• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkham Asylum Mafia |OT| It's time to kill the Bat

Sorian

Banned
Bats claim of not killing anyone? How does that shed light in answering SK or vig? I still don't even know if I'm supposed to be taking Bats seriously on being able to kill or not.

Faddy

Banned
Firstly

it'sfuckingnothing.gif

The Sorian bit was a ruse. I was mostly fishing for reactions and contemplating a bluff play to follow. Only nibbles were acohrs and zipped, who both seemed a little eager to react and not offer much else. Sorian feels slightly off to me though it's not something I can pin down precisely, lacking any hard evidence against him and given his completely flat response I didn't think there was much point in trying for an Ouro-esque play.

It seems the most likely explanation for the second night 1 victim at this point is a serial killer. This is based on the fact that neither of the deceased could have walked into a 'veteran' (kills their visitors in case I'm misremembering) or similar mechanic.

Vig is still a possibility though Bats claims makes that less likely. It is also possible that Bats is lying. And their may not be an SK involved at all if we don't see subsequent extra deaths.

Also there is a surprising dearth of Archer briefcase muffin images.

Your brilliant ruse of asking if Sorian was a serial killer.

What a completely bamboozling play, I am so discombobulated!

Mazre

Secondly

VOTE: Dr. Worm

This is where I ended up at the end of day 1 and my opinion on Dr Worm hasn't significantly improved since then. His attempts to try to pit two other players against each other doesn't sit right, I would expect town to advocate for one of them and then look elsewhere for our secondary lynch. This allows us to explore a greater number of interactions between players than if we simply lynch two players who are arguing, this isn't a sprint it's a marathon.

I read SexyFish as jittery newbie town. But I do understand the votes against him and accept the possibility that he may be scum.

Faddy is a neutral read for me at this point.

DAY 2 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Dr. Worm (5)
Natiko 1100
Faddy 1247
SexyFish 1253
Fat4all 1391
Mazre 1453

Faddy (4)
Flame_AC 937
Timeaisis 996
Zippedpinhead 1174
Nudull 1260

SexyFish (3)
batsnacks 967 1345
acohrs 995 1402
Sorian 1274
Royal_Flush 1294
CCS 1369

Fat4all (2)
Faddy 1038 1247
Fireblend 1278 1416
Dr. Worm 1328
Fireblend 1416

AbsolutBro (1)
Sorian 892 1274
acohrs 1402

batsnacks (1)
Penguin 1190

Flame_AC (0): batsnacks 958 967

MickD (0): SexyFish 970 1110, CCS 1158 1369

Natiko (0): Faddy 918 1038

No active vote for Day 2: AbsolutBro, batsnacks (has previously voted), Lone_Prodigy, MickD, Verelios

Day 2 Postcount: AbsolutBro 20, acohrs 29, batsnacks 46, CCS 16, Dr. Worm 28, Faddy 59, Fat4all 69, Fireblend 26, Flame_AC 28, Lone_Prodigy 7, Mazre 10, MickD 0, Natiko 32, Nudull 11, Penguin 11, Royal_Flush 16, SexyFish 28, Sorian 70, Timeaisis 16, Verelios 32, Zippedpinhead 12

Day 2 ends:
red_1493420400.png

Automated vote tally here

Sorian

Banned
I can't help but notice that Acohrs earlier play was enough to knock SexyFish off contention considering the small amount of votes and volatile environment.

Natiko

Banned
Town

Fireblend - Still a strong town read here. No change from D1.

Royal_Flush - Town. Play seems consistent from past town play I've seen. Pretty solid all around and I don't recall ever being concerned by them thus far.

Verelios - Not sure what the hell was going on earlier but I doubt either you or Sorian would do it as scum since it seemed very..aggravated on each of your parts.

Sorian - Ditto

Flame_AC - I can't imagine Terra suiciding as scum and being a jerk to his teammates. Town.

Lean Town

Zippedpinhead - Your day end D1 was a bit sketchy, but otherwise I've found your play decent. You weren't particularly active in the other game I played with you so that's no surprise. Going to go ahead and lean town. Might be a bit of a gut read though.

MickD - Literally has not posted all day so nothing changed here from D1. Worthless though.

batsnacks - I think your play has been pretty good overall. The weird attempts to force people onto specific votes and the insistence about the whole voucher system..kinda strange. Keeps you at a town lean instead of fully town.

Timeaisis - Your posts generally seem thoughtful and measured. It feels in some respect like you haven't really put as much out there today as you had D1, but still your thoughts seem consistent. Lean town.

Faddy - Leaning closer to town now. Still not impressed by some of the tunneling you've done, but D2 has been a little better as you've continued to prod others after the spat with Fat and not just ignored all else happening while you tunneled away.

Null

Lone_Prodigy - You subbed in and have left literally no impression on me other than it took you a long ass time to catch up.

Penguin - Not enough here to really go one way or the other. If I had to pick I would say lean town, but it's really not even solid enough to go with that. I like that you had some original thoughts and spoke up about batsnacks when if my memory serves me right he had fallen a bit out of discussion. Don't like that you were a bit meager to put the vote down. Null.

Acohrs - Play still doesn't remind me of your scum games, but then again it didn't in the last MU game from you I saw either when it turned out you were scum. Not feeling great either way on you so still a null.

Mazre - Honestly I would still probably lean scum had it not been for your spreadsheet post. Given the consistency with past town games from it you bumped up to null in my mind. Plus I others have popped up that seem scummier now.

Lean Scum

Nudull - Ehhhh. I feel like there's no substance to most of your posts. You pop up at random when mentioned but still don't share much that's noteworthy. Just a strange feeling. Weakest of the list, but gut read lean scum.

CCS - Honestly, the argument Sorian made about why Star would drop out of the game combined with your push for a policy lynch first and foremost rang alarm bells for me. I've also seen you put up far better town games starting at mini maf 3. Did CCS finally roll scum?

AbsolutBro - Still not a fan of your D1 end. Still think your stance on it was scummy when you explained it D2. You've done nothing to make me feel like you're more likely town than scum either day. Lean scum.

Scum

Dr. Worm/fat4all/SexyFish - I feel pretty confident that there's two scum here. Still not entirely sure on who, but as I said before my order of most likely to least is Dr. Worm then fat4all and finally SexyFish. I could see a world where all three are scum but it just seems overly convenient so I doubt that's the case.

I'll ride with my vote to day end unless I need to shift around to try and avoid ties.

Long Live RetroMG, Magnanimous ruler of Gafia

Natiko

Banned
I'm going out to eat with my girlfriend, but I should be around for day end barring I don't get distracted by nachos or something.

Long Live RetroMG, Magnanimous ruler of Gafia

Nudull

Banned
Now?

Was there ever a time where you think I was town reading you?

That said, it is fascinating that I scummoned you right up just by mentioning you. Someone watching from the sidelines is clearly scum.

Would I be so blatant as to deliberately post as little as possible and stay on the sidelines? Come on, now.

Gonna ask a third time, why did you not have a vote yesterday?

Simple enough, I wanted to be careful and see how things go. Considering how the vote turned out, I wouldn't have been able to do much to change it anyway. Now, I have a bit of a better idea of the field so I can make more conscious decisions. Things happened on my end that made me less active than I should have been (and this is the third time I've had to say this now), and that was out of my control.

Faddy

Banned
Hey Batsnacks and achors. You both are town reading me and scum reading sexyfish. Get off your asses and save me.

Didn't seem like worm was trying to de-escalate to me idk

2 hot takes and I'm off

I'll vouch for Faddy, if he's scum come at me. That said he's pending on the list if fat4all/flame_ac/others want to make it happen. No one else on the list, fish, zipped, absolut, has vouchers, so Faddy remains off the list for now.

MickD is town and is awful. No scum does that. This is not similar to people saying terra is town for replacing/self voting. There is precedent for terra doing exactly what he did as mafia, and there was initially effort from him before folding.

I thought he was town at first, then I was giving him a hard time and some of his exchange with fat4all was suspicious but sexyfish and zipped have been #1 and #2 for today.

Double vote day though I forgot, and enough others are scum reading Sexy Fish so I'm confident that lynch will go ahead, so feck it.

Vote: Absolutbro

May not have enough time to go through all this:

- Vere vs Dorian. Manufactured activity? Elaborate bus? It went nowhere and didn't seem to resolve anything. Yes I'm sticking with the autocorrect.

- worm pushed for a wagon and got voted on for it, yet the wagon is still there. He's just also on it. So if he's scummy for that, why is the wagon still there, and if his suspicions have merit, why is he being voted on for it?

- bats turned towards ab and there are others who suspect him. No votes to show for it though.

Sorian

Banned
Would I be so blatant as to deliberately post as little as possible and stay on the sidelines? Come on, now.

Simple enough, I wanted to be careful and see how things go. Considering how the vote turned out, I wouldn't have been able to do much to change it anyway. Now, I have a bit of a better idea of the field so I can make more conscious decisions. Things happened on my end that made me less active than I should have been (and this is the third time I've had to say this now), and that was out of my control.

Yes? Scum hangs back all the time. It's not really that blatant since out of sight, out of mind does really work.

it's getting lonely on this AB lynch train, want to join me Sorian?

Yes but that doesn't solve the issue of letting SexyFish off.

Nudull

Banned
Yes? Scum hangs back all the time. It's not really that blatant since out of sight, out of mind does really work.

Fair enough, same reason I wanted to look over the less active members at the time. All the same, lynching me will do you no good. You need me in this.

Fat4all

Banned
- worm pushed for a wagon and got voted on for it, yet the wagon is still there. He's just also on it. So if he's scummy for that, why is the wagon still there, and if his suspicions have merit, why is he being voted on for it?

Worm got votes on him because of his wagon, but the votes Faddy and myself got don;t seem to be because of Worms wagon attempt. Also, when Worm voted for me he didn't really give a proper reason.

Faddy

Banned
May not have enough time to go through all this:

- Vere vs Dorian. Manufactured activity? Elaborate bus? It went nowhere and didn't seem to resolve anything. Yes I'm sticking with the autocorrect.

- bats turned towards ab and there are others who suspect him. No votes to show for it though.

His vote for Fat isn't all that great, he waited until he was back to zero votes before putting his vote there. Very safe. Firebland has done the exact same thing as yesterday, follow in behind a someone taking a hardline stance. I don't see either in here pushing Fat.

And actually I want to now say I am town reading Fat. We had an argument, everything coming back at me was sensible, no huge exaggerations. I felt good about it.

You know what the real bus is? Natiko bussing Worm. I called it when he posted his worm takedown post.

Other people Iike as scum are Royal_Flush. Just on the periphery of the game but coming out with hugely detailed posts with links and everything. So either he is putting a huge amount of time into a small amount of posts or he is sitting watching the game in the scum thread and choosing when to come and participate here.

Faddy

Banned
Well now you can both learn your lessons in the spectator thread :D

I agree, will switch back to SF later today if AB doesn't pick up traction and SF leaves the top two with 30 mins to go

No spectator thread for me buddy. I'll be on the standby list and using MickD's place to come back and get you!

Ah, apologies if I have missed some posts where you answered me.

Vote: Faddy

not sure I'll be around for the rest of the day. if I'm voted out or die tonight, remember "I got nothing on Sorian". It'll make sense when you see my flip.

Sorian

Banned
I imagine my role would be of some use.

I imagine a lot of roles would be of use in a role madness game.

Ah, apologies if I have missed some posts where you answered me.

Vote: Faddy

not sure I'll be around for the rest of the day. if I'm voted out or die tonight, remember "I got nothing on Sorian". It'll make sense when you see my flip.

The joys of being me on night 1.

SexyFish

Banned
Is it just me or is it weird that SF isn't even defending himself?
I'm at work and most likely won't be here for the final vote rush, but I'm town.

Final thoughts before it is over and I'm probably dead.

Lean Town: Sorian, Batsnacks

Lean Scum: Faddy, Dr. Worm, and CCS(Starsketch).

Wish I could go in more detail,but that's all the time I got. Vote wisely, loves..

Cheers.

Timeaisis

I'm at work and most likely won't be here for the final vote rush, but I'm town.

Final thoughts before it is over and I'm probably dead.

Lean Town: Sorian, Batsnacks

Lean Scum: Faddy, Dr. Worm, and CCS(Starsketch).

Wish I could go in more detail,but that's all the time I got. Vote wisely, loves..

Cheers.

Well, thank you for at least providing that.

Top Bottom