• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland |OT| Shin Rorona Tensei

I love that the fast travel menu shows you where there are events to see, so you don't have to run around the whole town every once in a while just to make sure you don't miss anything.

meppi

Just got into this series myself and I'm really enjoying Totori right now, but I just have to ask...

Why does Totori always exclaim in a euphoric way "barrel!" whenever she comes across one?
Is this an inside joke or something I'm just missing? lol

Eusis

Just got into this series myself and I'm really enjoying Totori right now, but I just have to ask...

Why does Totori always exclaim in a euphoric way "barrel!" whenever she comes across one?
Series joke that goes way back, probably to the start. Atelier Iris would cycle between characters saying it and it was enough reason to make me renounce dubs in Rorona despite generally being solid: being too cheap to dub ONE word means I don't care!

jiggle

Totally forgot about this game
Saw the ot title and thought it`s a vita title
The endgame sounds good
The original ended just when she started making OP crafts

Is this an inside joke or something lol
Yes

Shizuka

It's a recurring gig in the Atelier games, screaming "Barrel!".

meppi

Ah I see, thanks guys! :D

Don't know why but it just makes me smile every time.
Such a nice little touch, even though it really doesn't make any sense.
There's something about the way the characters are written that you just don't find in pretty much any other game. It's really refreshing even if it feels weird at times.

Guess this is something of a trademark for Gust as I just started Ar tonelico Qoga a couple of days ago as well and it's also something that jumps out.
They might not be the most technically impressive games, but they sure make up with tons of heart and quirkiness. :)

Vylash

Weird, I totally thought the original Meruru had a voiced "Barrel!" but maybe I'm misremembering.

Don't remember if Ayesha had one but Escha & Logy definitely does. For both Escha and Logy, even!

Barrell isn't voiced in Meruru, but I'm pretty sure the barrell song at the end of the game is

Eusis

The dub was not there. Sorry if I was unclear.
Has anyone ever gotten a reason out of NISA for skipping on dubbing Barrel? It's one thing to cut out a few less important scenes... it's another to skip voicing one of the more iconic quirks of the series, one that requires literally saying one word.

Maybe the actresses thought it was dumb? :p

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I feel that the original artwork and design is so iconic to the series that I'm not really that bothered by not having costumes.

Eusis

I feel that the original artwork and design is so iconic to the series that I'm not really that bothered by not having costumes.
I usually hate throwing on costumes anyway, silly fanservice that arguably undermines a game's own identity. Might not be bad for replays, but not initial runs.

Or sometimes they just look goofy as hell, like the GameStop costumes for Escha & Logy.

Zephyx

Has anyone ever gotten a reason out of NISA for skipping on dubbing Barrel? It's one thing to cut out a few less important scenes... it's another to skip voicing one of the more iconic quirks of the series, one that requires literally saying one word.

Maybe the actresses thought it was dumb? :p

I can only assume that the JP versions did not have the same voiceover when talking to a barrel. Otherwise, no clue.

does the Vita version use saves from Totori or Meruru?

Yes, from Totori+ and Meruru+ to be exact.

I can only assume that the JP versions did not have the same voiceover when talking to a barrel. Otherwise, no clue.

Yes, from Totori+ and Meruru+ to be exact.

can i just start tototri+ and meruru+ create a save, then go straight into rorona+ and get all the costumes, as i want to play in chronological order.

Eusis

You switch to Japanese and the VA's there. It's why I went to that, otherwise I'd stick with the dub and not care.

Quixzlizx

KF1ST56.jpg

ohlawd

Proud owner of all 3 Arland LEs. Still need to wear that shirt in public and see if anyone actually gets it.

Total fucking shame we're 0-2 for Dusk LEs.

Christhor

Proud owner of all 3 Arland LEs. Still need to wear that shirt in public and see if anyone actually gets it.

"Sweet Pewdiepie reference, bro!" Pewdiepie killed Atelier.

I actually just started this a couple of days ago. And man, this is by far the most charming out of the Arland titles. The characters, the story and the music. It's all so good. It was only bogged down by bad gameplay decisions earlier, but now I'd put it way above Totori... But still below Meruru as far as Arland games go.

I also have the 3 Arland LE's, I'm fine with the Dusk series not having LE's, my wallet is happier this way.

can i just start tototri+ and meruru+ create a save, then go straight into rorona+ and get all the costumes, as i want to play in chronological order.

I don't have the Vita version, but based on how the PS3 unlocks things, this should work fine. You also don't need to unlock the costumes before starting a Rorona game, you can do it anytime and it will work.

I'm doing the new post-game stuff (which is offered as a choice when loading the Clear Data).

The ending system (for the main game) wasn't sensible.
Based on the way you answer questions, with the answers not actually making sense in relation to the question, you can get a range of endings, from everyone loving you to nobody trusting you even if you had 100% trust in the game.

Top Bottom