• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

Razorskin

----- ------
I'll be there too. This match is probably the only time I would actually want to listen to commentary.

Cole "And Metlife Stadium is electric as John Cena has overcome the odds and become an 11-time WWE champion!"

Does the WWE still offer those radios you can buy at events to listen to commentary?

Alucard

Banned
Cena is the lesser of two evils when it comes to the Rock/Cena match. Would rather have a full timer as champ than a PT movie star.

Penguin

Saw something about the WWE wanting to turn Cena heel at Mania.. then remembered what day it is in some parts of the world.

Mae Young use to be a looker

strobogo

Banned
A few thoughts.

If AJ boned Solid Snake, I don't know how any of you fools can hate her. Charlie Haas sounds crazy. Why isn't Spanky working for any major companies? Rock's cheat days make me so envious. I wish I could eat that much food in a week.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Someone tell me what Mania to kick the stream off with, before I go to bed.

jred2k

Well, I decided against Mania, you're gonna get the horrible Brawl for All series and then WWF Programming from 1994. In order.

http://veetle.com/index.php/channel/view#4f0bb1d0149a2

Are the video files your streaming messed up like this, or is it just the stream?

MzUf2LM.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It must be my copy of Brawl for All. It's dogshit, too, so I FFWD to RAWWWWW

EDIT: OH SHIT THE UNDERTAKER SMITHY WITH BEARER

strobogo

Banned
ecwontnn.tumblr.com

ECW on TNN 9/10/99

The show starts with the end of last week's show, which saw the return of Raven, helping Tommy Dreamer to win the tag team championships.

Joey and Joel gives a show run down. Joel "Tonight's broadcast is from New York City, and unlike the Monday night shows, it won't be ..." WOAH WOAH WOAH. Joey pussed out andwouldn't let Joel finish. Maybe he was going to say pretty? The actual finish was "lame".

Rhino vs Super Crazy

Before the match an ad for ECW action figures, totally done in the style of the old WWF Hasbro commercials, plays. Back to the match. "Fuck you Rhino" chants right away. He catches a Crazy moonsault and does a Nutcracker Suite. Lots of gratuitous Spanish from Joel. Spring board spinning wheel kick. Asai moonsault into the crowd!

via Imgflip GIF Generator

Back in the ring, a huge flap jack from Rhino. Tornado DDT followed with a lionsault can't get the win. Pumphandle slam. Joel confuses "Rookie Monster" for "Cookie Monster". Crazy wins with a rana out of nowhere. Corino was not happy with this. He backs Corino into the corner and offers a handshake to Crazy. Clothesline. It was a SWERVE! Powerbomb to Crazy.

Joey and Joel hype Taz vs Masato Tanaka at Anarchy Rules. They show some clips of Awesome vs Tanaka.

Mike Awesome vs Masato Tanaka

Actually, they're showing most of a match. I assume this was from a PPV due to how big the arena was. This is your normal match with these guys. Which means insane. Tanaka won with a tornado DDT on some chairs.

Jerry Lynn vs RVD ECW TV Championship

After a 10 minute entrance and clips from their last match, the match finally begins. Took so long. To have what I'm sure is pretty much the same match they always had, but shorter and more compressed since they were an hour long TV show and not a 3 hour PPV. Of course it starts with an indie RESPECT stand off. They keep saying RVD and Jerry Lynn are so similar, but I never thought that was the case. RVD was an ultra, over the top flashy dude with a ton of physical charisma with a stoner gimmick, whereas Jerry was a technical, unflashy dude bordering on negative charisma with a metal head gimmick. Jerry does a dive into the crowd. After a break, we see RVD try the Van Daminator off the railing, but Jerry reversed it this time. RVD then just jumps on him instead. Rob does a guillotine apron leg drop with a chair assist. Then a diving karate kick that I think totally missed. Sunset powerbomb on a chair, but Jerry can't win that belt no matter what he does.

The shit that these guys do don't even make sense. Fonzie tries to hit Jerry with a chair, he blocks it and takes the chair, swings at at RVD, who ducks it, but Jerry lays the chair down, Rob immediately tries for a moonsault (lol wat) and then drop kicks it into Jerry.

The whole thing was distractingly set up. I've never seen them have a match that ever for a second made me think they were two wrestlers trying to win a match. A extended roll up sequence ends with them both down. The Impact Players hit the ring and lay both men out. I don't think RVD/Jerry Lynn feud holds up at all. It's just proto indie bullshit that also doesn't hold up at all.

After this, the same highlight package for the last show of the Impact Players beating up every major ECW star. Next week will have a Lynn/RVD rematch and Raven's first interview since returning. RVD vs Lynn 3 times in 4 shows? What is this, Raw?

Only reason I ask is when JBL used to do his "Clothesline from h---" I used to flashback to that incident. But I only saw it once and forgot which telecast from ECW it was on..

Anth0ny

Got my
theatre
tickets for mania.

Can't wait to experience Wrestlemania going off the air with the babyface winner of the title get booed out of the building! Shit is gonna be HYPE.

McNei1y

RustleMania's next week, boys!

This is the least excited I've been for the event in fucking ages.

I'm excited because I plan on creating a drinking game for it. So far I have these:

Drink When:

-Ryback botches
-Cena Wins lol!
-A concert happens
-Promos are shown
-HHH's arm is borked
-The Undertaker streak is mentioned
-RKOUTTA NOWHERE
-Ziggler cashes in and succeeds
-Ziggler cashes in and fails
-Ziggler doesn't cash in
-Ziggler loses
-Ziggler
-Cena wins lol!

ZeroRay

I'm excited because I plan on creating a drinking game for it. So far I have these:

Drink When:

-Ryback botches
-Cena Wins lol!
-A concert happens
-Promos are shown
-HHH's arm is borked
-RKOUTTA NOWHERE
-Ziggler doesn't cash in
-Ziggler loses
-Ziggler
-Cena wins lol!

Hope you're not doing shots.

Drink When:

-Ryback botches
-Cena Wins lol!
-A concert happens
-Promos are shown
-HHH's arm is borked
-RKOUTTA NOWHERE
-Ziggler doesn't cash in
-Ziggler loses
-Ziggler
-Cena wins lol!

Rest In Pieces.

strobogo

Banned
It actually was a Yavapai strap match, not that you'd be able to tell from what Hulk said, but the graphics and back of the box said Yavapai.

Jamie OD

Travelling to New Jersey on Thursday. Going to see ROH, Shimmer, Chikara, WWE Hall of Fame, $5 Wrestling, DGUSA Night 2 and Mania itself. It will be a blast!

Top Bottom