• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| DO DO, DO DO DO-DO-DO, DO-DO-DO, DO-DOOOOO DO-DO

Kaladin

I was just thinking. Would anyone be interested in sharing a room for Mania 30?

We could get a group of 4 or 5 going and make the hotel super cheap for everyone. I'd like to do this, but I can't spend $2k like I did last year. I know krae_man would be interested, who else wants to make this a party?

Yes, we will get a hotel in the french quarter.....easy access to booze around the clock is a plus.

We could get a group of 4 or 5 going and make the hotel super cheap for everyone. I'd like to do this, but I can't spend $2k like I did last year. I know krae_man would be interested, who else wants to make this a party?

Yes, we will get a hotel in the french quarter.....easy access to booze around the clock is a plus.
My group already fills a room. If you wind up still needing people I can keep my ear open for people who need a room.

krae_man

I've sent a message to my friend Dale who was with me last year. I'll let you know what he says. I'm not really up for sharing a bed. Hopefully we can find a nice room with Sofabeds or a Murphy bed or something.

And yeah, I can't do $2500 on the trip again either.

Kaladin

At first I was thinking that's not a bad idea $1400 split 14 ways is pretty good. But organizing that many people and getting them to comit and pay that far out would be a nightmare.

I was thinking a group of 4 from Thurs (check in) - Tues (check out) for $1500 max. That would put everyone at about $400 per person for the hotel for the weekend.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Arm wrestling competition. ARM WRESTLING TOURNAMENT!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Having way too much fun posting comments on my FB feed for peoples' normal statuses (like "I could eat watermelon all day!") with a "Good one, April Fools!"

Aiii

So not worth it
Herman always visits WrestleMania. Didn't he have a backstage segment last year? He's a huge wrestling fan.

jmdajr

Having way too much fun posting comments on my FB feed for peoples' normal statuses (like "I could eat watermelon all day!") with a "Good one, April Fools!"

Hmm. I guess I could be posting crazy things like... "I am no longer a HHH supporter", or.."I will never watch WWE again."
or even "Really, I am going to quit NeoGAF"

Penguin

Who is the sunflower on the book of faces?
Hmm. I guess I could be posting crazy things like... "I am no longer a HHH supporter", or.."I will never watch WWE again."
or even "Really, I am going to quit NeoGAF"

Oh man.. the best April Fool's joke would be if the WWE put together a great Raw!

jmdajr

I try to keep Facebook spam to a minimum.

No worries here though!

maRO8_zpse24a26a0.gif

jmdajr

Speaking of Spam..

Respect the Legend: Iron Sheik Choose Who Win, Who Lose at the WrestleMania 29

The Fandango so far show me he the Fan-dog-s---.

I don’t know what the ---- he think he doing, but if he get smart with me, I beat the ---- out of him.

Chris Jericho know Iron Sheik the legend. He know if he get smart with me, I break his back.

Both of them, I don’t give a ---- what happen. I choose the double disqualify.

Alberto my real Mexican brother, not like the piece of garbage Tito Santana. Alberto real Latino, not like the biggest jabroni in the sport, the Alex Rodriguez. If I see the Alex Rodriguez in the New York City, I break his back, put him in the Camel Clutch, make him humble.

Jack Swagger ready with my good friend, the Dutch. They have strong gimmick, and talk like they are the real.

The Jack ready, bubba, but still I love the Del Rio. I choose the Jack Swagger.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of Sheikie, I heard from a friend of mine that WILL NOT STOP PIRATING WRESTLING (serious, he downloads everything, even the stuff that people KNOW they should support) that a raw lump of Legends House has made its way onto the internet, leaked from someone. I'll find out if it's legit once he finishes his dl.

Aii - what do you think about this for the competition?

Wrestlemania 29 Prediction Challenge

The Game
: Predict what you think will happen at Wrestlemania!
How: Predict who wins (and how) and any aftermath that happens AT Wrestlemania. (Example: CM Punk Wins via pinfall after Paul Heyman distracts the Ref, allowing CM Punk to hit The Undertaker with The Urn. Kane comes down after the match and Tombstones CM Punk). What Skits do you think will happen during Wrestlemania? (Example: Pet Rose attacking Kane. Random Dance Segment feature Tensi and Funk)
Prize: Winner can choose from 1 of Bioshock, X-Com, Dawn of War Franchise Pack or Saints Row 3: Complete.

Winner will whoever's predictions are closest to actual events at Wrestlemania.

Predictions must be submitted before 7th April. Any Predictions that have been edited will be void. 'Closest to actual events' is determined by Mr. Luchador.

Good Luck!

strobogo

Banned
The RVD/Lynn match from Hardcore Heaven 1999 gets all the attention, but the match they had at the ECW Arena later that year in August (which strogo just reviewed) was much better. Probably because Lynn was actually able to work without a broken face.

I loved that stuff at the time, and I give them credit for referencing and buliding off spots from match to match, but the matches themselves are complete spotfests with stuff that often make no sense. RVD's schtick wore very thin on me years ago and watching old stuff doesn't really change my mind. They're basically proto-2002-2004 ROH matches with chairs instead of head drops. For what they are, they're good. I just don't really care for that kind of wrestling anymore.

Also, it truly warms my heart to know that Pee Wee is a wrestling fan as Pee Wee, Pro Wrestling, and Power Rangers were my childhood loves.

jmdajr

It's pretty sad when Anderson Cooper has to be the one telling you about the dark side of reddit.

OR maybe that's a good thing!

KEEP ME PURE.

Eidan

I'm going to Raw tonight. I haven't paid attention to anything but the Punk/Taker feud for the past month. What can I expect tonight?

Top Bottom