• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arizona GAF | It's a dry heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

x3sphere

Scottsdale here. I felt a jolt while sitting in my chair and it sounded like something banged against the window.

First time I ever experienced an earthquake, at least one that I was aware of.

StoneFox

Back when I lived in San Tan last year I felt an earthquake but didn't notice this one while currently in Mesa :/

Too distracted this time I guess. Looks like it was a subtle one for the Mesa area.

gsrjedi

Was outside in Chandler, didn't feel anything. But did hear a light boom & then heard a lot of birds start flying around.

Especially compared to the East Coast.

American Truck Simulator is coming out February 3rd. While it won't have Arizona right away, it is being worked on, and you can see some of the road map and locations of cities and towns.
ats_cities_map_volume.jpg

Nephtis

I still think we need to have some kind of GAF meeting for AZ. I think there's a few here that live in Tucson too. We could plan a ride to Phx to meet up with folks and go somewhere fun.

hermit7

This sucks how do you guys survive :(

Summer is like winter everywhere else. You just stay inside mostly and only venture out in the evenings.

People get autostart for the ac and not the heater.

Really it's hot as balls but be sensible and if you're going to be outside drink a ton of water. It is definitely bearable I think.

antonz

Had the car battery die while out on a quick shopping trip. Just went 4 miles up the road so didn't make a fuss of bringing my cell phone. Housemate was out of town and most of my buddies live across the valley in Mesa etc.

Was not a fun walk back home at 1 in the afternoon especially as a pasty Irish Ginger

ST2K

Summer is like winter everywhere else. You just stay inside mostly and only venture out in the evenings.

People get autostart for the ac and not the heater.

Really it's hot as balls but be sensible and if you're going to be outside drink a ton of water. It is definitely bearable I think.

Good tips for new folks. Do remember, the few months of hell are repaid with a few months of heaven.

Didn't we just have back-to-back record-setting days?

I feel like that happens every summer. *shrug*

Had the car battery die while out on a quick shopping trip. Just went 4 miles up the road so didn't make a fuss of bringing my cell phone. Housemate was out of town and most of my buddies live across the valley in Mesa etc.

Was not a fun walk back home at 1 in the afternoon especially as a pasty Irish Ginger

Fuck...

How old was your battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom