• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed 3 live streaming today at 5 PM EST

edgefusion

Sweet! Really looking forward to this. Anyone know what time 5 EST is for the UK though? I'm utterly hopeless at decoding timezones.

eXistor

Does anyone care about this game?

I don't see the appeal myself (I tried part 1 and 2 and I've rarely played more repetitive game than those two). But Assassin's Creed is freaking HUGE, so I guess there's more than enough people that get excited fo this. I just don't like games where the game does most of the work for you. If I want to climb a building I want to feel like I'm climbing it. I don't want my character doing all these impressive feats while all the player did is press the analogue stick forward.

That said, Assassin's Creed III at least seems more interesting than the others if only for the inclusion of tree climbing and canoeing.

MattDoza

Livestream of what? Chat about the game? Developer Q&A? Or will we actually get to see ACIII?

I really only care to tune in, if it's the latter.

jett

D-Member
Will it really be gameplay or just bullshit live commentary nobody's gonna give a flying fuck about like what G4TV did when they claimed they were gonna show gameplay?

OP is seriously lacking in information.

CrazyDude

Will it really be gameplay or just bullshit live commentary like what G4TV did when they claimed they were gonna show gameplay?

It's been confirmed there will gameplay at PAX.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/03/28/assassin-39-s-creed-iii-headed-to-pax-east.aspx

Assassin's Creed III won't be playable, but Ubisoft is giving a live gameplay demonstration at the publisher's booths at 824 and 836 at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center April 6-8.

S1kkZ

Will it really be gameplay or just bullshit live commentary nobody's gonna give a flying fuck about like what G4TV did when they claimed they were gonna show gameplay?

OP is seriously lacking in information.

you know the answer. i really doubt they will show gameplay before e3.

They'll show gameplay before E3 if they are afraid of news of their game being swallowed whole by next gen hardware/games (at the very least Wii U). It why MS jumped the gun early on Halo 4 IMO.

I wasn’t able to make it to PAXEast this year glad to see one of the games I would have spent all day waiting in line for I can see it played later at home.

He also did the exact same thing in the Halo 4 thread.

paul_newman.jpg

salromano

OP, I don't think Ubi is live-streaming the Assassin's Creed III gameplay.

The Game Informer link you provide doesn't say anything about a stream, just about a live gameplay demonstration given at the booth. Which is true, as Ubisoft said in a press release on March 22 that "an exclusive first look at Assassin’s Creed III gameplay footage will be shown in a fully-enclosed theater at the booth."

That FragDolls stream description says, "We will be live from PAX East this weekend so stay tuned for dev Q&A's and videos of our biggest games this year!"

Doesn't exactly mention streaming gameplay from an enclosed theater.

I don't think a stream of the gameplay is happening. It's possible, sure. But nothing from the GI link suggested they were live streaming it online.

CrazyDude

OP, I don't think Ubi is live-streaming the Assassin's Creed III gameplay.

The Game Informer link you provide doesn't say anything about a stream, just about a live gameplay demonstration given at the booth. Which is true, as Ubisoft said in a press release on March 22 that "an exclusive first look at Assassin’s Creed III gameplay footage will be shown in a fully-enclosed theater at the booth."

That FragDolls stream description says, "We will be live from PAX East this weekend so stay tuned for dev Q&A's and videos of our biggest games this year!"

Doesn't exactly mention streaming gameplay from an enclosed theater.

I don't think a stream of the gameplay is happening. It's possible, sure. But nothing from the GI link suggested they were live streaming it online.

Frag dolls blog says this

This year, the Frag Dolls are hosting a livestream from PAX East every day at 5 PM Eastern. We'll be showing off Assassin's Creed 3, Far Cry 3, and Ghost Recon Future Soldier and joining us will be members of teams that help bring the games into realization! Be sure to tune in as we'll be soliciting questions from the audience and you'll be able to chat with us and fellow gamers live.

http://www.fragdolls.com/index.php/blogs/detail/category/pixxel/frag_dolls_live_from_pax_east_2012#ac3

Weird wording if it's just a Q and A.

Top Bottom