• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkham Asylum Mafia |OT| It's time to kill the Bat

Verelios

These two posts are so weird, as if I committed a crime by pointing out what I did. You might want to read what I said again. I didn't excuse AB for his sidelines vote or even say that he was super town since I'm still voting for him and do think he's scum but to Verelios, what does the climate at the time have to do with anything? You tried to pretend that he was voting for Faddy for non-scum read reasons but that clearly wasn't the case, at all.
Okay, I already went through this pages ago but sure, why not? I didn't pretend he was voting Faddy for non-scum reasons, AB voted Faddy 5 minutes to deadline on a dead vote, which is not scum hunting since there would be no way to turn the vote around at that point. Wrong or right? He sat on the sidelines during the voting process, wrong or right? I personally wasn't convinced by the reasoning he gave, and if you were then that's your choice not mine. So what are you getting at here Sorian? You say you're not defending AB then do you agree with his vote at the time?

Come on

Sorian

Banned
Your vote on Faddy was literally saying he was throwing shade day 1, therefore vote. Not that he's scum, not that he's suspicious, but that he was mostly worthless to town, I'd like to say 20 to 30 minutes to day end, where you're the ONLY vote on him. I don't understand how you can reconcile a vote for him but not for any of the others in contention, where you could probably cook up any number of shitpost/worthless/suspicious allegations instead of standing to the side doing nothing.

Okay, I already went through this pages ago but sure, why not? I didn't pretend he was voting Faddy for non-scum reasons, AB voted Faddy 5 minutes to deadline on a dead vote, which is not scum hunting since there would be no way to turn the vote around at that point. Wrong or right? He sat on the sidelines during the voting process, wrong or right? I personally wasn't convinced by the reasoning he gave, and if you were then that's your choice not mine. So what are you getting at here Sorian? You say you're not defending AB then do you agree with his vote at the time?

Come on

Want to try again?

Do I agree with the timing of his vote? No
Do I agree with the vote itself? It's fine,not really the point though.

I said something because I think you are full of shit, regardless of my current scum read on AB.

Verelios

Want to try again?

Do I agree with the timing of his vote? No
Do I agree with the vote itself? It's fine,not really the point though.

I said something because I think you are full of shit, regardless of my current scum read on AB.
I'm full of shit? What narrative are you trying to create here, how am I full of shit for calling out a dead vote?

Verelios

Vote: Faddy

A lot of his early posts are pure shade throwing. There's the "feud"(?) with Natiko, but not much else. I realize "not much else" is a serious pot/kettle situation. I thought about waiting until next day phase to bring this up, but I'm not big on either current leader so
Fuck off with that Sorian, what part of this am I miscontruing?

Sorian

Banned
I'm full of shit? What narrative are you trying to create here, how am I full of shit for calling out a dead vote?

I like how you ignored the things I bolded. I'm not trying to create a narrative. I scum read you because you've been low impact and that post that I originally quoted was a good example, I agreed with the conclusion but you tried to spin it that AB made a policy vote over a scum hunting vote and that was factually incorrect just from using your own analysis of the situation.

Penguin

Oh, really? Care to elaborate further on this?

Well I think folks smell blood in the water and are simply riding the wave to get someone who is putting themselves out there voted out.

I'm imagining it won't be the early votes, but some in the middle if he proves to be innocent that are scum

Sorian

Banned
Well I think folks smell blood in the water and are simply riding the wave to get someone who is putting themselves out there voted out.

I'm imagining it won't be the early votes, but some in the middle if he proves to be innocent that are scum

This logic never makes sense. There is nothing stopping scum voting for their own. It's called bussing.

Verelios

I like how you ignored the things I bolded. I'm not trying to create a narrative. I scum read you because you've been low impact and that post that I originally quoted was a good example, I agreed with the conclusion but you tried to spin it that AB made a policy vote over a scum hunting vote and that was factually incorrect just from using your own analysis of the situation.
????

?????????

What? 5 minutes to day end can be seen as as scum hunting and not a policy vote? If you want to defend AB then fine, but don't use fallacious arguments like this that can be easily disproven. AB even posts that it was likely he'd be scum read if he didn't put a vote down by day end, and it just so happened to be someone no one else voted for that day.

So yes, you're quite literally trying to create a narrative because as said above, that's what happened. I know you've read through the pages prior, and I know you're literate so this leaves me asking what stakes you have with AB that you'd go through with misinformation.

Faddy

Banned
This logic never makes sense. There is nothing stopping scum voting for their own. It's called bussing.

A day 2 bus? That seems very risky especially with a double lynch. If I'm being bussed by scummates there is huge risk that a second scum member also gets caught up in a lynch. It makes little sense as a strategy.

Sorian

Banned
????

?????????

What? 5 minutes to day end can be seen as as scum hunting and not a policy vote? If you want to defend AB then fine, but don't use fallacious arguments like this that can be easily disproven. AB even posts that it was likely he'd be scum read if he didn't put a vote down by day end, and it just so happened to be someone no one else voted for that day.

So yes, you're quite literally trying to create a narrative because as said above, that's what happened. I know you've read through the pages prior, and I know you're literate so this leaves me asking what stakes you have with AB that you'd go through with misinformation.

What does the timing of the vote have to do with what we are talking about? If I had stayed off wagon yesterday and kept my vote on batsnacks, would you have called that a policy vote or a scum hunting vote?

A day 2 bus? That seems very risky especially with a double lynch. If I'm being bussed by scummates there is huge risk that a second scum member also gets caught up in a lynch. It makes little sense as a strategy.

Is a day 2 bus more or less risky than a day 1 bus? Because I've found the day 1 bus to be quite a lucrative strategy.

franconp

Day 2 votes

absolutbro (0)
sorian 892 (1274)

natiko (0)
faddy 918 (1038)

faddy (4)
flame_ac 937
timeaisis 996
zippedpinhead 1174
nudull 1260

flame_ac (0)
batsnacks 958 (967)

sexyfish (4)
batsnacks 967
acohrs 995
sorian 1274
royal_flush 1294

mickd (1)
sexyfish 970 (1110)
ccs 1158

fat4all (0)
faddy 1038 (1247)

dr. worm (3)
natiko 1100
faddy 1247
sexyfish 1253

batsnacks (1)
penguin 1190

fat4all</b> (1)
fireblend 1278

PD: Fireblend please make your vote again without bolding so the automatic tally can count the vote correctly.

You know who else would think hopping on either train is bad? Scum. Why pick one town over another as scum and later have to worry about justifying it when you can just sit on the sidelines and let us kill each other.
Yes, because standing on the side lines and attracting attention is exactly what scum want to do. It's working out oh so well for me. Truly. If I wanted to hide somewhere not among the two vote leaders, I would have picked one of the secondary leaders. Ya know, the thing Verelios is on me for not doing?

franconp

Post this phase:

Flame_AC 27
MickD 0
Fat4all 60
CCS 11
Verelios 24
AbsolutBro 13
Penguin 11
Royal_Flush 13
Dr. Worm 26
Faddy 44
Timeaisis 11
Nudull 9
SexyFish 22
batsnacks 38
Fireblend 16
Lone_Prodigy 1
acohrs 25
Mazre 7
Zippedpinhead 10
Sorian 42
Natiko 22

Verelios

What does the timing of the vote have to do with what we are talking about? If I had stayed off wagon yesterday and kept my vote on batsnacks, would you have called that a policy vote or a scum hunting vote?
I wouldn't care since by that point you'd have a reasonable reason for voting them. Have I called out anyone else that stayed off? No? Then yes, to me the time does matter because at that point it's obvious who is viable and who is not, while AB purposefully chose a dead vote at day end.

And if you're okay with people throwing away votes at day end on whatever and staying away from certain lynches I really have to wonder what interests you have in scum hunting. Most of our information is gleamed from that, so why do you want to hamper that? You say the timing of the vote doesn't matter, then when does it? You say I misrepresented what AB said, I posted his vote just above, go look and get back to me.

Faddy

Banned

Is a day 2 bus more or less risky than a day 1 bus? Because I've found the day 1 bus to be quite a lucrative strategy.

Both seem very risky to me.

If I am being bussed who would you say is in the best position to benefit?

You say I misrepresented what AB said, I posted his vote just above, go look and get back to me.

I can speak for myself here. Your two statements that conflict are these, pared down to the exact two sentences that are in opposition.

I didn't pretend he was voting Faddy for non-scum reasons
Your vote on Faddy was literally saying he was throwing shade day 1, therefore vote. Not that he's scum, not that he's suspicious,

Emphasis mine.

I really do not understand the issue that you and several others have with my voting off leaders. My voting on train could not have made a difference in the outcome given Lifeline won by two votes. I threw my vote on Faddy because I wanted to address his behaviour but didn't have time for a full rundown. That way if/when I went into it today I wouldn't have to deal with "why didn't you say anything yesterday" or some other accusatory crap that makes people not want to post.

Faddy

Banned
I can speak for myself here. Your two statements that conflict are these, pared down to the exact two sentences that are in opposition.

Emphasis mine.

I really do not understand the issue that you and several others have with my voting off leaders. My voting on train could not have made a difference in the outcome given Lifeline won by two votes. I threw my vote on Faddy because I wanted to address his behaviour but didn't have time for a full rundown. That way if/when I went into it today I wouldn't have to deal with "why didn't you say anything yesterday" or some other accusatory crap that makes people not want to post.

Considering most of your examples of my suspicious posts were from the first 24 hours of the game you had plenty to raise these issues on day 1 before putting down your late vote.

Considering most of your examples of my suspicious posts were from the first 24 hours of the game you had plenty to raise these issues on day 1 before putting down your late vote.

You assume that I noticed by then, or had plenty of time to post before day end. There's a reason I asked for the "who posted" link 30 minutes before day end. I was reviewing certain posts.

Sorian

Banned
I wouldn't care since by that point you'd have a reasonable reason for voting them. Have I called out anyone else that stayed off? No? Then yes, to me the time does matter because at that point it's obvious who is viable and who is not, while AB purposefully chose a dead vote at day end.

And if you're okay with people throwing away votes at day end on whatever and staying away from certain lynches I really have to wonder what interests you have in scum hunting. Most of our information is gleamed from that, so why do you want to hamper that? You say the timing of the vote doesn't matter, then when does it? You say I misrepresented what AB said, I posted his vote just above, go look and get back to me.

No where in his post does it look like he is voting for what he thinks is "worthless town" as you've asserted from the start.

Also, everyone not Kalor, Lifeline, or Terra was viable at that point. I recall one other person also going off vote near the end who I haven't seen brought up (so much so that I'm blanking who it is). No one said I'm ok with throwing away votes, I'm obviously against it since I was the only one who tried to do something about it at day end but no matter how much you scream about that, it doesn't change what my issue was in what you brought up and it has nothing to do with the timing.

Both seem very risky to me.

If I am being bussed who would you say is in the best position to benefit?

I havent considered you being biased so I have no clue, there's not even enough heat on you yet so I don't know why Penguin even went out of his way to say you're probably town since everyone is on you.

Verelios

Emphasis mine.

How is that a conflict? I didn't pretend you were voting Faddy because of non scum reasons, your post literally has a line saying he was throwing shade and nowhere that you thought he was scum or was doing something scummy. And again, I have no problem with you voting off train, other's have done it too, but you did yours very, very close to deadline making it more ornamental than useful.

Verelios

No where in his post does it look like he is voting for what he thinks is "worthless town" as you've asserted from the start.
You're being willfully difficult now Sorian
Vote: Faddy

A lot of his early posts are pure shade throwing. There's the "feud"(?) with Natiko, but not much else. I realize "not much else" is a serious pot/kettle situation. I thought about waiting until next day phase to bring this up, but I'm not big on either current leader so
This is what AB said verbatim for his vote. Note, 'a lot of his early posts are pure shade, there's the feud with Natiko, but not much else' which is what I would correlate to worthless no? This is what I'm going on at this point.
Also, everyone not Kalor, Lifeline, or Terra was viable at that point. I recall one other person also going off vote near the end who I haven't seen brought up (so much so that I'm blanking who it is). No one said I'm ok with throwing away votes, I'm obviously against it since I was the only one who tried to do something about it at day end but no matter how much you scream about that, it doesn't change what my issue was in what you brought up and it has nothing to do with the timing.
I have almost no idea what you're saying here, but I'll try and parse this. I think you mean everyone was able to be voted on, but whatever. So, I didn't scream about this, I mentioned that I disliked AB voting towards the end of the day off wagon and you blew up for some reason. Later tonight, you once again wanted to return to this point as you believe I have some grudge(?) or chip on my shoulder making me express my opinion, to which I went over what I had already went over with AB that...you're apparently not content with. Okay, once again I told you my problem was entirely about the timing of the vote, I don't know what your issue is. Why don't you tell me what your problem is and we can stop going over the same points. Seriously, bullet point them.

Natiko

Banned

Emphasis mine.

That's really not an accurate representation of day end. I only voted Lifeline instead of Terra to avoid a tie. Had I stayed where I was at then it would have been a no lynch. Your vote would have been very meaningful in that moment had I not been mindful enough to swap.

Long Live RetroMG, Magnanimous ruler of Gafia

Sorian

Banned
Whil I have service for a sec since I see I wrote that wrong, it should obviously say only Kalor, Lifeline, and Terra were viable. Shouldn't have been hard to figure out but whatever.

Dr. Worm

Banned
You have been pushing this agenda all day that only me or fat is a viable lynch. You are clearly trying to shut down discussion on other targets.

checking back just now and wow, Faddy, of all players, is accusing me of tunneling

I don't know what's richer, this or fat4all accusing me of shitposting

Dr. Worm

Banned
Vote: fat4all

while I'm okay with the SexyFish train, I have a couple of (admittedly weird) quibbles holding me back

first, I don't know if I trust batsnacks enough to follow his tunnel two days in a row

second, moreso than the other trains, I get the sense that he'll be lynched sooner or later if not lynched or killed, so I don't feel urgency

DAY 2 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Faddy (4)
Flame_AC 937
Timeaisis 996
Zippedpinhead 1174
Nudull 1260

SexyFish (4)
batsnacks 967
acohrs 995
Sorian 1274
Royal_Flush 1294

Dr. Worm (3)
Natiko 1100
Faddy 1247
SexyFish 1253

Fat4all (2)
Faddy 1038 1247
Fireblend 1278
Dr. Worm 1328

MickD (1)
SexyFish 970 1110
CCS 1158

batsnacks (1)
Penguin 1190

Flame_AC (0): batsnacks 958 967

AbsolutBro (0): Sorian 892 1274

Natiko (0): Faddy 918 1038

No active vote for Day 2: AbsolutBro, Fat4all, Lone_Prodigy, Mazre, MickD, Verelios

Day 2 Postcount: AbsolutBro 16, acohrs 25, batsnacks 38, CCS 11, Dr. Worm 28, Faddy 46, Fat4all 59, Fireblend 16, Flame_AC 27, Lone_Prodigy 1, Mazre 7, MickD 0, Natiko 23, Nudull 9, Penguin 11, Royal_Flush 13, SexyFish 22, Sorian 44, Timeaisis 11, Verelios 27, Zippedpinhead 10

Day 2 ends:
red_1493420400.png

Automated vote tally here

Skimmed through D1. Seemed like the usual D1. A few votes moved off Kalor as the day progressed. Terra seemed like the easy target?

Lifeline wagon was strange. Didn't seem like much there and then a small push and he's leading the vote count. But it's D1.

On page 11, people going after each other.

Page 12, game takes a step back with fluff posts.

Going to skim through the rest and see if there's anything important, then tackle this again in the morning.

That took way too long, but it's not like anyone else is around.

Looking at the player list and post count, I would look at those in the middle: not in the fray, but staying relevant. So AB, acohrs, CCS (late start though), Fireblend, Mazre, Nudull, Penguin, Flush, SF, Time, Zipped. I'll throw in Verelios since I haven't really noticed him.

SexyFish

Banned
I'm going to go ahead and say my top town pick is batsnacks right now.

I can walk through again why SexyFish is basically 100% for sure mafia

This claim is ridiculous to make if you're mafia. If you successfully get me lynched and it is revealed that I'm town, you'd bring attention. And while I don't know if you can fire that little pistol or not, I just don't think you're mafia.

That or he's playing 39D Othello.

And with him as top town...
Hell yeah SexyFish top town
It's like poetry...

Skimmed through D1. Seemed like the usual D1. A few votes moved off Kalor as the day progressed. Terra seemed like the easy target?

Lifeline wagon was strange. Didn't seem like much there and then a small push and he's leading the vote count. But it's D1.

On page 11, people going after each other.

Page 12, game takes a step back with fluff posts.

Going to skim through the rest and see if there's anything important, then tackle this again in the morning.

Looking at the player list and post count, I would look at those in the middle: not in the fray, but staying relevant. So AB, acohrs, CCS (late start though), Fireblend, Mazre, Nudull, Penguin, Flush, SF, Time, Zipped. I'll throw in Verelios since I haven't really noticed him.
Not good enough. Top Scum?

Also "that took way too long" 10 minutes after "will skim through the remaining 15 pages"?

Sorian

Banned
Also, is Mazre usually this low on contributions?

In Vampire they died day 4 and had made around 30 posts.

Dunno bout other games.

This is the norm, yes.

You just called out like 60% of the game and basically said "scum in here"

Sorian

Banned
Now that I'm not on mobile and have less chance of spelling errors, let's tackle this dense garbage that is trying my patience at this point.

You're being willfully difficult now Sorian

This is what AB said verbatim for his vote. Note, 'a lot of his early posts are pure shade, there's the feud with Natiko, but not much else' which is what I would correlate to worthless no? This is what I'm going on at this point.

I have almost no idea what you're saying here, but I'll try and parse this. I think you mean everyone was able to be voted on, but whatever. So, I didn't scream about this, I mentioned that I disliked AB voting towards the end of the day off wagon and you blew up for some reason. Later tonight, you once again wanted to return to this point as you believe I have some grudge(?) or chip on my shoulder making me express my opinion, to which I went over what I had already went over with AB that...you're apparently not content with. Okay, once again I told you my problem was entirely about the timing of the vote, I don't know what your issue is. Why don't you tell me what your problem is and we can stop going over the same points. Seriously, bullet point them.

No, I don't correlate that to worthless. I correlate that to calling him scummy because as I said when this whole thing started, that is one of the easiest scum tells to spot. Throwing shade with no intention behind it isn't worthless because you are still pointing out errors. The issue is in the lack of desire to follow through usually because the person is either a teammate or because you don't care about the result. So it's easy to arm chair in the moment and then drop the point minutes later, but, again, this is 101 stuff,I shouldn't have to explain this.

Point two, you keep returning to the timing of the vote. Great. Except I never said I had an issue with the timing which is why arguing with me about it is an exercise in futility. I agree with you that he shouldn't have been off wagon, I've never said otherwise but in a world where people think differently, being off wagon is still a perfectly viable thing that town members do. So the question is, was he doing this as a townie or mafia? Which leads to the logic of the vote. Was he phoning it in or actually pointing something out. You'd have us believe that he was phoning it in. Evidenced by the fact that you told us that he was trying to policy lynch worthless town and not scum hunt except you then spend the next page pretending you never said that for reasons unknown.

Which brings me back to my original assertion. I started this whole conversation because you are full of shit.

Sorian

Banned
I went back to iso Faddy and for funsies, noticed this post and decided to quote it:

Is that *Splinter read a slip. He has been away from the thread but not to any real significant extent. Why did you think he was busy IRL and not just being lazy?

Actually makes me pause a second. Again, still working on the assumption that scum killed Splinter, Faddy doesn't do that if he pointed this out with any real intention of getting Natiko lynched. So either Faddy and Natiko are scum together, scum Faddy doesn't actually care about following through on a lynch, or Faddy is just town.

Also, this post was right below and I'll give Lifeline props for name claiming on day 1:

I think you misread something, Terra has been on my town list before he changed his vote and from when he was still voting against me. My reasoning was Mafia wouldn't have made a risky play like voting against me right after the first acorns debacle.

Also the rest of your post reads like a crazy conspiracy theory. You have a bunch of connections, but no goal. If Terra and I am mafia, what exactly would our goal be here by making a play like that?

I wait in anticipation

ventriloquist.jpg

--------

That said,doing that for all of a minute and I forgot how much I hate isoing players and I'll just say that my issue with Faddy being too agreeable to me has been a lot of in the moment interactions that I'm either not noticing now while scrolling through or just weren't a huge deal to begin with so meh, whatever is my stance there.

Verelios

Now that I'm not on mobile and have less chance of spelling errors, let's tackle this dense garbage that is trying my patience at this point.

No, I don't correlate that to worthless. I correlate that to calling him scummy because as I said when this whole thing started, that is one of the easiest scum tells to spot. Throwing shade with no intention behind it isn't worthless because you are still pointing out errors. The issue is in the lack of desire to follow through usually because the person is either a teammate or because you don't care about the result. So it's easy to arm chair in the moment and then drop the point minutes later, but, again, this is 101 stuff,I shouldn't have to explain this.

Point two, you keep returning to the timing of the vote. Great. Except I never said I had an issue with the timing which is why arguing with me about it is an exercise in futility. I agree with you that he shouldn't have been off wagon, I've never said otherwise but in a world where people think differently, being off wagon is still a perfectly viable thing that town members do. So the question is, was he doing this as a townie or mafia? Which leads to the logic of the vote. Was he phoning it in or actually pointing something out. You'd have us believe that he was phoning it in. Evidenced by the fact that you told us that he was trying to policy lynch worthless town and not scum hunt except you then spend the next page pretending you never said that for reasons unknown.

Which brings me back to my original assertion. I started this whole conversation because you are full of shit.
Since you know this is garbage, good job picking it up. Firstly, how am I full of shit. You keep on returning to that as if it refutes everything I said so:

*I said his vote before day end was contrived.
I said that 5 minutes before wasn't scum hunting
*I said I wasn't pretending he was voting for non-scum reasons, which I still agree with no matter how much you force your 101 bullshit down my throat, because I do believe he voted for policy reasons, no reason to pretend
*Pony the fuck up or go home at this point Sorian, I've been laying down exactly what I said, it's on this page, and I've never pretended never to say it. You're full of shit at this point, and if you're not trying to obscure AB then I'm really wondering what you're doing here.
*Quote me where I'm full of shit

batsnacks

Uhh I might need to think about this more I might be lynching someone else today, maybe AB.

That argument between verelios and sorian ain't right. I don't know if it's dumb pride or whatever but something's not sincere.

batsnacks

Tentatively saying yeah lynch AB though

AB voted faddy 5 min before day end, AB didn't push faddy today. If the intention of his vote at day end was to communicate who he thought was mafia, he would have pushed faddy today. No vote from AB today.

Verelios is right and sorian is being weird and defensive

Mazre

Off to work, will try to work out a vote by lunch and post then. Other than that won't be around till about 2.5 hrs before deadline.

Sorian, are you a serial killer?

batsnacks

I have this bad habit of posting as I'm thinking. I actually still don't know, SexyFish is still worse than what I just pointed out.

The argument sucks I'll leave it at that for right now

Top Bottom