• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland |OT| Shin Rorona Tensei

It works, thanks. Though you'll probably have to change the region ID you aren't playing on the NA PSN (NPUB31522) version of the game.

Disc and PSN saves from the same region usually work interchangeably (though I haven't tested this). You'd definitely need to change the region if you're using the European game though. I'm not sure if this would work at all for the Japanese region (sometimes the localisation changes the save format).

I have been kicking ass more consitantly in this game than past Atelier games in regards to time. The closest I've ever cut it was during the
Vulture assignment cause I was killing vultures in the wrong area and came within a day of failure.

A lot of this is simply because this Hom system is broke as hell and does not have pie drawback like the other games. I tell her to make quality versions of the item sought then go adventure, gathering and doing alchemy and finishing the optional assignments to make sure I'm pre-ready for the next assignment. By the time start looking at time she's made enough to full gold star it or at the very least get the min. required.

ohlawd

I'm doing the new post-game stuff (which is offered as a choice when loading the Clear Data).

The ending system (for the main game) wasn't sensible.
Based on the way you answer questions, with the answers not actually making sense in relation to the question, you can get a range of endings, from everyone loving you to nobody trusting you even if you had 100% trust in the game.
what endings did you have access to in the end?

Shizuka

Almost at the end of my first year, just need to break that rock from the National Mine before I can move on with my life.

Shizuka

I'm on the last assignment on the first year and I have to break the National Mine boulder. I tried a high-quality bomb and a bag of bombs with spikes, but didn't break it. How do I break it?

Vylash

I'm on the last assignment on the first year and I have to break the National Mine boulder. I tried a high-quality bomb and a bag of bombs with spikes, but didn't break it. How do I break it?

A high quality Balbomb will break anything

macklelol

The one in the Spirit Path? I used a 68-quality Bag Bomb with Spiky Filled to break that boulder in the National Mines.

ohlawd

Looking at my trophies, I got
true, good, normal and a new ending with Esty.
I was gonna ask you if you triggered any character flags

had to leave for a while before I could make a decision from the list and I'm like "what is this? I did all that work to get Astrid's ending on my first run" It's not super obvious which ending is whose. The way they did this selection thing is so out there. I was anxious for hours lol. Just kept wishing for time to go faster so I can confirm for myself

Luckily I figured it out quick. Managed to get everyone's endings.

Welpp finally beat the game. Cheesed the last assignment and
just used and Ultimate Quality Blitz Bomb my Hom made to pass it with flying colors

Ended up getting the Normal Ending and the Lionela Ending.

MSMrRound

So...about those 3X3 reward cards..I don't seem to get the main center stamp after completing the first assignment...
apparently the Master had a letter for Sterk or w/e? I already handed my requested items all to Sterk..am I doing somethign wrong?

So...about those 3X3 reward cards..I don't seem to get the main center stamp after completing the first assignment...
apparently the Master had a letter for Sterk or w/e? I already handed my requested items all to Sterk..am I doing somethign wrong?
If I remember correctly, it sounds in the text like you just need to provide one of each of the things, when you need to provide more. The stars will become gold based on how well you're doing. Three stars filled gold there is the minimum to pass, as represented by three stars being silver.

I was gonna ask you if you triggered any character flags

had to leave for a while before I could make a decision from the list and I'm like "what is this? I did all that work to get Astrid's ending on my first run" It's not super obvious which ending is whose. The way they did this selection thing is so out there. I was anxious for hours lol. Just kept wishing for time to go faster so I can confirm for myself

Luckily I figured it out quick. Managed to get everyone's endings.
It only asked me about Iksel and Esty, if that answers it.

Finally got a chance to start after finishing Platinum on Escha and Logy. I have far more memories of Rorona than any of the other PS3 installments and now I remember why. The time investment for 100% was insane and even a simple trip to gather is a bore.

It's insanely adorable in every way but it's so incredibly tedious. Yeah, it's "Plus" in presentation than the original (and I'm mostly just trying to cope with it so I can get into all the NG+ insanity) but everything feels so incredibly archaic, especially having just finished Escha and Logy. This is my fault for not researching in depth but I was hoping they would modify the major world mechanics at least a tiny bit... Though I admit that wouldn't have stopped me from purchasing.

Once I get my playable Astrid I will likely forget all the pain, at least. Best JRPG quazi-antagonist sexual predator ever.

Vylash

Finally got a chance to start after finishing Platinum on Escha and Logy. I have far more memories of Rorona than any of the other PS3 installments and now I remember why. The time investment for 100% was insane and even a simple trip to gather is a bore.

It's insanely adorable in every way but it's so incredibly tedious. Yeah, it's "Plus" in presentation than the original (and I'm mostly just trying to cope with it so I can get into all the NG+ insanity) but everything feels so incredibly archaic, especially having just finished Escha and Logy. This is my fault for not researching in depth but I was hoping they would modify the major world mechanics at least a tiny bit... Though I admit that wouldn't have stopped me from purchasing.

Once I get my playable Astrid I will likely forget all the pain, at least. Best JRPG quazi-antagonist sexual predator ever.

I've got some bad news for you, Astrid charged almost 10,000 cole per trip to hire her

I've got some bad news for you, Astrid charged almost 10,000 cole per trip to hire her
Yeah, that sounds like Astrid.

There are enough ways to abuse the system for cole after 2 plays for that to be a non-issue. Okay, I just realized I'm +1 playthrough but I figured 2-3 anyway. Well, I do love the Pie Ending!

ohlawd

welp

2014-07-01-182559gkki1.jpg

ohlawd

like 50 hours? >_>

no guide, you don't really need one. if you want, just write down what days character events happen and stuff.

I platinum'd the original way back if that matters.

What would be the best game to start with for someone new to the series?

Seems like Rorona Plus is up to snuff, so start there and proceed through Totori and Meruru (or the Plus versions on Vita if you're playing there). Totori is now the oldest of the trilogy, so its gameplay might feel a bit rougher compared to Rorona Plus (disclaimer: I haven't actually played Rorona Plus yet), but it's probably not as drastic a change as, say, going from Totori to the old non-Plus Rorona.

As an aside: sad to hear about all the crashes. Rorona was the only Atelier that ever crashed on me (lost a couple of hours of a second playthrough), and I was really hoping that would be fixed for Plus.

ohlawd

about the freezing, whole thing is nuts

I get worried if the game lags behind by a second when entering combat. I pray I don't get the black screen. The beginning of assignment 12 froze twice. Same with another assignment but forget which.

freezing pretty much happens everywhere; start of a battle, after an event (with or without skipping), switching areas. This is all me tho. You guys might fare better.

iirc the original froze on me when switching areas and that's all. Gust, pls.

oh and this game TANKS to like 1 FPS or some shit at some point. Gust, double pls.

Vylash

How do you guys find these freezing glitches? I played through the original Rorona and never encountered it, I've beaten Rorona Plus 3 times and I have yet to see it, what the hell are you people doing

ohlawd

The massive framerate drop only happens in the postgame in a battle and you might not even see it occur if you've been cheating and looking up tips :p

My PS3 and I haven't seen eye to eye ever since I popped in that Rorona disc in 2010. Thing has hated me since then.

ohlawd

What do you mean by overtime?
the extra year after finishing the main game (12 assignments)

so the entire game is 4 years instead of 3 years if you decide to go for overtime.

It's in the OP. It says two years though but it's only one.

Garland7G

STILL cant sync trophies for this? I thought it'd be fixed with the store update

Bought the game last night off PSN for PS3. Been up all night playing...
Having a fantasic time with it, if the other games are similar to this one, I'm gonna be busy for awhile.

Also, I can't seem to see my trophies either :(

Edit: just checked and they seem to work now, too bad they are all 'hidden trophies'...

ohlawd

did you check them when you're online? That's when it fucks up for me.

And yeah they're all hidden. That's not your fault.

ohlawd

I think I'll play it an hour or two tonight, I REALLY need to play a good game after finishing Neptunia Victory.

That or I'll continue my EO3 Wildling/Farmer run.

need to get rid of the bad taste left in your mouth by NV?

I don't know what to do now. Always get this feeling when I finish an Atelier game.

I can...
Finish Demon Gaze since I'm on the last boss
Start Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
Make some progress in Max: Curse of Brotherhood
Start Guacamelee:STCE.

but nah I don't wanna because I feel dead inside. I want more Atelier. SHALLIE, were r u i ned u in mah life

need to get rid of the bad taste left in your mouth by NV?

I don't know what to do now. Always get this feeling when I finish an Atelier game.

I can...
Finish Demon Gaze since I'm on the last boss
Start Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
Make some progress in Max: Curse of Brotherhood
Start Guacamelee:STCE.

but nah I don't wanna because I feel dead inside. I want more Atelier. SHALLIE, were r u i ned u in mah life

I have a difficult time getting into Atelier games because they come out every year and now even more thanks to the plus games, I'm really slow at playing JRPGs these days as I'm busy with work and my fiancee, and when I want to play a JRPG I like to sit down for hours to play it. I preferred to play DKC:TF and Shovel Knight instead of starting Atelier Rorona + as it's way easier to just sit and play some levels than starting a JRPG.

I skipped Ayesha and yet I still can't keep up with this series, I'm gonna drop them all when Shallie comes out because that game looks really great.

I really like Atelier and I know I don't have to play them when they come out, but it sucks that I have so many games of the series unfinished while they keep coming out.

To conclude, I think it's cute when people say Japanese gaming is dead, most of the games I play are Japanese and my backlog keeps growing every fucking minute, and now we're even getting Ar no Surge... gdi.

Roubjon

I have a difficult time getting into Atelier games because they come out every year and now even more because of the plus games, I'm really slow at playing JRPGs these days as I'm busy with work and my fiancee, and when I want to play JRPG I like to sit for hours to play it. I preferred to play DKC:TF and Shovel Knight instead of starting Atelier as it's way easier to just sit and play some levels than start a JRPG.

I skipped Ayesha and yet I can't keep up with this series, I'm gonna drop them all when Shallie comes out because that game looks really great.

I really like Atelier and I know I don't have to play them when they come out, but it sucks that I have so many games of the series unfinished while they keep coming out.

To conclude, I think it's cute when people say Japanese gaming is dead, most of the games I play are Japanese and my backlog keeps growing every fucking minute, and now we're even getting Ar no Surge... gdi.

Yeah I'm the same way. I really want to play these games so much. At least with the Vita slowing it's output down I can finally catch up though.

Top Bottom