• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| 2017 Season Premiere

C9T4ETgXsAADhLT.jpg

Caderfix

Does this Wrasslin-Profits thing only apply to actual matches/PPVs on YouTube, or is it any video related to wrestling?

Based on youtube policies, it's most likely related to the combat aspect and bad language in general. Videos discussing wrestling while either staying clean or censoring some words are probably still ok.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Austin thinks that people can just say no lmao!!!!!!

what are they gonna do

bury you

fire you?
when has vince EVER fired someone for speaking up within the company? not whistleblowing but telling vince or creative they think its a bad idea

shit do you guys think shawn michaels would have EVER gotten the title if he didnt act the way he acted towards vince? vince THRIVES off that shit

Menome

Based on youtube policies, it's most likely related to the combat aspect and bad language in general. Videos discussing wrestling while either staying clean or censoring some words are probably still ok.

Then I don't see why WCPW would be worried. Their PPVs are paid-for access on intitial broadcast anyway.

Bray's really gonna job to Orton again and then go on to job to Balor.

Yeah... Beating Bray doesn't really mean anything and hasn't since Cena killed whatever momentum he might've had. Then there's the hokey shit that barely worked 25+ years ago that they're still trying today.

I miss when Bray came off more as a evolved version of the Waylon Mercy gimmick. Instead of this goofy supernatural shit that no one over the age of 10 would buy even in the markiest of wrasslin' days.

Menome

what are they gonna do

bury you

fire you?
when has vince EVER fired someone for speaking up within the company? not whistleblowing but telling vince or creative they think its a bad idea

All of Ryback's stupid-as-fuck ideas pitched to Vince without being fired are proof of this.

Caderfix

Then I don't see why WCPW would be worried. Their PPVs are paid-for access on intitial broadcast anyway.

Don't they share regular episodes of their fed on youtube? If so, they're going to start making profit exclusively from attendance and WCExtra/iPPVs sales, that is a big blow.

Toki767

Can't believe they'd really waste Lesnar vs Strowman for June or July.

That's a SummerSlam thing unless they're doing Lesnar vs Balor.

Menome

Don't they share regular episodes of their fed on youtube? If so, they're going to star making profit exclusively from attendance and WCExtra/iPPVs sales, that is a big blow.

Plus the profits from their discussion videos. I'd wager they make more off King Ross than their standard episodes.

I'm 100% sure they are doing Balor vs Lesnar. Balor has a rematch clause to get back the belt he never technically lost.
That sounds awful. Balor couldn't handle a forearm from Jinder...How is he going to handle Brock. There's no amount of selling Brock could do that would make me believe that Finn even has a chance.

For that one day where he and the big dawg were team together.
That seems like the only time people cared about Bray.

Caderfix

Plus the profits from their discussion videos. I'd wager they make more off King Ross than their standard episodes.

That is for sure. What I think might suffer is the actual fed, as they need their paid service to achieve a sustainable level soon in order to make it something worth doing in What Culture's eyes, in case they're not there yet of course.

The whole plan with Styles in the shakeup was for him to be reunited with the Club so whether it was through him going to Raw or them going to SDL, that's been in the works for months. It was nixed probably due to the fact that Cena's taking time off and Styles needed to stay on SDL.

I am sad we aren't getting The Club because Gallows and Anderson are basically fucked now.

Club to SD was probably nixed the moment they decided to turn AJ face.

Toki767

Weirdly enough, none of the former Universal Champions have used their rematch clauses yet.
Maybe the Universal title just doesn't come with a rematch clause.

Although hilariously, Reigns kept getting rematches when he was never even champion.

GunBR

That sounds awful. Balor couldn't handle a forearm from Jinder...How is he going to handle Brock. There's no amount of selling Brock could do that would make me believe that Finn even has a chance.

That seems like the only time people cared about Bray.
Balor got hurt against Jinder, not the DEMON KING

Balor is basically gonna be an over Roman. He will get pushed to the moon, beat everyone's favorites, get the shitty Vince fed lines in promos and never lose but the good thing is that he will be over and the crowds will always cheer him. Which I'm fine with since I like Balor. I'll probably hate on him a bit when the Bray feud starts though.

Neat story on Alexa Bliss's background:

http://www.thisweeknews.com/news/20170411/davidson-grad-isnt-wrestling-with-success

A lot of it is scary sounding - she's talking about having a resting heart rate of TWENTY EIGHT. She'd have potential as a babyface if not for the fact that her character is almost KO-like and she'd have to just re-tool it entirely.

Yep she was basically told she was 24 hours away from death. Her Mom, I think, told her bluntly something like do you want to be a statistic? Because if you die that's what you'll be a number.

I do agree that the issue is her character can't really be re-tooled into a face, she'd have to do something different, tap in to her natural likeability... but whether that translates into promos is a different question.

Caderfix

Balor is basically gonna be an over Roman. He will get pushed to the moon, beat everyone's favorites, get the shitty Vince fed lines in promos and never lose but the good thing is that he will be over and the crowds will always cheer him. Which I'm fine with since I like Balor. I'll probably hate on him a bit when the Bray feud starts though.

"I don't need luck, I'm Irish" almost made me let a "boo" out.

Heroman

Banned
Balor isn't going to be push to the Moon.

Caderfix

After beating roman clean and becoming the first universal champion, I don't see him not being pushed to the moon, unless he's now considered injury prone. Even then, with his demon gimmick and potential to move merchandise, he'll still be pushed pretty hard.

cordy

Banned
I am sad we aren't getting The Club because Gallows and Anderson are basically fucked now.

Club to SD was probably nixed the moment they decided to turn AJ face.

Yeah I agree. I think what we'll see is Styles be a face for the next year and then during the next shakeup/draft they'll send him to Raw so he'll turn heel and reunite with his boys. For the next year he can just be a face winning titles on SDL.

Maybe the Universal title just doesn't come with a rematch clause.

Although hilariously, Reigns kept getting rematches when he was never even champion.

Didn't a heel bring that up once? Saying Reigns is getting title shots for no reason?

The dude already was. It's just unfortunate he got injured, but getting the world title on your first month of the main roster is like the very definition of being pushed to the moon.

"I don't need luck, I'm Irish" almost made me let a "boo" out.
That was like a battle of the Vince lines when Roman then went on about how he's Samoan and that's enough.

Tall4Life

I've grabbed so many of Vincent K. McMahon's imaginary brass rings that I've realized something, that they're just that, they are completely imaginary.

Heroman

Banned
After beating roman clean and becoming the first universal champion, I don't see him not being pushed to the moon, unless he's now considered injury prone. Even then, with his demon gimmick and potential to move merchandise, he'll still be pushed pretty hard.
He beat Roman cause of the wellness thing, he going to feuding with bray which isn't going to be good for either of them. Like if he was going to be push to the moon you would have felt Monday.

Also he really short and has loss a lot of muscle mass.

Top Bottom