and she'd have to just re-tool it entirely.

She's so good on the mic relative to the rest of the women that I think she could pull it off.

She could probably move into a host/interviewer role like Renee Young several years down the road when she's wanting to get out of the ring.

This is such bullshit. I can't be sad for this guy after the past 2 weeks. They're trying to really give this man some sympathy.

You know he's going to be back next week.

Caderfix

Roman didn't deserve that. I'm glad someone made a petition to get that no good son of gun Braun fired. #Pray4Ramen

You know he's going to be back next week.

Seriously, if they want to go with kayfabe injuries, at least keep the person out for a reasonable amount of time based on the severity of the injuries. If they bring Roman back to the ring in less than 2 months it is going to be so ridiculous.

Top Bottom