• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkham Asylum Mafia |OT| It's time to kill the Bat

Seriously though, can we agreed to policy lynch Micky today if he only drunk posts again?
Honestly? No.

It is entirely likely given the lack of activity that he will be replaced. It seems silly to waste a double lynch on him with that in mind. There are plenty of folks who are suspected as scum, we should lynch two of those.

SexyFish goes from never mentioning Dr. Worm once in the game, to "would hop on a worm train."

Then SexyFish tries to justify this AFTER THE FACT, as in after he realized he made a mistake.

Why does SexyFish think Dr. Worm is mafia?
This is the vote SexyFish is referring to, it is from very early on day 1:

Then SexyFish tries to divert to MickD. Does anyone else think trying to engage MickD is a productive use of time? SexyFish chooses to divert to MickD because he knows MickD probably isn't around.
Honestly? It feels more like an OMGUS thought train than anything else. Certainly nothing I would follow to "100% scum".

SexyFish

Banned
You have been pushing this agenda all day that only me or fat is a viable lynch. You are clearly trying to shut down discussion on other targets.

VOTE: Dr. Worm

There you go SexyFish, still think Worm can't be lynched today?

After reading through Natiko's post, yeah it is possible.

VOTE: Dr. Worm

DAY 2 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Faddy (3)
Flame_AC 937
Timeaisis 996
Zippedpinhead 1174

Dr. Worm (3)
Natiko 1100
Faddy 1247
SexyFish 1253

SexyFish (2)
batsnacks 967
acohrs 995

batsnacks (1)
Penguin 1190

AbsolutBro (1)
Sorian 892

MickD (1)
SexyFish 970 1110
CCS 1158

Flame_AC (0): batsnacks 958 967

Natiko (0): Faddy 918 1038

Fat4all (0): Faddy 1038 1247

No active vote for Day 2: AbsolutBro, Dr. Worm, Fat4all, Fireblend, Lone_Prodigy, Mazre, MickD, Nudull, Royal_Flush, Verelios

Day 2 Postcount: AbsolutBro 13, acohrs 24, batsnacks 37, CCS 10, Dr. Worm 26, Faddy 35, Fat4all 55, Fireblend 12, Flame_AC 23, Lone_Prodigy 1, Mazre 4, MickD 0, Natiko 17, Nudull 6, Penguin 8, Royal_Flush 11, SexyFish 21, Sorian 30, Timeaisis 11, Verelios 19, Zippedpinhead 10

Day 2 ends:
red_1493420400.png

Automated vote tally here

Fireblend

Banned
Seriously though, can we agreed to policy lynch Micky today if he only drunk posts again?

The more I read this the more I'm against this idea. Again, like I said earlier:

Also lol @ the idea that we'll all amicably agree to which two players will be lynched. Specially if we pretend that one of those will be MickD or some other policy lynch. How are we going to set that up? Who'll volunteer votes they could use on their scum targets to lynch an inactive instead?

A policy lynch on D2, even if it is part of a double lynch, is still a policy lynch. And those provide a perfect spot for mafia to hide in and equates making the mods' jobs for them. It sucks that we've had to replace so many players this game but we have no leeway to concern ourselves with stuff like that if we want to hunt down mafia in time, which we have zero reason to believe MickD is.

Which doesn't even matter because again, I doubt we could coordinate ourselves so well as to distribute our votes such that the second place can be decided beforehand. Did you see the end of D1? :p

Flame_AC

I think you should move your vote off of MickD CCS. It doesn't help anyone, out of Fat/Faddy who do you think is more likely to be scum? In other words, where's an actual vote going. MickD doesn't help anything.

Faddy

Banned
I think you should move your vote off of MickD CCS. It doesn't help anyone, out of Fat/Faddy who do you think is more likely to be scum? In other words, where's an actual vote going. MickD doesn't help anything.

Fat is going nowhere. No one has a vote on him and other than me who has put some accusations his way the rest of you have only seen fit to throw shade and not follow through.

So start thinking and stop falling into the trap that you think a decision about lynches have been made. You know actually play Mafia instead of looking for the easy way out.

Verelios

We have a day left and two possible lynches, there's not much point in hurrying people at this time since votes are fluid.

Fat4all

Banned
Hmm, this is a strange position to see. I had been reading both Faddy and Worm as scum leaning to an extent (Faddy with my theory earlier, and Worm with, what I felt, was an awkward and forced attempt to brush it away), but Faddy going after Worm in this manner is very direct.

You have been pushing this agenda all day that only me or fat is a viable lynch. You are clearly trying to shut down discussion on other targets.

I'm a bit surprised to see that Faddy taking Worm to point on Worms constant pokes in trying to swell up a Faddy/Fat4all lynch as we close in on the last 24 hours. This could be a move to separate himself from Worm directly, but with a double lynch this seems very risky for a pair of scum to do. I doubt the scum team would intentionally try to put their cohorts into a situation where there's a large chance at one of them being lynched, and I don;t buy into the idea that they would decide to let a fellow scum to be lynched by mid-day. Maybe if it was towards the end of the day and there was no avoiding what would be an obvious attempt to save a fellow scum.

Gonna have to ponder on this Faddy/Worm situation a bit more.

Faddy

Banned
Hmm, this is a strange position to see. I had been reading both Faddy and Worm as scum leaning to an extent (Faddy with my theory earlier, and Worm with, what I felt, was an awkward and forced attempt to brush it away), but Faddy going after Worm in this manner is very direct.

I'm a bit surprised to see that Faddy taking Worm to point on Worms constant pokes in trying to swell up a Faddy/Fat4all lynch as we close in on the last 24 hours. This could be a move to separate himself from Worm directly, but with a double lynch this seems very risky for a pair of scum to do. I doubt the scum team would intentionally try to put their cohorts into a situation where there's a large chance at one of them being lynched, and I don;t buy into the idea that they would decide to let a fellow scum to be lynched by mid-day. Maybe if it was towards the end of the day and there was no avoiding what would be an obvious attempt to save a fellow scum.

Gonna have to ponder on this Faddy/Worm situation a bit more.

Because I'm town and while you are on my scum radar the attempts to shut down discussion are far more dangerous and scummy in my opinion.

Fat what do you think about the pushing of your lynch as almost inevitable when you only had 1 vote?

acohrs

So you think they're just 2 townies going at each other because of misplaced suspicions? Any thoughts on my post at the top of the page? Thoughts on SF?

Think Faddy looks suspicious to those not used to him and think Fat4all seems suspicious to Faddy, but Faddy is a player that likes to throw controversial stuff out and see what sticks or irks, which can mean some scumread him for it. Also, the fact that neither have for each other, yet obviously, makes me think this is just town butting heads.

Think SF looks pretty scummy, with Terra being replaced and Flame being null to me right now, SF is upgraded to my top scum pick. I enjoy their play, but it all seems like noob scum trying to fit in too much. Said it before, but SF reminds me of me when I was scum in Pop and Zelda, it's a gut feeling which means feckall (take notes CountCountShoot!), but just how I feel.

Flame_AC

Fat is going nowhere. No one has a vote on him and other than me who has put some accusations his way the rest of you have only seen fit to throw shade and not follow through.

So start thinking and stop falling into the trap that you think a decision about lynches have been made. You know actually play Mafia instead of looking for the easy way out.

I'm specifically referencing CCS's earlier post here:

I'm not certain that one of Fat and Faddy are scum, but I suspect them both so I think it's likely there's scum there.

The MickD vote is useless, and so since they already said they think there is scum between Fat and Faddy, I ask which one they wanna place a vote on. I mean, if they want they can totally go for someone else.

Fat4all

Banned
Fat what do you think about the pushing of your lynch as almost inevitable when you only had 1 vote?

I'm never a fan of people listing things as being set in stone so early in the day generally. I didn't give Worm any acknowledgement while he was doing his 'let's Fat/Faddy vote' dance because I wanted to see who (if anyone) would aid/humor him. As for the threat in general, I worry more about the end of the day swings that could head my way.

It's likely going to be dangerous for a couple people at the end of the day, but at least it could give some interesting reads for day three.

Mazre

Mazre: Apart from what has to be the most useless readslist I've seen in quite some time, there were basically two other points made: Worm is Scum and with even distribution of Scum we should go after the smaller group of people because it's easier to find Scum there (which I, just for reference, think is pretty much nonsense). Useless person or Scum.

For reference, today's day 1 votes and the day 1 votes of the last two games I was in (plus markup including scum teams). There's no guarantee that our game has a similar spread but as a starting point for narrowing where I'm going to spend a limited amount of time investigating I don't think it's crazy.

For reference, today's day 1 votes and the day 1 votes of the last two games I was in (plus markup including scum teams). There's no guarantee that our game has a similar spread but as a starting point for narrowing where I'm going to spend a limited amount of time investigating I don't think it's crazy.

But 2/7 > 1/5. That majorly defeats your point.

Natiko

Banned
I wanted to de-escalate w/ dog, hence lack of vote

Nullread him up until now, lean scum currently but still undecided this early

May not be able to go in-depth tomorrow, but should be able to address before EOD if questions persist
Yes, you wanted to de-escalate just as I said. Reason - you're both scum.

I didn't like either vote, so I didn't vote for them. That simple. Lifeline looked like someone tunneling like crazy, Terra got called out for humoring him. They were both bad votes to me. And given the last minute almost tie we had, you throwing "it could have been a tie without your vote!" is some serious editorializing. We could have just as easily CAUSED a vote by throwing into that mess.

I don't think you've said, and I don't think anyone else has asked so I will: any reason you not have a vote last day phase?
You know who else would think hopping on either train is bad? Scum. Why pick one town over another as scum and later have to worry about justifying it when you can just sit on the sidelines and let us kill each other.

CCS reporting in.

Will read through thread this afternoon, start posting this evening.

acohrs is town
Guess we know acorn's alignment now. Scum.

lol

I've seen him tunnel before, but some of his reads and posts just seem incoherent and unjustified.

Also don't like Terra, but reserving judgement until I see Flame post.
Do you think a scum Faddy would double down on his tunnel of me or back off some when it wasn't really gaining momentum? I'm not sure I've been particularly swayed by any of the arguments against Faddy so far, which is surprising given it was hard to not just OMGUS him for what I felt were poor arguments.

Alright, I'm all caught up. I re-read all of day 2 so far and I see it's been mostly dominated by Faddy and Fat4all with some Dr. Worm and Batsnacks sprinkled in there.

I'm not sold entirely on a Faddy vote but I think there's been enough discussion that it could help point us in the right direction if it ends up like that. What I'm driving at is that some people seem a little too invested on a Faddy lynch; what are the chances that both SexyFish and Fat4all saw Faddy's "support"/"humoring" of Lifeline as him using LL as a shield?

Couldn't stop thinking about the coincidence after reading those two posts, pretty close to each other. Feels like I missed part of the conversation with SF agreeing with Faddy and as a result makes SF's post seem like it was "workshopped" IMO and it's making me lean more towards those two as scum partners than faddy.

Then again there's some people also throwing halfhearted shade in Faddy's direction like AB which is I think a nice cozy spot for scum to hide in.

Another thing I'm curious about is Sorian's insistence on us doing a policy lynch + regular "suspicious player" lynch this round. Seems like an active scum team would benefit from this by lowering the chances of getting lynched and score an easy inactive lynch that ends up saving them some trouble. Just a thought that I thought was worth mentioning because I noticed him proposing them several times today.

Mazre's read list seemed pretty pointless. I think all of value was some shade towards Acohrs that Acohrs' replied to with a gif but led nowhere. NuDull, MickD and Penguin I just haven't noticed beyond a couple hellos here and there. CCS seems like they're a bit more on board and I have a more positive feel towards.

More thoughts soon-ish. I just spent like half my day reading those pages.
You make a strong point regarding SexyFish and Fat. My main hesitation is that I still strongly read Dr. Worm and Fat as scum. Not particularly convinced that all three could actually pan out as scum though, seems too easy. I would probably go Worm > Fat > Fish as far as who I have strongest feelings on.

No, and I'm surprised to see you say this when you and acorn have goofed your way through games before without being particularly helpful. Pushing a policy lynch just gives scum an easy way to vote for a townie that can't later be easily scrutinized. D1 is a better time for it, not now when we have more information to work with. If this ended up happening I would be highly suspicious of everyone on that vote.

If Worm ends up not being an option but more people feel strongly about Fat I would switch. Worm just seems both scummier to me of the two.

Long Live RetroMG, Magnanimous ruler of Gafia

Fireblend

Banned

Mazre right now:

Not that I disagree with selecting a group of people to keep close tabs on :p

Fireblend

Banned
You make a strong point regarding SexyFish and Fat. My main hesitation is that I still strongly read Dr. Worm and Fat as scum. Not particularly convinced that all three could actually pan out as scum though, seems too easy. I would probably go Worm > Fat > Fish as far as who I have strongest feelings on.

I'd be interested to know if that Dr.Worm & Fat as scum partners stands after the few pages you are (maybe?) still catching up on. I don't really see it (mostly because I'm obviously leaning towards Fat and SF as partners as I said in the post you're quoting).

Sorian

Banned
Interesting sequence....

You're telling me no one else was throwing shade without putting down a vote yesterday? Come on Sorian, even if I agree that it's scum tell 101 Faddy wasn't getting lynched yesterday. What point was there to vote for him 30 minutes to day end? You can't just say it was a reasonable vote in a vacuum.

These two posts are so weird, as if I committed a crime by pointing out what I did. You might want to read what I said again. I didn't excuse AB for his sidelines vote or even say that he was super town since I'm still voting for him and do think he's scum but to Verelios, what does the climate at the time have to do with anything? You tried to pretend that he was voting for Faddy for non-scum read reasons but that clearly wasn't the case, at all.

And to Faddy, why is the sequence interesting?

Oh and I find it interesting that nobody (except Flame, who this post was addressed to) caught or addressed this slip:

Not sure how that potentially fits with anything and R_F later was puzzled himself at how nobody caught it before but I've messed up names while playing as scum before so that jumped out at me :p

I saw it while I was at work, wanted to say something, then remembered the switcher was dead and cared a lot less. Then proceeded to not post for a couple hours probably to top off the chance of forgetting.

Can we talk about MickD guys?

Anyone who hasn't posted except for while drunk in almost two days of play is either scum or so useless to town that we may as well get the lynch out of the way on a day with two lynches.

I think the MickD lynch doesn't help anyone.

What information is it possibly going to give us? Everyone here is probably fine with having him killed / swapped out, so why not just wait for a potential switch out or let the scum deal with it? If we're going to be doing the double lynch, then I'd rather us at least get some useful information out of it.

If MickD, post rushes again, he should absolutely be one of the lynches today. A double lynch provides the opportunity to deal with shit like this. Lynches aren't "for information" they are for killing scum. You say everyone is probably fine with having him killed yet you, yourself, continue to divert us away from it when anyone brings it up.

To CCS, play the actual game and stop pointing out obvious things, thanks.

btw, this "CCS is Scum because Star couldn't withstand the pressure" argument is probably the most disgusting and unfair thing I've ever encountered in Gafia. Problem is that it's true. Now, I refuse to vote CCS for that (and I hope everyone else does too), but I have to admit, he might have to work a bit harder for those Townie points.

Going to have to disagree, it's no more or less disgusting than your predecessor being a scummy shit and then you having to come in and deal with the mess when you have no way of knowing what they were thinking/doing while they were playing.

Sorian

Banned
Also

VOTE: SexyFish

I would also vote Faddy over Worm at this point but ignoring Mick for right now, I'd rather the lynch be Sexy and Faddy.

Flame_AC

If MickD, post rushes again, he should absolutely be one of the lynches today. A double lynch provides the opportunity to deal with shit like this. Lynches aren't "for information" they are for killing scum. You say everyone is probably fine with having him killed yet you, yourself, continue to divert us away from it when anyone brings it up.

To CCS, play the actual game and stop pointing out obvious things, thanks.

Disagree. You think MickD is scum? If he's gonna drop in and drunk post, he should prob be replaced or mod zapped. Wasting an opportunity (as y'all see it at least) to get rid of two more likely scum targets is way better. Basically, MickD voters are scummy.

Sorian

Banned
Disagree. You think MickD is scum? If he's gonna drop in and drunk post, he should prob be replaced or mod zapped. Wasting an opportunity (as y'all see it at least) to get rid of two more likely scum targets is way better. Basically, MickD voters are scummy.

Why would he get replaced if he meets his 10 posts per day phase? The mod isn't there to judge people on good quality posts, they are there to enforce a strict post count.

batsnacks

I remember Royal_Flush posting some of the more compelling stuff posted earlier this phase. His scum reads, absolut and zipped, have both had spotlight. I think it's weird he hasn't voted.

Fireblend

Banned
I'm leaving work for the day, so might not post as much til tomorrow. Here's a vote for who I'm scumreading the most atm.

VOTE: Fat4all

CCS

Banned
My suggestion of lynching Micky has got a weird amount of pushback. For clarity, not suggesting lynching him if he doesn't post at all or if he contributes. I'm suggesting lynching if his only contributions today are random incoherent posts.

Beyond him, scum reads are acohrs, Royal, and one of Faddy and Fat (not sure which).

Natiko

Banned
I'd be interested to know if that Dr.Worm & Fat as scum partners stands after the few pages you are (maybe?) still catching up on. I don't really see it (mostly because I'm obviously leaning towards Fat and SF as partners as I said in the post you're quoting).
Personally I haven't seen anything that makes me feel like they couldn't be scum partners still. I do agree though that Fish looks bad and that it's highly unlikely all three are scum. I think what hangs me up on Fish is I don't have any frame of reference on whether they'd play this fast and loose as scum. I know Fat and Worm can pull off a good scum game so their concerns stick out as stronger to me. My vote will almost certainly be on Worm or Fat at day end depending on everyone else's votes barring something causing a change in my perception.

Faddy

Banned
And to Faddy, why is the sequence interesting?

Zipped throws that I am scum but wants to be careful with his vote
You give out the warning that throwing around accusations and not following up with a vote is scum 101
Then immediately Zipped comes in with a vote for me.

Also the vote was against me so I thought I would ding him and see how he responded.
Zipped hasn't posted since.

Natiko

Banned
For anyone that played with Mazre in the games he's posting spreadsheets from - did he ever post screen caps of them in those games?

Sorian

Banned
Zipped throws that I am scum but wants to be careful with his vote
You give out the warning that throwing around accusations and not following up with a vote is scum 101
Then immediately Zipped comes in with a vote for me.

Also the vote was against me so I thought I would ding him and see how he responded.
Zipped hasn't posted since.

Fair, if anything its off because this is reasoning from forever ago, there are new things today.

For anyone that played with Mazre in the games he's posting spreadsheets from - did he ever post screen caps of them in those games?

I believe he did, yes.

Mazre

Worm is a huge jerk for voting me at EOD and is v lucky I didn't shoot him last night but I think town.

Small thing and probably not all that helpful, but just to confirm you didn't shoot one of the victims last night did you? I know it's somewhat implied but if you wouldn't mind confirming that'd be nice.

Fat4all

Banned
Small thing and probably not all that helpful, but just to confirm you didn't shoot one of the victims last night did you? I know it's somewhat implied but if you wouldn't mind confirming that'd be nice.

from earlier in the day

(I didn't shoot Kalor or splinter

but I thought about shooting worm on principle. I'm not faking this.)

bats been going heavy handed in their roleclaim

Faddy

Banned
No, the you throwing shade without action thing was a theme of early day 1. I have different issues with you now, personally.

It might have been a theme of day 1 but the sequence was recent

11:49am

Welcome CCS! Enjoy your stay at arkham!

I'm leaning faddy as my vote today, leaning not voting yet though. I'm pretty sure fat4all is town so these two scrapping in the posts and, like mazre said (who I am pretty convinced is town) I have been getting vibes that they are playing similar games. With those two things, I feel faddy is more likely scum .

Not throwing my vote on there yet because of the two lynches, we need to be careful on how we vote.

2:39pm

Throwing shade without placing down votes is literally scumtell 101. I don't even feel like I'm defending AB by saying that. It is straight one of the best things to look for especially when hunting newbie scum. That's not a "worthless to town" behavior.

2:47pm

vote: Faddy [/highlght]

I gotta put my money where my mouth is. I think you are scum Faddy

---

What is your issue with me?

franconp

Regarding MickD: As happened with the players who didn't have the minimun required post day 1, if he doesn't reach the 10 post rule he will be proded. He has 24hs to reply the prod. If he doesn't he is replaced. If he does he will continue in the game. If a proded player fails to reach the 10 posts rule a second time they are replaced instantly.

Sorian

Banned
It might have been a theme of day 1 but the sequence was recent

11:49am

2:39pm

2:47pm

---

What is your issue with me?

I'm aware of the post I made this morning before going to sleep, thank you. Again, I was not talking about what Zipped did, I was talking about my own thoughts on the reasoning of the vote.

You are still weirding me out by starting the game by throwing shade at me and since then basically being my lapdog and agreeing with almost anything. You even gave me some weird wink/nudge thing when I pointed this out the first time on day 1 saying you figured I knew what was going on which i still have no idea what you mean.

Past that, today, you seem to be going to tunnels I just don't agree with which is why I said the almost in the lines above. Natiko springs to mind because I've been trying to follow your argument and it just looks made up. I'm not really scum reading Natiko anyway but it isn't even an issue of just disagreeing, it's that I don't see any logical thread.

Re: This sequencing debate regarding Zipped: I can see a correlation between Sorian's post and Zipped voting...

In contrast, the 1/4 > 1/5 in that second game.
I didn't say the larger pile is better than the smaller pile, I said that if Scum are evenly distributed it doesn't matter which pile you pick.

I remember Royal_Flush posting some of the more compelling stuff posted earlier this phase. His scum reads, absolut and zipped, have both had spotlight. I think it's weird he hasn't voted.
I don't know, I never made a habit of voting early. Kind of sub-optimal play, I guess... Fish, Nudull, Mazre, AB and Zipped are all options I could get behind.

vote: SexyFish

SexyFish, you're new, right? How does it feel being co-voteleader?

Faddy

Banned
I'm aware of the post I made this morning before going to sleep, thank you. Again, I was not talking about what Zipped did, I was talking about my own thoughts on the reasoning of the vote.

You are still weirding me out by starting the game by throwing shade at me and since then basically being my lapdog and agreeing with almost anything. You even gave me some weird wink/nudge thing when I pointed this out the first time on day 1 saying you figured I knew what was going on which i still have no idea what you mean.

Past that, today, you seem to be going to tunnels I just don't agree with which is why I said the almost in the lines above. Natiko springs to mind because I've been trying to follow your argument and it just looks made up. I'm not really scum reading Natiko anyway but it isn't even an issue of just disagreeing, it's that I don't see any logical thread.

So I still have 0 Sorian points?

Faddy

Banned

So you didn't agree with my Natiko read fair enough. What did you think about Fireblend (and *Splinter RIP) putting his vote there?

And if I am actively "tunnelling" onto people you don't think are scum how does that make me your lapdog? Because I town-read you?

Sorian

Banned
So you didn't agree with my Natiko read fair enough. What did you think about Fireblend (and *Splinter RIP) putting his vote there?

And if I am actively "tunnelling" onto people you don't think are scum how does that make me your lapdog? Because I town-read you?

You've actively agreed with me on multiple occasions but the way you've agreed is weird. Just throwing in support and dropping the topic. If I really have to go back and quote examples I will later when I'm not on mobile.

As for Fireblend and Splinter, they were fine. Splinter more so since he seemed to believe his own logic. Fire had been weird to read this game, everything feels very one note and flat. So while I follow his logic, he comes off as uncaring on everything. I've liked it for the most part, he hasn't seemed to care about cutting bullshit.

Top Bottom