• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland |OT| Shin Rorona Tensei

Shizuka

the extra year after finishing the main game (12 assignments)

so the entire game is 4 years instead of 3 years if you decide to go for overtime.

It's in the OP. It says two years though but it's only one.

Wow, an extra year. I didn't know that, what an awesome thing to have.

Zephyx

Yeah I'm the same way. I really want to play these games so much. At least with the Vita slowing it's output down I can finally catch up though.

The Vita's not slowing down though. Almost all of the JP Vita games coming out this year are guaranteed purchases for me.
Maybe not Senran Kagura and definitely not musou games

I started this game a while ago and saved the first time I was able to. Stopped though because I still need to plat Meruru+ and get the best equipment which I don't have any idea how to do.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Probably answered already but I couldn't find it after skimming the thread.

They both say in their descriptions that you get a Vita and PS3 copy but I guess the bonus version has some extra costumes?

1IuGSGg.png

Probably answered already but I couldn't find it after skimming the thread.

They both say in their descriptions that you get a Vita and PS3 copy but I guess the bonus version has some extra costumes?

1IuGSGg.png

I'm 99% sure the game is NOT cross-buy, though someone else should corroborate. I think the one labeled PS3/Vita is actually just the Vita version. From the descriptions, it sounds like they both have the same three DLC costumes.

ohlawd

isn't the 40 bucks one the Vita version and 50 bucks is for PS3?

the game isn't crossbuy. and it would be extremely shitty to have costumes exclusive to the Vita version.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Gonna be my first step into the series so I decided to go with the PS3 versions. I already have Meruru and Totori for the Vita but wanted to play the games in chronological order.

Figured this is going to be a game I can't play in short bursts like Ys anyway.

Jinto

Just booted this game up. Not sure how I feel about the English dub. I'm glad there's an option to switch to Japanese if I choose to. I love the art style though.

Hopefully getting the best ending isn't too difficult. Any other tips for someone who's new to the series would also be appreciated. Thanks.

ohlawd

my bad :(

I went through the OP again

Under "New Party Members," Astrid and Esty join before overtime.

I never bothered with gardening and time capsule stuff all that much. To me, gardening is perfect for keeping a stockpile of worthwhile traits. But whatever I just Tonic'd the hell out of the game and had 2-3 of every trait.

Might be good to mention what decorations you could put like Secret Bag (Access container at any time), Spring Cup (random liquid item each day), Blessed Coin (slow down or prevent item degradation)...

Also the event notifier thing that Escha & Logy introduced is back. Isn't that a fan favorite? :p

The bingo card is a 3x3 with the middle square being the mandatory task and the eight remaining squares are optional jobs. Optional jobs number more than eight so you're able to choose which jobs you want to do to fill the board. Of course, there's no reason not to finish the other ones since you get vouchers for Esty's item exchange either way.

Tetranet

Can someone please confirm that all the PS3 Atelier games have a Japanese audio option?

Totori at least seems to include it, but then I run into Tecmo Koei statements that seem to imply the opposite. It's the only thing holding me off from getting Totori, Meruru and Ayesha.

Quixzlizx

Can someone please confirm that all the PS3 Atelier games have a Japanese audio option?

Totori at least seems to include it, but then I run into Tecmo Koei statements that seem to imply the opposite. It's the only thing holding me off from getting Totori, Meruru and Ayesha.

They all do except for Ayesha.

Eusis

Yeah, and Ayesha was I think mainly the victim in a change of publishers on seemingly short notice. It'll likely be fine for the future, even when published on Vita.

SoldnerKei

we had a little shitstorm here in GAF over Ayesha's lack of dual audio.

that's something worth a shitstorm, and they haven't added a DLC for the dub either, what the hell, that's the only thing that stops me from getting started with the Dusk Saga

haven't finished Meruru, I am at year 5 or something, as soon as I finish I'll get Rorona plus by mail, I wanna that delicious art cover

Tetranet

And because of that shitstorm, all future Atelier games will be dual-audio.

But poor Ayesha is left out in the cold. I want to get started with the series, so I guess I'll have to play it this way. Hopefully it doesn't break the atmosphere built up until then.

What a massive gaffe that was.

Eusis

They have a second chance with Ayesha Plus. Would be nice to go the extra mile and patch in support for a Japanese voice track in Ayesha PS3 though.

Quixzlizx

But poor Ayesha is left out in the cold. I want to get started with the series, so I guess I'll have to play it this way. Hopefully it doesn't break the atmosphere built up until then.

You have three games to play before you reach Ayesha. Ayesha+ might be out with dual-audio by then.

I haven't gotten the good ends on Totori yet, and I barely started Meruru the other day... I'll hold out on Rorona till it's on sale for half price or less.

Vylash

that's something worth a shitstorm, and they haven't added a DLC for the dub either, what the hell, that's the only thing that stops me from getting started with the Dusk Saga

haven't finished Meruru, I am at year 5 or something, as soon as I finish I'll get Rorona plus by mail, I wanna that delicious art cover

You don't even need to play Ayesha, just start with Escha

ohlawd

They have a second chance with Ayesha Plus. Would be nice to go the extra mile and patch in support for a Japanese voice track in Ayesha PS3 though.
I think Ayesha Plus will have dual audio. Shit is on lock. JPN Dub DLC for PS3 I can't see happening.

Ayesha's dub isn't bad by the way. Preserving the sanctity of the original game line of thinking aside, you can have Cordelia screaming every time you make a move in battle, oh sorry I mean Linca.

Ayesha Plus is PSVita though.
aww yeah tough shit there lol.

PS3 should have gotten Totori and Meruru Plus. KT fucked up there.

ohlawd

shit lol forgot.

I think you can make half a decent case for Meruru with the balancing and shit. No one woud buy it tho but I would.

Not sure if this question has been asked but for assignments, do you get anything by archiving all the stars (including item quality, quantity etc) for each assignment?

ohlawd

Not sure if this question has been asked but for assignments, do you get anything by archiving all the stars (including item quality, quantity etc) for each assignment?
nope, they don't mean shit. Focus entirely on the 10 stars near the bottom.

shit lol forgot.

I think you can make half a decent case for Meruru with the balancing and shit. No one woud buy it tho but I would.

Wait for the inevitable PS4 trilogy packs!

I doubt these will ever be things but I'd probably buy them if they ever appeared. Maybe. Sort of. That's a lot of times to re-buy the same Atelier games.

are there any worthwhile items to save the vouchers for? or what you see from the first assignment will be all that would be available?

Vylash

are there any worthwhile items to save the vouchers for? or what you see from the first assignment will be all that would be available?

the items change at 2 other points during the game, i'd suggest saving for the accessories and armor you can get, i never even bothered crafting armor since the ones you can trade for are so good

ohlawd

tip with costumes and vouchers

they're expensive as fuck so you don't gotta tell me that. Save your progress, get costumes from Esty, change into any costume in the workshop or do something else that saves your system data only, reload.

voila, you get to keep your new costume(s) and you didn't use a single voucher.

Just get equipment from her. Shit's too good. Some of her worthwhile items like Polish Powder and Supplement have good traits and can be wholesale'd. Sterk offers some nice shit too from his bingo card.

Vylash

tip with costumes and vouchers

they're expensive as fuck so you don't gotta tell me that. Save your progress, get costumes from Esty, change into any costume in the workshop or do something else that saves your system data only, reload.

voila, you get to keep your new costume(s) and you didn't use a single voucher.

Just get equipment from her. Some of her worthwhile items like Polish Powder and Supplement have good traits and can be wholesale'd.

Yeah I forgot to mention that, cheating the system is fun

Garland7G

only on month 6 of the 1st year but I have to say, its hilarious that you keep running into your dad
at the sundries shop.
;)

edit: are front desk quests just for money or do they help with friendship level or ratings? I don't know if I should be wasting items on them.

ohlawd

yeah you gotta do them. it's a failsafe from getting the bad ending if you don't score enough stars from assignments. friend requests you should do them to unlock events for diff characters and wholesale from shopkeeps.

I thnk they lowered the bar for town approval and assignment stars so it's easier to get normal, good and true endings

Garland7G

yeah you gotta do them. it's a failsafe from getting the bad ending if you don't score enough stars from assignments. friend requests you should do them to unlock events for diff characters and wholesale from shopkeeps.

I thnk they lowered the bar for town approval and assignment stars so it's easier to get normal, good and true endings

Ahh, good to know! Thx.

ohlawd

these are the reqs for the vanilla version iirc, inclusive.

True
>94 stars, >80 trust

Good
<94 stars, >80 trust

Normal
>94 stars, <80 trust

Bad
<94 stars, <80 trust

Nailing True End reqs gives you Normal and Good in this game so shoot for that.

Garland7G

Where can you see how many total stars you have so far?
Also on the menu screen in the top right corner is a number with black stars over it and on top of that it says popular.
I assume this is how much the town likes you?

I need to find the digital manual for this game, if it has one ;)

ohlawd

you can't, gotta keep track. during the evaluation at the end of an assignment, you get a rating of 1-3 big stars.

3 big stars mean you scored at least 8 little stars so if you can at least remember that you got that for your previous assignments, you're golden. Hell, you don't have to worry about jack if you score 10 little stars per assignment. Should also grant you some leeway in the off chance you don't score high in one of your assignments

yeah, the top right in the menu screen show how much the town likes you by way of percentage.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
So I'm in the final assignment and I just want to make sure the game continues normally after this point in the Plus version (i.e. I shouldn't sell all my shit yet) right?

Vylash

So I'm in the final assignment and I just want to make sure the game continues normally after this point in the Plus version (i.e. I shouldn't sell all my shit yet) right?

You get the choice to either start at the beginning or get the extra year

ohlawd

after the credits, you'll be asked to save clear data

when loading this file, you'll be asked to continue the story (overtime) or start from the beginning again

so if you wanna start over from some weird reason, you should sell your stuff before evaluation time.

well this is something else but it's important; you can't unlock new places and events normally found in maingame won't trigger in overtime.

didn't unlock a dungeon? tough luck
didn't unlock wholesale for a person? you're screwed
wanted ending X? lolno, no duh

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
You get the choice to either start at the beginning or get the extra year

I see... so I could just save the clear file in a different slot and finish then? Do I lose anything from choosing to pursue the extra year?\\

when loading this file, you'll be asked to continue the story (overtime) or start from the beginning again

so if you wanna start over from some weird reason, you should sell your stuff before evaluation time.

well this is something else but it's important; you can't unlock new places and events normally found in maingame won't trigger in overtime.

Aaaaah okay. I guess I should make two clear files then. XD

xXDGFXx

Neo Member

What carries over in new game+? Do recipes carry over? It would really speed up going through the game again if they do.

Top Bottom