• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkham Asylum Mafia |OT| It's time to kill the Bat

acohrs

Off to work, will try to work out a vote by lunch and post then. Other than that won't be around till about 2.5 hrs before deadline.

Sorian, are you a serial killer?

dumbstruck-o.gif

Very curious now, please explain your findings Maz!

Tentatively saying yeah lynch AB though

AB voted faddy 5 min before day end, AB didn't push faddy today. If the intention of his vote at day end was to communicate who he thought was mafia, he would have pushed faddy today. No vote from AB today.
Is this just because I said I needed to reread you?
jk

I don't usually vote early, fwiw.

batsnacks

Is this just because I said I needed to reread you?
jk

I don't usually vote early, fwiw.
so?

You voted 5 min before day end why not lead today with even a simple, "In case you missed it I'm feeling Faddy is mafia..." or "allow me to elaborate on Faddy since I have time now and that's who I think is mafia"

batsnacks

rereading, you didn't even "me too" one of the people who were actually pushing Faddy today. The only time you mentioned Faddy was to defend your vote yesterday.

DAY 2 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Faddy (4)
Flame_AC 937
Timeaisis 996
Zippedpinhead 1174
Nudull 1260

Dr. Worm (3)
Natiko 1100
Faddy 1247
SexyFish 1253

SexyFish (3)
batsnacks 967 1345
acohrs 995
Sorian 1274
Royal_Flush 1294

Fat4all (2)
Faddy 1038 1247
Fireblend 1278
Dr. Worm 1328

MickD (1)
SexyFish 970 1110
CCS 1158

batsnacks (1)
Penguin 1190

Flame_AC (0): batsnacks 958 967

AbsolutBro (0): Sorian 892 1274

Natiko (0): Faddy 918 1038

No active vote for Day 2: AbsolutBro, batsnacks (has previously voted), Fat4all, Lone_Prodigy, Mazre, MickD, Verelios

Day 2 Postcount: AbsolutBro 17, acohrs 27, batsnacks 44, CCS 12, Dr. Worm 28, Faddy 46, Fat4all 62, Fireblend 16, Flame_AC 27, Lone_Prodigy 4, Mazre 8, MickD 0, Natiko 23, Nudull 9, Penguin 11, Royal_Flush 14, SexyFish 23, Sorian 49, Timeaisis 11, Verelios 28, Zippedpinhead 10

Day 2 ends:
red_1493420400.png

Automated vote tally here

Nudull

Banned
Well I think folks smell blood in the water and are simply riding the wave to get someone who is putting themselves out there voted out.

I'm imagining it won't be the early votes, but some in the middle if he proves to be innocent that are scum

I see. Seeing how things are going this phase, we'll find out soon enough.

Timeaisis

rereading, you didn't even "me too" one of the people who were actually pushing Faddy today. The only time you mentioned Faddy was to defend your vote yesterday.

He could've just changed his mind? I don't know if this analysis you've (or Veir, I guess) got sticks.

I will say, I do not like Sorian's reaction.

Sorian

Banned
Tentatively saying yeah lynch AB though

AB voted faddy 5 min before day end, AB didn't push faddy today. If the intention of his vote at day end was to communicate who he thought was mafia, he would have pushed faddy today. No vote from AB today.

Verelios is right and sorian is being weird and defensive

More like annoyed that I've felt Verelios was a wall flower day one and then was pushing what felt like an agenda day 2 based on half of a good argument and half garbage. So I pointed out the nonsense half and kept getting redirected to the good argument and at one point got the simple "I didn't say that" even after I quoted exactly what was said. At this point I don't even know what the argument is for considering we're running in the same circle and Verelios' defense at this point is to pony up. This side charade is great and all but SexyFish is still the likelier scum which is why I am voting for him.

Off to work, will try to work out a vote by lunch and post then. Other than that won't be around till about 2.5 hrs before deadline.

Sorian, are you a serial killer?

Yes.

On a serious note, this is kind of the second time this has come up. I believe it was Time who put me down as feeling extremely neutral in his reads list. Why?

batsnacks

He could've just changed his mind? I don't know if this analysis you've (or Veir, I guess) got sticks.

I will say, I do not like Sorian's reaction.
He could have but I think the combination of defending his vote today, not following up on it, not pushing, and not visibly looking for mafia elsewhere is still real scummy.

others should weigh in idk

Timeaisis

For whatever it's worth, my scum order.

Faddy > Sexy Fish > Fat4All > Sorian. AB is suspicious, but that's it. Most everyone in this game has some sticking point I can find that is suspect. AB is no different, but if all we're going by is that one post at day end yesterday, I'd say that's not enough. Bats is (like usual) a wildcard. Seems more and more scummy, but somehow not. Sure, he's trying to scumhunt hardcore, but that's his MO in just about every game I've played with him. It's some of his logic that I don't particularly like.

Top town are Flame_AC, Verelios , and somewhat Royal Flush. I haven't seen really anything suspect from them, saving Terrabyte's vote dance last phase. But Flame has been nothing but town to me, since.

Sorian

Banned
He could have but I think the combination of defending his vote today, not following up on it, not pushing, and not visibly looking for mafia elsewhere is still real scummy.

others should weigh in idk

AB is real scummy, I don't think anyone is really denying that. My point was never AB, my point was Verelios pushing logic that wasn't there when there's plenty that was. Feels like a bus attempt more than anything.

CCS

Banned
For whatever it's worth, my scum order.

Faddy > Sexy Fish > Fat4All > Sorian. AB is suspicious, but that's it. Most everyone in this game has some sticking point I can find that is suspect. AB is no different, but if all we're going by is that one post at day end yesterday, I'd say that's not enough. Bats is (like usual) a wildcard. Seems more and more scummy, but somehow not. Sure, he's trying to scumhunt hardcore, but that's his MO in just about every game I've played with him. It's some of his logic that I don't particularly like.

Top town are Flame_AC, Verelios , and somewhat Royal Flush. I haven't seen really anything suspect from them, saving Terrabyte's vote dance last phase. But Flame has been nothing but town to me, since.

I'm not sure I like this list. It feels too close to the vote consensus. Either scum trying to hide or unoriginal town?

I'll move my vote if Mick doesn't post soon, since he's heading for a prod anyway.

Fireblend

Banned
At work again. Seems like there's not much to catch up on, honestly. Nothing since yesterday makes me want to move my vote; Sorian's thing with Verelios seemed like a usual case of Sorian arguing with someone and neither of them wanting to yield. At this point my brain just begs me to skip those.

Timeaisis

I'm not sure I like this list. It feels too close to the vote consensus. Either scum trying to hide or unoriginal town?

I'll move my vote if Mick doesn't post soon, since he's heading for a prod anyway.

I'm glad my thoughts on who is scum are unoriginal to you. I'll try to communicate to my brain that I it's better to be original and wrong than unoriginal and right.

Also, Sorian is no where near consensus, and I seem to be the one of the few travelling that path.

Sorian

Banned
I'm glad my thoughts on who is scum are unoriginal to you. I'll try to communicate to my brain that I it's better to be original and wrong than unoriginal and right.

Also, Sorian is no where near consensus, and I seem to be the one of the few travelling that path.

I feel like I dropped on pretty much everyone's lists who commented on this fight with Vere. I wouldn't really consider that an original thought either.

Timeaisis

Oh, I must've missed the meeting where we changed the meta to where one has to have completely out of consensus scum theories in order to be seen as town in gafia.

My bad.

Sorian

Banned
Oh, I must've missed the meeting where we changed the meta to where one has to have completely out of consensus scum theories in order to be seen as town in gafia.

My bad.

I'm not scum reading for that nor do I actually care, you seem town to me. But yeah, I don't think you can pretend I'm an interesting scum read based on current opinion.

CCS

Banned
I'm not sold there's scum in any of the top votes players. If I had to pick one though I'd probably go SexyFish. I'll put my vote there for now.

VOTE: SexyFish

Verelios

Your vote on Faddy was literally saying he was throwing shade day 1, therefore vote. Not that he's scum, not that he's suspicious, but that he was mostly worthless to town, I'd like to say 20 to 30 minutes to day end, where you're the ONLY vote on him. I don't understand how you can reconcile a vote for him but not for any of the others in contention, where you could probably cook up any number of shitpost/worthless/suspicious allegations instead of standing to the side doing nothing.

Throwing shade without placing down votes is literally scumtell 101. I don't even feel like I'm defending AB by saying that. It is straight one of the best things to look for especially when hunting newbie scum. That's not a "worthless to town" behavior.
This is what got Sorian's hackles raised and I'm trying really hard to understand why he's making this out to be a bus attempt from an actual observation. I'd bus AB a day into day 2 when no one else commented on it, I'm sure these aren't just your delusions. Your entire problem seems to stem from me not seeing Ab's post as premium scum hunting 101, so let's be real, I think you're either on some weird trip right now or there's something more to your persistence.

Natiko

Banned
I'm not certain that one of Fat and Faddy are scum, but I suspect them both so I think it's likely there's scum there.

I'm not sold there's scum in any of the top votes players. If I had to pick one though I'd probably go SexyFish. I'll put my vote there for now.

VOTE: SexyFish
What changed your mind on Fat/Faddy? Or alternatively if your opinion didn't change of them what pulled SexyFish past them?

Long Live RetroMG, Magnanimous ruler of Gafia

SexyFish

Banned
About AB..

Okay, rereading and putting down thoughts:

@Fat4all - sorry if I seemed actually bothered by the avatar or anything, it was meant as an offhand joke :p

@Sorian - It is always sort of curious how you react to people who talk about ("defend") you to other players. I have seen it in several games now. It is like you see even a single explanatory comment as trying to score Sorian-points or something. Weird.

@acohrs - (post 161) I am just curious, if you were still typing your post, why have the "That's all I have for now folks! Oh, except for one more"? You're typing, not talking. Not a #scumtell or anythin, just curious.

@'batfam' (the term) - please let's not make this a thing. It's not a thing.

@Faddy's 'dont implicate me' post - I thought it was pretty clearly a joke? I mean "clearly shows evidence"? On D1? I am doubt he is serious.

@rng votes - plz no

Guess that's it? Also I am leaving work shortly. Should/might be around later this evening and tomorrow.

This post from Day 1 still looks funny. So much nothing.

Also, I'm going to say Sorian is town and that these posts from StarSketch were an actual fuckup.

I can see a newer scum player trying to suck up to a well known town player, but that's the only way 'sorian points' makes any sense.

:|

I am town reading him, yes, but I failed to realize not everyone else is.

Sorian

Banned
This is what got Sorian's hackles raised and I'm trying really hard to understand why he's making this out to be a bus attempt from an actual observation. I'd bus AB a day into day 2 when no one else commented on it, I'm sure these aren't just your delusions. Your entire problem seems to stem from me not seeing Ab's post as premium scum hunting 101, so let's be real, I think you're either on some weird trip right now or there's something more to your persistence.

I don't know how to get this point across anymore without making the same post for probably the 5th time. I'm not saying his post was premium scum hunting and the hyperbole doesn't help the argument. It was a scum hunting attempt or at least presented as such which is where the rub is. You saying it wasn't and then pretending you didn't say as much is where this gets sketchy.

batsnacks

Look how fucken easy this is

ABs vote on day1, while presented as a scum hunting attempt, does not seem to be a sincere scum hunting attempt.

:O :O :O :O

which one of u is busing

SexyFish

Banned
I might be misremembering, but did you ever bring up AB or this post specifically up before?

No, you're correct. Just saw AB mentioned a bunch reading the past couple posts and decided to look over him for Day 1. Then I saw that post which others had already said was a huge nothingburger at the time.

CCS

Banned
What changed your mind on Fat/Faddy? Or alternatively if your opinion didn't change of them what pulled SexyFish past them?

Rereading the day and following the play since then, it's been feeling more like a town/town mistaken pileon than town/scum interacting. Just feels like we're being lead the wrong way.

Verelios

I don't know how to get this point across anymore without making the same post for probably the 5th time. I'm not saying his post was premium scum hunting and the hyperbole doesn't help the argument. It was a scum hunting attempt or at least presented as such which is where the rub is. You saying it wasn't and then pretending you didn't say as much is where this gets sketchy.
I don't ask for much, I don't even ask for reading comprehension, all I ask is that you actually read what I write every time I post. I said I won't pretend he didn't vote for non-scum reasons, because his vote to me was honestly just nothing, it was a policy vote at that point to seem busy. What you're calling me sketchy for, as I've said repeatedly and what I keep saying in my opinion, not finding his post to be scum hunting. Your entire ball and chain in this argument seems to be to argue for the sake of argument, which is really funny that you're moving the topic of discussion slowly away from AB to me.

I ask for evidence, you show none. I ask for logic, you put up a false equivocacy wherever something can stick such as 'sketchy', 'scummy', whatever with no followup.

Faddy

Banned
Rereading the day and following the play since then, it's been feeling more like a town/town mistaken pileon than town/scum interacting. Just feels like we're being lead the wrong way.

OK CCS can I get your read on the people who have votes on me

Flame_AC
Timeaisis
Zippedpinhead
Nudull

Who do you think is the scummiest out of those 4? This is important btw.

Flame_AC

Ughhhhh. Sorry I haven't posted as much compared to when I first joined the game. Next day phase (if I make it), I'll be better.

I managed to get on and just wanted to say I won't (75% sure) be around for end of day.

Is there anything anyone wants to ask me in like the next hour?

Also, I want to point out that we're dangerously close to having a tie occur if we don't get more vote separation. (Not that I'd mind that though).

In reading, CCS seems flip floppy and Batsnacks is looking good.

Sorian

Banned
I don't ask for much, I don't even ask for reading comprehension, all I ask is that you actually read what I write every time I post. I said I won't pretend he didn't vote for non-scum reasons, because his vote to me was honestly just nothing, it was a policy vote at that point to seem busy. What you're calling me sketchy for, as I've said repeatedly and what I keep saying in my opinion, not finding his post to be scum hunting. Your entire ball and chain in this argument seems to be to argue for the sake of argument, which is really funny that you're moving the topic of discussion slowly away from AB to me.

I ask for evidence, you show none. I ask for logic, you put up a false equivocacy wherever something can stick such as 'sketchy', 'scummy', whatever with no followup.

A few things. When I say policy vote, I am talking about someone purposely voting for what they think is town because they feel said person is detracting from the game. You seem to be saying it meaning putting down a vote for the sake of voting.

Second, the main issue is you say he was voting for what he thought was town, I said it looked like he was voting for what he thought was scum, you then double backed and claimed you never said that. You're right, I haven't shown you evidence the last few times you asked for it because I already did the first time and you ignored it and when I pointed out you ignored it, you deflected.

Finally, considering no one is voting for AB or you, it's hard to say I'm moving the conversation from/to either of you. We've effectively been having a side conversation that no one seems to give a shit about.

------

For other current events, I'll admit that I like Flush for calling out Sexy right away on drudging up that day 1 post. And speaking of that day 1 post, it's another case of someone doing something and then pretending not to when called on it considering that was my issue with AB from the start. Presented a "reads" list that had no reads and was jut general thoughts on things that had nothing to do with alignment.

Sorian

Banned
And I agree with Flame, we are getting to a point where we are just going to shoot two random people in a 4 persona barrell unless we figure things out more.

Verelios

Shi...I've literally answered you question 3 or 4 times on this page, haven't deflected it anywhere or dodged the issue. You seem to have a problem with the wording, I explained. You had a problem with the context, I explained. We're spinning circles here and I'm tired of you willfully ignoring 80% of whatever I say.

Natiko

Banned
It's hard to consolidate the votes though given everyone seems to vaguely agree that scum is somewhere in this bunch, but we all slightly disagree on the likelihood of who exactly is scum of the bunch.

Natiko

Banned
Might help if some of the seven people with no active vote put something down.

Sorian

Banned
Shi...I've literally answered you question 3 or 4 times on this page, haven't deflected it anywhere or dodged the issue. You seem to have a problem with the wording, I explained. You had a problem with the context, I explained. We're spinning circles here and I'm tired of you willfully ignoring 80% of whatever I say.

Fantastic, as I said a page and a half ago, even with all of this, it doesn't change my opinion enough to even make me move my vote over to one of you so I'm over spinning my wheels on this. Congrats though because you're getting the same partial read Natiko has from day 1. Scum doesn't bother with this type of argument for this long, not if they want to avoid the spotlight.

Faddy

Banned
checking back just now and wow, Faddy, of all players, is accusing me of tunneling

I don't know what's richer, this or fat4all accusing me of shitposting

I'm reading back and missed this.

I've been accused of tunnelling by a few people now. I understand "Tunnelling" to be concentrating on 1 player or aspect of the game (like day 2 Gafia I was in a Crab/CCS tunnel) but in this game I have been much more scattershot in my thinking/votes/interactions.

CCS

Banned
OK CCS can I get your read on the people who have votes on me

Flame_AC
Timeaisis
Zippedpinhead
Nudull

Who do you think is the scummiest out of those 4? This is important btw.

Flame is a difficult one, in that I thought Terra was quite scummy but I've founded Flame less so since subbing in. Probably overall a null read, but still a bit suspicious of them.

Time and Zipped are my two main candidates if there's a scum among your pursuers. As mentioned before, Time is either town whose views happen to almost completely match up with the prevailing consensus, or is scum hiding among the majority opinion. Zipped feels a bit scummy to me, but that's a pure gut read rather than having any solid evidence to back it up. Not sure which I'd rather go with out of the two, neither are strong strong scum reads but I could well go for one of them.

Nudull is completely null to me.

Fat4all

Banned
Might help if some of the seven people with no active vote put something down.

Thats exactly what I'm contemplating right now.

In my decision between voting Faddy or Dr Worm, both of their reactions seem to tell me something different over the course of the day. While Faddy took my theory, questioned me and then moved on to other conversations, Dr Worm worked hard to try and dismiss my theory, spent a while 'defending' Faddy, in a sense, and then started an open suggestion for Faddy and myself to both get lynched in multiple posts.

Two wildly different reactions to my theory, but it told me a good bit about both of their playstyles. There could be some behind the scenes collusion or something, but for now I feel Dr. Worm would be the best choice for my vote.

VOTE: Dr. Worm

I also found it funny how after all their posturing after our debate over the Faddy read, they clearly wanted to vote for me, but didn't until Fireblend had. Looking for a bit of cover, perhaps.

Faddy

Banned
Flame is a difficult one, in that I thought Terra was quite scummy but I've founded Flame less so since subbing in. Probably overall a null read, but still a bit suspicious of them.

Time and Zipped are my two main candidates if there's a scum among your pursuers. As mentioned before, Time is either town whose views happen to almost completely match up with the prevailing consensus, or is scum hiding among the majority opinion. Zipped feels a bit scummy to me, but that's a pure gut read rather than having any solid evidence to back it up. Not sure which I'd rather go with out of the two, neither are strong strong scum reads but I could well go for one of them.

Nudull is completely null to me.

I'm pretty much in the same place and think it is most likely that I have 4 town votes on me. I don't feel any of them have made a particularly bad vote either. My death looks like it is going to be most unfortunate if circumstances don't change.

Sorian

Banned
I'm pretty much in the same place and think it is most likely that I have 4 town votes on me. I don't feel any of them have made a particularly bad vote either. My death looks like it is going to be most unfortunate if circumstances don't change.

I want more honest reads on Nudull. A null read isn't crazy but he was forced into talking a bit more today and I still don't know that I understand his current stances.

Natiko

Banned
If I get off work early as expected I'll update my reads list. Not sure how I feel about both Faddy and Fat pivoting to join my Worm vote. I feel more and more inclined to think there's two scum out of the three. My money would still be on Worm and Fat. That SexyFish/Fat duplicate line is the only thing throwing me off.

Timeaisis

Ughhhhh. Sorry I haven't posted as much compared to when I first joined the game. Next day phase (if I make it), I'll be better.

I managed to get on and just wanted to say I won't (75% sure) be around for end of day.

Is there anything anyone wants to ask me in like the next hour?

Also, I want to point out that we're dangerously close to having a tie occur if we don't get more vote separation. (Not that I'd mind that though).

In reading, CCS seems flip floppy and Batsnacks is looking good.

I'll move if necessary to prevent a tie. Faddy and Sexy Fish are very close on my scum reads.

CCS seems to be fluffy activity to me. Coming in, jumping on me for my read list, and ignoring everything else that is going on is kind of weird to me. Previously they were on MickD for a policy lynch. Nothing inherently wrong with that, of course, but does seem like least possible activity to remain active while saying not much.

Top Bottom