• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARK: Survival Evolved Trailer (UE4, Dinosaur Island Survival, Beta Signup, MORPHEUS!)

Ayumi

Welp.. I thought since it listed the Mac requirements too it would be released for Mac at the same time.

But no. I was COMPLETELY wrong.

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
Approximately 1 year, with a full release planned for June 2016 coinciding with the console versions.

Planned Core Features include, among many other things:
- Mac and Linux versions
Afk, gonna go cry in a corner, because while my Mac would be able to handle it on the low settings, playing through Boot Camp would burn down my apartment.

Ferrio

Banned
So is there a public server? I don't wanna have to fish around for good servers, rather just hit a public one and hang with all the idiots.

ViciousDS

Banned
frswks.gif

HOLY SHIT!!!!

Take my money!

shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

Seanspeed

Banned
Well this is my Morpheus killer app
This game will never come out on Morpheus. And if it does, you wont want to play it.

They clearly aren't developing with VR in mind and it's got way too much of that cheap-looking survival game jank with the movement. Hell, just the head jerking around while chopping at something, a core part of the game, would likely feel awful.

AwesomeMeat

PossumMeat
This game will never come out on Morpheus. And if it does, you wont want to play it.

They clearly aren't developing with VR in mind and it's got way too much of that cheap-looking survival game jank with the movement. Hell, just the head jerking around while chopping at something, a core part of the game, would likely feel awful.

You are right, they would really need to do a lot of adjusting for VR. The FAQ says it launches with DK2 support so I'll test it out tonight.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
You are right, they would really need to do a lot of adjusting for VR. The FAQ says it launches with DK2 support so I'll test it out tonight.

To get a smooth frame rate you will have to turn loads of stuff down. Remember they haven't focused on optimization yet.

AwesomeMeat

PossumMeat
To get a smooth frame rate you will have to turn loads of stuff down. Remember they haven't focused on optimization yet.

Im not implying that it will be decent or even playable but one thing about DK2 is the resolution is still pretty terrible so you can make a lot of concessions on settings.

ger

Neo Member
Wow, this looks amazing. I don't think I'll ever get burned out on these types of games. Morpheus can't come soon enough.

Stitch

Gold Member
It took 5 seconds for a female character in this world to start giving blow jobs. Male gamer maturity at its finest.

Also, people wake up in a beautiful world with dinosaurs and the first thing they do (after blowjobs) is kill them. This game is sociology experiment waiting to happen for sure.

They also seem to enjoy killing each other and screaming into their mics.

AwesomeMeat

PossumMeat
So is it delayed again, or is this how Steam sometimes works?

This is the way MP Early Access games work. No official delay. Just scrambling to fix things and get it put up on steam. Next phase is where you can't access the servers until tomorrow and the steam forums get flamed. It's a fun ride.

This is the way MP Early Access games work. No official delay. Just scrambling to fix things and get it put up on steam. Next phase is where you can't access the servers until tomorrow and the steam forums get flamed. It's a fun ride.

They seem to be already feaking out. Not sure i'd want to be in a server with them lot.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Lirik was getting chased by a carnosaur or something, right after he started running his character shit his pants. I'm in tears laughing so hard.

antonz

Watching lirik http://www.twitch.tv/lirik game looks great but game seems to be a beast. He is playing on high with a titanx and getting 30fps with dips into 20s

Yeah they have done almost no optimization so far. They at least according to them have focused heavily on initial content rather than launching with minimal content and optimal performance.

If they do optimize it well then It will be a good idea. They have a ton of stuff. Hell after like 24 hours of streaming rhinocrunch still only saw like 20% of the map

Top Bottom