• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arcade Archives PS4 |OT|Winners Don’t Use Save States

Tizoc

Yes, and availability.

I would pick up Rygar and Life Force this quick (snaps fingers) if they were available in the EU.

Like never, yes.
Then just get them from us psn @_@ unless currency conersion makes them pricier to get?

and if you've never played Solomon's Key then you're in for a treat. I haven't bought it on PS4 yet (it's stuck in my wishlist till I add some credit) but I played it to death in the excellent Amstrad CPC128 conversion.

Piccoro

- Darius
- Elevator Action
- Flak Attack
- Front Line
- Gradius II
- Kid's Horehore Daisakusen
- Kiki Kaikai
- The Ninja Warriors
- Soldier Girl Amazon
- Star Force
- Wonder Boy
- Wonder Boy in Monster Land

Thank you for this thread.
I'm eagerly waiting for The Ninja Warriors!

gwailo

Banned
I still remember playing Karate Champ in the arcades, I may need to pick that up sometime.

FYI it's only the Japanese version of the game. Plays the same but it has voice samples in Japanese. I miss the English voices.

Man, Lifeforce is a hell of a lot harder than I remember it to be...

Salamander and the NA version of LifeForce are easier since you don't have to build up power ups to get the good weapons. You can also cheese things by adding credits and hitting the P1 start button to get a lot of extra lives.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
FYI it's only the Japanese version of the game. Plays the same but it has voice samples in Japanese. I miss the English voices.
"Half point"
<Ving Rames>"FULL POINT"</Ving Rames>

- Darius
- Elevator Action
- Flak Attack
- Front Line
- Gradius II
- Kid's Horehore Daisakusen
- Kiki Kaikai
- The Ninja Warriors
- Soldier Girl Amazon
- Star Force
- Wonder Boy
- Wonder Boy in Monster Land

Awesome, thanks! I just now saw your reply. Some good stuff there.

gwailo

Banned
Might have to invest in Bubble Bobble, and here's hoping on Rainbow Islands & Xevious.

Namco will be doing their own version of AA called Arcade Game Series and will start releasing their games this spring/summer. Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Dig Dug, and Galaga will be the first releases. I'm sure Xevious will eventually be up on that, as it has been on every other retro collection Namco has done.

Namco will be doing their own version of AA called Arcade Game Series and will start releasing their games this spring/summer. Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Dig Dug, and Galaga will be the first releases. I'm sure Xevious will eventually be up on that, as it has been on every other retro collection Namco has done.

Whoa, I missed this announcement somehow. More classics to look forward to on my PS4!

I'm really hoping they release Pac-Man CE and DX at some point as well.

Really? Where was this announced? Yes, PMCE needs to happen!

EDIT: http://gematsu.com/2015/12/bandai-namco-bringing-classic-arcade-game-series-ps4-xbox-one-pc

I agree about tossing these into some kind of subscription service. That seems to be more of the way to go with these retro releases. Many people don't want to pay more than a few bucks, but it just seems like that's not enough to cover the costs of making these things happen.

People are bitching more and more about PS+ losing its luster. Why not toss in some arcade and PS2 classics in addition to the indie games they're offering?

zmet

Sweet! I just hope they bring Dragon Spirit, Dragon Saber, Ordyne, Splatterhouse, and Rolling Thunder 2 out in this series.

Rymuth

This OT was so much needed and way overdue, thank you so much for doing it, Rymuth!
OP would be even better if it listed what games are actually available in EU, too, since not every game in OP is out here yet (Bomb Jack, Solomon's Key and Rygar, where are you?!). ;_;
And ofc thanks to Hamster for porting all these amazing games!
I've been debating writing *not available on EU next to those games. But the combination of my OP's layout and my own personal laziness kinda put me off from doing so. :p

BTW, Ikki has been added today to the EU PSN store, sooo...cross fingers for one of your faves making it over soon? :)

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Not sure if anyone seen this... but 4 anticipated (for me at least, lol) Arcade games are dropping on 4/20. Could not be a more perfect day for these as well with the 'holiday' and all. ;)

Pac Man has a special place in my heart as possibly one of my favorite games of all time. Possibly due to growing up with the original, and till this day the gameplay holds up.

Arcade Game Series: Dig Dug
PS4 &#8212; Digital (Out 4/20)
Dig Dug

26161828940_a12216fc81.jpg

First appearing in arcades in 1982, Dig Dug finally comes to PS4! Dig up, down, left, and right and burrow through the earth. Inflate and pop enemies with your harpoon to defeat them, or squish them with a rock. Defeat all the enemies on the screen to advance to the next stage!

Arcade Game Series: Galaga
Galaga

25829825384_d064500b55.jpg

First appearing in arcades in 1981, the masterpiece Galaga finally comes to PS4! Move the fighter left and right, and destroy the waves of incoming aliens in this space-age shooter.

Arcade Game Series: Ms. Pac-Man
Ms Pac-Man

25829825274_e7722d10bd.jpg

Developed in America and first released in 1981, Ms. Pac-Man finally comes to PS4! Move Ms. Pac-Man up, down, left, and right to eat all the Pac-Dots, while avoiding the ghosts, to advance to the next stage.

Arcade Game Series: Pac-Man
Pac-Man

25829825264_d817ba0608.jpg

First appearing in arcades in 1980, the masterpiece Pac-Man finally comes to PS4! Move Pac-Man up, down, left, and right to eat all the Pac-Dots, while avoiding the ghosts, to advance to the next stage.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/04/17/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-4192016/

gwailo

Banned
I think those will be coming out tomorrow, not Wednesday.

Will be picking up Galaga for sure - maybe more depending on the price.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
What display options are available in the arcade archives? I find them to be overpriced, and mostly crappy games tbh, but I wouldn't mind buying Bubble Bobble if it offers good RGB pixel simulation filter.

Glix

Oh god yes Ms. Pac. Gotta get a 4 way gate asap.

Do these ever go on sale? $8 is fine for one or two favorites, but if I'm really gonna load up its a little steep.

What display options are available in the arcade archives? I find them to be overpriced, and mostly crappy games tbh, but I wouldn't mind buying Bubble Bobble if it offers good RGB pixel simulation filter.

Scanlines only right now. I'd like some better filters, but it's unlikely we'll get them.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I made a thread about it called The Drop. Was on shaky ground about adding them because they're not part of Hamster Corps' Arcade Archives.

If people feel I should add them, do so and I'll do it gladly.

Oh, they are not? Interesting.

gwailo

Banned
Namco is releasing their own series.

Oh god yes Ms. Pac. Gotta get a 4 way gate asap.

Do these ever go on sale? $8 is fine for one or two favorites, but if I'm really gonna load up its a little steep.

Very very rarely, I've only seen a couple of titles go on sale here and there.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Namco is releasing their own series.

Very very rarely, I've only seen a couple of titles go on sale here and there.

Makes sense now that I think about it, since they have done so in the past.

Hoping this is all under one Arcade Classic grouping on the PSN.

I miss Game Room.

Yeah, it was a neat concept. I enjoyed score chasing on the leaderboards and going after the medals.

Didn't realize Namco's was a separate line of releases. I think we should keep the discussion of those open ITT. It's not like the thread is overrun with posts and it's really the same subject matter.

yyr

Does anyone know who is developing these? Is HAMSTER doing it themselves, or passing it off to someone else like M2? I do wish the price was a bit cheaper though...

Also, did anyone notice? Listed in X1/PS4 releases this week is also something called "Pang Adventures." If you don't remember Pang, you might remember it under the name "Buster Bros.," when Capcom released it in North America. =)

Am so in for both Wonderboy games

Did you see M2's excellent version of WB in Monster Land last generation? Released under the "Sega Vintage Collection" label.

PS3: standalone for $5. https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...land/cid=UP0177-NPUB30494_00-WONDERBOYMLPSNUS
Also available with Wonder Boy in Monster World and Monster World IV for $10.

360: available only in the 3-game bundle for $10. Backwards compatible on X1 right now =)

gwailo

Banned
Doh! Wish I would have seen that. The PSN store is such shit. And yeah I was kinda shocked at the file size. Almost a gig for a 30+ year old game is pretty ridiculous.

Edit: Galaga seems good. The game plays fine (though I prefer a stick to the dpad). You can do basic stuff like tweak settings, upload scores, etc. Kind of annoying you can't get rid of the wwallpaper. Looks like I wont be getting a platinum on this, a lot of the trophies involve getting perfects on higher level challenging stages.

Overall this seems well worth the $4. I am downloading the other games.

I'm uploading a game play vid to YouTube, will post the link when it's up.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Thanks for the feedback on the Namco games. I will probably jump on them when I get home. I am always a sucker for them.

Wait... they have Plats?

Top Bottom