• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asian-GAF: We're all the same, like Stormtroopers |OT| |AT|

Still have to watch the BvS extended cut but I can't force myself through the movie again.

Also..... The Hmong folks here sure are upset about Pacman's latest loss, lol. There goes dat Asian Pride coming in :p The fight could have either way imo.

Poorly taken food pics incoming:

OMqwBtL.jpg

Izuna

Banned
I can't imagine what Prawns and Matcha would taste like together :s

--

Oh, backslashbunny, if you still have access to your 23andme did you ever check the other options they have on the website? You said it noted +99% Chinese, but it defaults 50% certainty.

Izuna

Banned
Actually no. Can you walk me through the steps of how to access it? haha

Ugh the new layout is a pain

qbETRp0.png

I asked them about this because they got Jamaican heritage so wrong and they basically said that it will try its best to fill up to 99.9% otherwise. The rest is because they don't have data for certain areas.

EDIT: Unsure if you found it :D

zeemumu

Watch out.

There's a lot of legislation over your kids if you're recognized to be Native American.

It's actually a huge deal if this is true.

http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswi...e-Court-Sides-With-Adoptive-Family-In-Dispute

The Supreme Court case is Baby Girl v. Adoptive Couple. I think the ruling turned out okay but the background of the story is fucking crazy.

It's such a big deal that when I did my egg donations, each contract specifically had a section dealing with whether or not I was Native American and claimed any tribes.

I wouldn't worry about it. Last time I checked on stuff like this I didn't actually have enough Native American blood in me to be considered Native American from a legal standpoint. Plus you have to put in a claim and the tribes have to approve you

Izuna

Banned
Watch out.

There's a lot of legislation over your kids if you're recognized to be Native American.

It's actually a huge deal if this is true.

http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswi...e-Court-Sides-With-Adoptive-Family-In-Dispute

The Supreme Court case is Baby Girl v. Adoptive Couple. I think the ruling turned out okay but the background of the story is fucking crazy.

It's such a big deal that when I did my egg donations, each contract specifically had a section dealing with whether or not I was Native American and claimed any tribes.

Wait a second, Bunny eggs?

0RuKeE4.gif

zeemumu

Wait a second, Bunny eggs?

0RuKeE4.gif

Thing is, Bunny is actually Ostara, goddess of spring, fertility, Easter, etc. Every Easter she sends bunnies to hide her eggs in the wild, and when a kid wants a younger sibling, they find the eggs and give them to their parents. And that's where babies come from

Izuna

Banned
Thing is, Bunny is actually Ostara, goddess of spring, fertility, Easter, etc. Every Easter she sends bunnies to hide her eggs in the wild, and when a kid wants a younger sibling, they find the eggs and give them to their parents. And that's where babies come from

so what you're telling me is

she poops chocolate

I hope not. She gave me fancy chocolate for Christmas

My dude..... We need to talk. That chocolate you thought you ate? I'm afraid to tell you that it was chocolate, but of a different kind. I'll just put this out there: it was poop. Shit. Doodoo. Mudbutts. Poo. Crap. The stuff that comes out of your anus.

I don't know who might be familiar with this, but KCSI Channel 18 in LA stopped broadcasting its international content over the weekend.

For more than 30 years, Channel 18 served as a TV United Nations in a city of immigrants desperate for programming in their own languages. The station broadcast an eclectic mix of shows that covered news and topics such as music, sports, travel and religion.

At various times, it offered content in 14 Asian languages, including Japanese, Vietnamese and Tagalog, along with Spanish, Hindi, Arabic, Armenian, Persian, Hebrew, French, German, Hungarian, Italian and Russian.

But this multiethnic quilt is coming to an end Saturday, when Channel 18 switches formats and begins broadcasting info commercials in English.

Officials have said little publicly about the reasons for the change. The station has struggled in recent years, filing for bankruptcy in 2012.
I guess there's still Channel 62.

I'm hoping Steven Yeun gets to be Nightwing. It probably won't happen, but it'll be sick to see him fighting and shit lol. At least we got Ludi Lin as Murk!

A little thought from my mind since I don't post in the DCEU thread (lurks instead) and they were talking about the Bat family.

SRG01

I'm hoping Steven Yeun gets to be Nightwing. It probably won't happen, but it'll be sick to see him fighting and shit lol. At least we got Ludi Lin as Murk!

A little thought from my mind since I don't post in the DCEU thread (lurks instead) and they were talking about the Bat family.

Yeah, I read the Vulture article too. A lot of it hits quite close to home -- especially about the experiences of Asian kids growing up.

I've been lurking that thread and enjoying the conversation (when it's had). I have nothing to offer since, well, plenty of y'all have said what I wanted to say but smarter and more nuanced, lol.

Moonkid

No, but tangentially related, I was very pleasantly surprised that almost the entire cast of Spider-Man Homecoming consisted of minorities.
Oh for sure, saw that the other day as well. I thought it shined outside the main cast especially. I'm pretty attentive with films and I immediately noticed how the frame virtually always included some racial diversity in the crowd - as it bloody well should. It was a great step in the right direction and I'm glad they went out of their way to give one-bit roles to whoever too.

hirokazu

Anyone here seen Okja yet? I caught it last night and while I never watched TWD, it was still cool seeing Steven Yeun.
Saw it a couple weeks ago at a film festival. Quite enjoyed it and I did like seeing Steven in the film. He was actually in attendance though he didn't say too much during the Q&A, but he seems like a cool guy from the Vulture interview a couple days ago.

EDIT: Also I've just realised my brain has been reading his surname as Yuen automatically to much confusion. Why, I'll never know, bu it all makes sense now.

Izuna

Banned
Is Spiderman Homecoming a good film? I'm not a big Spiderman fan and I suffer from superhero fatigue, but if it is Captain America quality I might watch it.

Is Spiderman Homecoming a good film? I'm not a big Spiderman fan and I suffer from superhero fatigue, but if it is Captain America quality I might watch it.
Yes. Very much so, especially if you like Spidey.

HOWEVER, it doesn't really deviate that far from superhero (or even Spider-Man) movies in terms of plot, so be aware of that if you already have superhero fatigue.

Also refreshing:
no Osbornes, no Gwen, and no Mary Jane.

Izuna

Banned
Yes. Very much so, especially if you like Spidey.

HOWEVER, it doesn't really deviate that far from superhero (or even Spider-Man) movies in terms of plot, so be aware of that if you already have superhero fatigue.

Also refreshing:
no Osbornes, no Gwen, and no Mary Jane.

Oh cool, thanks. 😎

Moonkid

Saw it a couple weeks ago at a film festival. Quite enjoyed it and I did like seeing Steven in the film. He was actually in attendance though he didn't say too much during the Q&A, but he seems like a cool guy from the Vulture interview a couple days ago.

EDIT: Also I've just realised my brain has been reading his surname as Yuen automatically to much confusion. Why, I'll never know, bu it all makes sense now.
There's a film festival on soon here but I was disappointed to see it wasn't available especially since his past two films had a showing (Snowpiercer, Mother). I got a good impression of him from Conan's show lol, like when they go to Korea.

zeemumu

I'm probably gonna be fine with whatever. I'm off on Friday and I'll be at D23 Saturday and Sunday for most of the day.

Did you guy want to hang out in Downtown Disney or somewhere else?

Top Bottom