• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland |OT| Shin Rorona Tensei

ohlawd

starting over?

equipment, cole and decorations.

equipment has to be... equipped though. can't just be lying in your inventory.

you'll have to buy and look for recipes again.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
no, you're OK if you've been exploring and haven't slacked off with friend requests from shop owners

I haven't slacked off per say but I definitely didn't trigger all flags. orz. Forgot where half of 'em were. XD

ohlawd

I haven't slacked off per say but I definitely didn't trigger all flags. orz. Forgot where half of 'em were. XD
that last point I made is more like allowing you to cheese your 2nd run. my mistake for giving you the impression that friend events affect overtime directly.

me getting all endings save one on my first run let me sleep through the second run. saved time irl :p

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
that last point I made is more like allowing you to cheese your 2nd run. my mistake for giving you the impression that friend events affect overtime directly.

me getting all endings save one on my first run let me sleep through the second run. saved time irl :p

Damn, I'm gonna have my work cut out for me on my next run... orz

Fauve

Does the music selector include Updraft from E&L? It's one of my favorite normal battle themes and I'd enjoy it more than Rorona's battle theme.

Stuart444

So just started playing this properly (not had time to recently) and I noticed on the first assignment requests section.

Gathering's description, it says "Synthesize 10 times during the term."

Uhh... woops to whoever messed that up lol.

Shizuka

So just started playing this properly (not had time to recently) and I noticed on the first assignment requests section.

Gathering's description, it says "Synthesize 10 times during the term."

Uhh... woops to whoever messed that up lol.

It's like that throughout the rest of the game.

Mokoi

Banned
Man, some of the bosses in overtime... what the hell. I think I'll save those bosses for my second playthrough.

I still need to get started on my first play through. I bought it, yet still haven't gotten started. Really want to make some pies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
A couple hours into the game so far and I'm definitely enjoying gameplay. Cory may be weak but I like having her in the party. Only thing I'm curious about is how bad is the penalty for giving up on town quests? There were a couple I just had to give up on or risk less than 10 stars on the main assignments.

Is it also better just to ignore the ones you don't think you can do as opposed to dropping?

ohlawd

pretty low. nowhere near -1 so it's a tiny decimal number.

letting them expire then giving up is worse. It's like -2 or something. You can still hand in expired stuff and get some of the reward but the point loss is the same.

don't do quests if you can't finish them on time.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Okay so after hitting 100% popularity there is no more reason to do side quests right? Aside from friend requests.

Shizuka

Are trophies still not syncing with the server? That's all that's holding me to get back and aim for that platinum.

ohlawd

Okay so after hitting 100% popularity there is no more reason to do side quests right? Aside from friend requests.

nah. if you've been stacking price drop traits on your wholesale'd items, you can make a profit. but you don't have to since the profit is freaking tiny regardless.

Are trophies still not syncing with the server? That's all that's holding me to get back and aim for that platinum.

nope.

KT and Sony have abandoned us.

Vylash

I hate it, didn't they hold up the european release because of trophies?

Yup, and it's still not fixed. It's not even that the trophy list doesn't exist, it's there if you're in offline mode, how hard is it to just put the list online?

Pancakes

Year 3, Month 3. 64% popularity, only Cordelia and Sterk's ending flags triggered. The pressure is real.

Damn son, you're slacking on those side quests. I'm around where you are and I've only just realized there are flags to trigger...got Sterk's at least.

Pancakes

Ok this is getting annoying. In Ster highlands there is this breakable rock, behind which contains
the recipe for Tera bomb and Etsy's request
but I can't make a bomb strong enough to destroy it. I'm using a voucher to get an S quality bomb with Fire M and narrow range from Etsy but that's not strong enough to destroy it.

Do I basically just need to muck around until I get can get a Phlogiston with 90+ quality for the bomb or something?

ohlawd

Make a bomb that has one of its higher tier effects. Should work. Save beforehand if it doesn't.

Like a Bag Bomb with Spiky instead of Uni. Something like that.

Pancakes

Make a bomb that has one of its higher tier effects. Should work. Save beforehand if it doesn't.

Like a Bag Bomb with Spiky instead of Uni. Something like that.

It worked, thanks. Barely had a high enough quality ice bomb to make spiky.

It took two weeks and the package went missing for a bit, but I finally got mine from Amazon too! Except:

9HvLZPSl.jpg

Kudos to Amazon.ca for shipping me a replacement order so quickly when the first one went missing, at least. (And yes, one of those is going back to Amazon.)

Top Bottom