• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkham Asylum Mafia |OT| It's time to kill the Bat

Faddy

Banned
If I get off work early as expected I'll update my reads list. Not sure how I feel about both Faddy and Fat pivoting to join my Worm vote. I feel more and more inclined to think there's two scum out of the three. My money would still be on Worm and Fat. That SexyFish/Fat duplicate line is the only thing throwing me off.

Long Live RetroMG, Magnanimous ruler of Gafia

I missed this, can you give me quotes please.

acohrs

I agree, though I think Sexy and AB are the best two so you in particular moving your vote is meh.

Double vote day though I forgot, and enough others are scum reading Sexy Fish so I'm confident that lynch will go ahead, so feck it.

Vote: Absolutbro

Fat4all

Banned
This is what I'm referring to.

what are the chances that both SexyFish and Fat4all saw Faddy's "support"/"humoring" of Lifeline as him using LL as a shield?

I don't really understand Fireblend point here. The chances would be very high that SF would use my wording if they'd read and agreed with my theory. The SF comment was made about two hours after my Faddy theory was posted.

Fireblend

Banned
I don't really understand Fireblend point here. The chances would be very high that SF would use my wording if they'd read and agreed with my theory. The SF comment was made about two hours after my Faddy theory was posted.

Yeah, I agree, and if he had expressed any sort of agreement with you before posting it wouldn't seem like a part of the conversation is missing.

Natiko

Banned
It's a very specific coincidence though. The thought process is why would that exact phrasing pop up between you two? One possibility is you both discussed it in scum chat. Even ignoring that idea, if yours is an original thought and you're town - why does SexyFish end up latching onto the same exact logic? They've bounced around a lot this game and been very wishy washy with their opinions. It would be yet another instance of them not having original thoughts but instead copying someone else. I could see newbie scum doing that, but I could also see inexperienced town with no idea how to approach solving just being swayed repeatedly. If you buy the town argument though I'm just not sure we would see the exact phrasing repeat like that especially in a response not referencing your original post.

Fat4all

Banned
Yeah, I agree, and if he had expressed any sort of agreement with you before posting it wouldn't seem like a part of the conversation is missing.

I don't follow. The only other post they made before that one was a fluff towards Penguin a couple of mins before.

Sorian

Banned

I have to agree with this. People tend to use similar phrasing if they just read something. Did SF post at all in the two hours in between or would this have been him posting after s catch up?

Fireblend

Banned
To elaborate a bit, I believe SexyFish was A) using the same language purposefully because he wanted to seem trustworthy by mimicking someone he thinks is seen as trustworthy or B) was so used to referencing that narrative from somewhere other than this thread (since you were the only one to mention it before) that he just used a word he'd seen or discussed repeatedly.

Fat4all

Banned
To elaborate a bit, I believe SexyFish was A) using the same language purposefully because he wanted to seem trustworthy by mimicking someone he thinks is seen as trustworthy or B) was so used to referencing that narrative from somewhere other than this thread (since you were the only one to mention it before) that he just used a word he'd seen or discussed repeatedly.

In that case, why am I your vote and not SexyFish?

Fat4all

Banned
Also Fire, if you are going to keep your vote on my I think you should do it again unbolded, you had the vote in bold when you originally voted me and I think it's messing with the tally thing a bit.

Fireblend

Banned
Also Fire, if you are going to keep your vote on my I think you should do it again unbolded, you had the vote in bold when you originally voted me and I think it's messing with the tally thing a bit.

Vote: Fat4all

I thought that'd been corrected. Sorry mods!

SexyFish

Banned

You're reading too hard. I was catching up, saw Fat4all's theory and responded along the lines of that. If I knew saying shield would cause this I would have said "meaty defense mechanism".

Natiko

Banned
You're reading too hard. I was catching up, saw Fat4all's theory and responded along the lines of that. If I knew saying shield would cause this I would have said "meaty defense mechanism".
The exchange doesn't make me more or less concerned about Fat, it makes me more concerned about you.

Is there any particular reason a large majority of your contributions are parroting someone else's original thought?

SexyFish

Banned
The exchange doesn't make me more or less concerned about Fat, it makes me more concerned about you.

Is there any particular reason a large majority of your contributions are parroting someone else's original thought?

My first time playing?

75% I have no idea what I'm doing?

Just as a warning, I won't be following this thread closely from now on, because, you know, socalizing on a Friday evening. Might skim occassionally so be sure to point out if something major happens.

Okay now I notice Vere. Funny how his back and forth with Sorian is similar to the one he had with Kyan in gafia 3. Think it's just noise for now.

CCS jumping on a "safe" list is again, reminiscent of gafia 3 and it's still dangerous to think that.

I'm starting to think Faddy is just naturally suspicious regardless of alignment.

I'm going to go ahead and say my top town pick is batsnacks right now.

This claim is ridiculous to make if you're mafia. If you successfully get me lynched and it is revealed that I'm town, you'd bring attention. And while I don't know if you can fire that little pistol or not, I just don't think you're mafia.

That or he's playing 39D Othello.

And with him as top town...

It's like poetry...

This sticks out, probably because it was the first post I read this morning, but it's not hard for scum to tunnel on town and then get off Scot free when the target flips. So I wouldn't change my opinion of bats if SF died.

Faddy

Banned
Okay now I notice Vere. Funny how his back and forth with Sorian is similar to the one he had with Kyan in gafia 3. Think it's just noise for now.

CCS jumping on a "safe" list is again, reminiscent of gafia 3 and it's still dangerous to think that.

I'm starting to think Faddy is just naturally suspicious regardless of alignment.

I'm always suspecting people!

Fireblend, I am not quite sure I understand what you are agreeing with here. fat4all says he doesn't understand you and then you agree with him. Can you elaborate?

Fireblend

Banned
Fireblend, I am not quite sure I understand what you are agreeing with here. fat4all says he doesn't understand you and then you agree with him. Can you elaborate?
I agreed with the facts he stated, didn't change that I still felt like that word was very purposefully borrowed and there were some posts missing in that exchange.

Fireblend

Banned
Did you comment yet on you being the first one to use the word?

Is it supposed to show me how the use of the word is something normal in a mafia game? That's not the point I'm arguing. I'm talking about fat4all suggesting a narrative and then being picked up by SexyFish pretty much verbatim some posts later.

Faddy

Banned
Is it supposed to show me how the use of the word is something normal in a mafia game? That's not the point I'm arguing. I'm talking about fat4all suggesting a narrative and then being picked up by SexyFish pretty much verbatim some posts later.

Do you think that narrative was outlandish or without merit? I saw that kind of thinking coming and went out to be aggressive against it.

Sorian

Banned

No, it's asking if you think the similarities extend to your use of it or not. It's not really a normal phrase in a mafia game.

Fireblend

Banned
No, it's asking if you think the similarities extend to your use of it or not. It's not really a normal phrase in a mafia game.

I'm really not understanding what you want me to answer. I'm sure you'd know what a normal phrase is but it doesn't sound out of place to me. I don't think my use of the phrase is comparable to the scenario I pointed out in my original post because of the timing and the specific scenario reappearing in quick succession without any acknowledgement from SF inbetween. Does that answer your question?

Fireblend

Banned
Do you think that narrative was outlandish or without merit? I saw that kind of thinking coming and went out to be aggressive against it.

I don't think it was without merit, but it's still a hypothetical - without SF's post it would have been another bullet in the chamber for what I perceived to be you tunneling on Faddy.

Fat4all

Banned
maxresdefault.jpg

Sorian

Banned
I'm really not understanding what you want me to answer. I'm sure you'd know what a normal phrase is but it doesn't sound out of place to me. I don't think my use of the phrase is comparable to the scenario I pointed out in my original post because of the timing and the specific scenario reappearing in quick succession without any acknowledgement from SF inbetween. Does that answer your question?

It does, not really much to it and the answer I was expecting, just seems interesting that the original assertion was maybe it was being used in scum chat and then someone pointed out that you were saying the same.

Sorian

Banned
I'd like all the non voters to do something but that's probably asking too much. Also, has Penguin given any input on what he would do in regards to the people up for lynch?

Faddy

Banned
I'd like all the non voters to do something but that's probably asking too much. Also, has Penguin given any input on what he would do in regards to the people up for lynch?

I'm kind of getting a different vibe from this impasse compared to day 1. There at least has been a probing of other options but no votes. People being very cagey imo.

Sorian

Banned
It's weird because the atmosphere is very much locking us into the current vote leaders. I'm an issue here too but people don't seem willing to go to new options.

Faddy

Banned
It's weird because the atmosphere is very much locking us into the current vote leaders. I'm an issue here too but people don't seem willing to go to new options.

If the situation stays the same it will be me and sexyfish that die. You could flip that to me and Dr. Worm just by unvoting and voting for Sexyfish again if you wanted to lightly shake things up.

Sorian

Banned
If the situation stays the same it will be me and sexyfish that die. You could flip that to me and Dr. Worm just by unvoting and voting for Sexyfish again if you wanted to lightly shake things up.

I could but I think SexyFish is much likelier scum than the both of you. I'm still not sure who I think is more viable out of the two of you which is why I'd prefer AB or someone who is in the game but being as inoffensive as possible like Nudull or CCS.

Natiko

Banned
Going to update my reads, but honestly feeling a bit too lazy to do a full re-read for everyone. I've made my stances pretty clear throughout the day though so meh.

Cause that wouldn't be suspicious lol

Faddy

Banned
Going to update my reads, but honestly feeling a bit too lazy to do a full re-read for everyone. I've made my stances pretty clear throughout the day though so meh.

Cause that wouldn't be suspicious lol

You seem very concerned Natiko.

Verelios

I'm back, I see we have Faddy, Sexyfish and Dr.Worm in contention for today. I'll need to go back over the thread to remember how they all acted today, but from what I remember offhand SF was spinning a Web for themselves. I'd need to check though.

Natiko

Banned
You seem very concerned Natiko.
I'm not concerned because we still have two hours before day end and I can't imagine we'll actually hit day end and have this many no votes. There are multiple people I think are scummy in contention as well so overall the situation isn't that bad. Main concern to me is how do we avoid a tie nulling out one of the lynches.

Nudull

Banned
I could but I think SexyFish is much likelier scum than the both of you. I'm still not sure who I think is more viable out of the two of you which is why I'd prefer AB or someone who is in the game but being as inoffensive as possible like Nudull or CCS.

You aren't thinking I may be scum now, do you?

Sorian

Banned
You aren't thinking I may be scum now, do you?

Now?

Was there ever a time where you think I was town reading you?

That said, it is fascinating that I scummoned you right up just by mentioning you. Someone watching from the sidelines is clearly scum.

Mazre

Firstly

it'sfuckingnothing.gif

The Sorian bit was a ruse. I was mostly fishing for reactions and contemplating a bluff play to follow. Only nibbles were acohrs and zipped, who both seemed a little eager to react and not offer much else. Sorian feels slightly off to me though it's not something I can pin down precisely, lacking any hard evidence against him and given his completely flat response I didn't think there was much point in trying for an Ouro-esque play.

It seems the most likely explanation for the second night 1 victim at this point is a serial killer. This is based on the fact that neither of the deceased could have walked into a 'veteran' (kills their visitors in case I'm misremembering) or similar mechanic.

Vig is still a possibility though Bats claims makes that less likely. It is also possible that Bats is lying. And their may not be an SK involved at all if we don't see subsequent extra deaths.

Also there is a surprising dearth of Archer briefcase muffin images.

Top Bottom