• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland |OT| Shin Rorona Tensei

Yeah, Cordelia is fine. She's so damn transparent about her feelings its kinda hard to take anything negative she says seriously.

Though really, every character is super likeable. Except Meredith i guess

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Damn last year with 60 days to go and everything I want to do is done. Get a random event and game locks up...

Edit: Luckily I was an OCD saver and only lost 20 minutes.

ohlawd

I'd love to tell everyone when Sterk's costume is unlocked but I don't know :/

srsly I have all these costumes and iunno where I got them from.

what the fuck

Cordelia is a top tier character
(Sad?) Thing is, ever since the Arland trilogy started, once you get your members higher-end weapons with +elements and absorb attached basically anyone can function as heavy damage. You can have someone 30 levels behind the others in the group and they'll still be extremely functional. At least Cordelia's level-up animation where she punches the air is cute.

Except Iksel. God he's awful.
And Linca in the new trilogy. She's just awesome.
Well, and Masked G, but that doesn't actually count.

ohlawd

I wasn't talking about her effectiveness in combat.

I adore Cordy. Tsundere princess archetypes are arguably my favorite.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
If I don't care about the other endings is there any real point to replaying the game again? Or should I just move on to Totori and Meruru?

Edit: Guess I got the Astrid ending?

Astrid leaves town and decides to start up her own workshop leaving Rorona with the Atelier

Edit 2: Nvm, Cordelia, Etsy and Sterk's ending unlocked.

Poor Etsy, she deserves so much more. I guess with this trophy sync bug I won't bother getting platinum since it wouldn't show up anyways. Ah well, off to Totori!

ohlawd

feel free to start on Totori then. You don't want to do overtime?

Astrid leaves no matter what you do. Gotta trigger every member's flag then pick her unique option at the end

edit: heh I'm late

How does Overtime work anyways? Do they just give you a full year to mess around while trying to make the Dragon Hourglass? Or does it end once you've made a high enough quality one?

Also,
how to overtime beach scene? :3

ohlawd

How does Overtime work anyways? Do they just give you a full year to mess around while trying to make the Dragon Hourglass? Or does it end once you've made a high enough quality one?

Also,
how to overtime beach scene? :3
yes, one full year to make a single item

there's more to it. I'll leave it at that.

nothing to it. if you triggered the beach scene in the maingame, you'll trigger Esty's beach scene too. Happens a bit after the middle of the year

Pancakes

feel free to start on Totori then. You don't want to do overtime?

Astrid leaves no matter what you do. Gotta trigger every member's flag then pick her unique option at the end

edit: heh I'm late

I mean, I started it up and I met Totori and Meruru, but it seems like something thrown in for people who have already beaten the other 2 games. I would probably miss a lot of the references that would go on between those 2 once they're in your group.

Vylash

I mean, I started it up and I met Totori and Meruru, but it seems like something thrown in for people who have already beaten the other 2 games. I would probably miss a lot of the references that would go on between those 2 once they're in your group.

There aren't really references, but it's mainly fanservice for people who have already finished the trilogy

ohlawd

yeah the entire thing is a missed opportunity.

that said, finishing the other two then coming back for overtime is okay

Gio has an okay ass lol
He doesn't even appear in the bath scene though. :/

Sterk is okay too, (he looks better in Rorona+) but almost all the guys in Meruru, especially in that CG, look extremely malnourished. And there's a certain flat "thing" that appears that I'm not sure in what universe anyone would find that attractive.

Hagel saved that ending from being a total disaster.

Well, I am not ready for overtime at all it seems. Getting absolutely destroyed and running out of material. Oh well. Time to suicide, burn the clock, watch whatever "run out of overtime" ending there is, and then restart on NG+.

Vylash

Well, I am not ready for overtime at all it seems. Getting absolutely destroyed and running out of material. Oh well. Time to suicide, burn the clock, watch whatever "run out of overtime" ending there is, and then restart on NG+.

dude, overtime is literally "you have an extra year to get better equipment" use it

ohlawd

get to farming

get a tonic with maxed out effects (item quality+, etc), register to Tiff, farm the first level of the Tower. equip a Bunny Tail with its highest effects as well

just stack traits that make sense on your equipment; attack on your weapon, def and hp on armor, stats all and speed on accessories.

same with your items. I rolled with two types of Meteors until I got access to some uber shit lol; one for swarms, the other for bosses. For Elixirs, I just put on Spiritflower Energy (from Dunkelheits, KO recovery and increase max HP), Pepped Up, Usage +3, Heal lv 3. Can make another for actual use so replace Pepped Up with a trait that boosts its healing power.

How do you unlock Halmolium/Velvetis for synthesis? I'm suspecting I will need to purchase recipe book for them from Hagel but not sure what I need to do to unlock it

So, because I never went to the Lost City during the main game I'm locked out of the Abyssal Tower for overtime? Thats pretty shitty :L

Well in any case, restarted overtime, did a bunch of grinding and managed to make the
True Dragon Hourglass
. All that left available for me to do is beat the
Demon Lord
and I've done all I can. Thanks for the tips by the way.

ohlawd

yeah I made a warning post to everyone regarding locked out dungeons in overtime. Maybe everyone would have read it if it was in bold :p

Unfortunately yeah you have no way to access the Tower now.

ohlawd

scrub enemies from Machina might drop it with a good Bunny Tail

I farmed them on the 4th level of Abyssal Tower. Ain't sure if you can farm in Machina (didn't have to since the Tower gave me everything I needed and not just Spirits before scaling Machina) but you probably could.

Top Bottom