• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland |OT| Shin Rorona Tensei

Quixzlizx

Does the Vita OS now store saved games separately from the actual digital game? I don't know if I have room on my weaksauce 16GB card for Rorona + Totori + Meruru, but I want to unlock all of the costume stuff.

Shizuka

Does the Vita OS now store saved games separately from the actual digital game? I don't know if I have room on my weaksauce 16GB card for Rorona + Totori + Meruru, but I want to unlock all of the costume stuff.

They don't. Delete the bubble and you're deleting save data as well.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Huh.

I don't really like the dub for this.

I actually like Totori's and meruru's dub, but I'm not feeling much for this.

wl232XC.jpg

I'm ready! Having save data from Totori Plus and Meruru Plus get you some additional costumes, but that's it.

Alright have all the Arland games lined up now.
QruwMG0.jpg

Question: where/how do you guys get those bg's? They're awesome. I have Totoro+ and Meruru+ on one of my saves. I may just buy Rorona+ for the vita and play them all on handheld.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Question: where/how do you guys get those bg's? They're awesome. I have Totoro+ and Meruru+ on one of my saves. I may just buy Rorona+ for the vita and play them all on handheld.

I made mine to match my White/Blue Vita! Pick the bottom blue/green wave first to have Miku Append floating in the appropriate aura wave.
iBeVnnekPbC1O.png

I re-downloaded Totori/Meruru and pulled down my cloud saves, and importing the data into Rorona still isn't working. All games are from the same region (NA.) Any ideas?

Figured this out, BTW- while I got an error when I pressed the "import save" button on the game's "page," it detected them properly upon booting up the game.

kirby2096

Figured this out, BTW- while I got an error when I pressed the "import save" button on the game's "page," it detected them properly upon booting up the game.
That option is only for the physical carts. The US publisher probably didn't bother telling the devs to remove the code when localising the game.

Unlucky7

Banned
This looks interesting, but I still have Escha and Logy to go through, though I'm was on a break from it. Should I complete that game before getting this one?

Vylash

This looks interesting, but I still have Escha and Logy to go through, though I'm was on a break from it. Should I complete that game before getting this one?

You don't have to since they're completely separate things, but you might as well finish the game you're in the middle of before moving on to another one

Atelier Rorona Plus and Atelier Ayesha acquired! Both for PS3, Rorona is installing now.

Finally get to play Rorona after skipping it the first time.

I had no idea there were 5 games and 3 remakes out already, Rorona (sep 2010) was the only one released when i left for the military.

Jumping into this franchise now is a daunting task, are the previous Vita remakes solid?

And do all the games have a time limit? based on comments here Rorona has the most restrictive limit, how do the rest stack up?
All this talk of time limits brings back nightmares of Majora's Mask, could never finish it

I had no idea there were 5 games and 3 remakes out already, Rorona (sep 2010) was the only one released when i left for the military.

Jumping into this franchise now is a daunting task, are the previous Vita remakes solid?

And do all the games have a time limit? based on comments here Rorona has the most restrictive limit, how do the rest stack up?
All this talk of time limits brings back nightmares of Majora's Mask, could never finish it

Technically there are eleven games (not including remakes) localized if you count the PS2 and DS games.

The Vita games are all pretty solid. Start with Rorona Plus, then Totori Plus, then Meruru Plus, as they all take place in the same world and happen in that order. The Dusk games (Ayesha, Esha&Logy, Shallie) are a separate universe, but Ayesha and Escha&Logy are only localized for PS3 (and only Ayesha is on Vita in Japan so far) while Shallie hasn't even released in Japan on any platform yet.

Rorona is the only game with remotely strict time limits- you pretty much have to deliberately blow off the hard "do this by x time or game over" deadlines in Totori and Meruru to fuck them up. Much like with Persona 3 and 4, the time limit is only a big issue (even in Rorona) if you're going for 100% of everything in one non-NG+ run.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Do you need a save file far into Totori/Mereru to import to Rorona for the bonuses, or just a starting save?

And I guess you need to have all three games on the cart for the saves to be available?

Shizuka

Do you need a save file far into Totori/Mereru to import to Rorona for the bonuses, or just a starting save?

And I guess you need to have all three games on the cart for the saves to be available?

No, you don't. You just need a save file in as you saved in those games, even if it's in the very first save point.

Antiwhippy

Actually really like the way gathering and travelling works.

Gives me less anxiety based on how much fucking time it takes to gather and travel.

Technically there are eleven games (not including remakes) localized if you count the PS2 and DS games.

Ah my mistake, Mana Khemia & Atelier Iris count as entries in this franchise right? i was too busy playing Disgaea back then so i missed them.

The Vita games are all pretty solid. Start with Rorona Plus, then Totori Plus, then Meruru Plus, as they all take place in the same world and happen in that order. The Dusk games (Ayesha, Esha&Logy, Shallie) are a separate universe, but Ayesha and Escha&Logy are only localized for PS3 (and only Ayesha is on Vita in Japan so far) while Shallie hasn't even released in Japan on any platform yet.

Ok, did Totori and Meruru Plus receive major overhauls like Rorona did or just some added content?

Rorona is the only game with remotely strict time limits- you pretty much have to deliberately blow off the hard "do this by x time or game over" deadlines in Totori and Meruru to fuck them up. Much like with Persona 3 and 4, the time limit is only a big issue (even in Rorona) if you're going for 100% of everything in one non-NG+ run.

I see, i'm not a Trophy whore so not getting everything in one run doesnt bother me too much. What carries over in NG+?

Quixzlizx

Ah my mistake, Mana Khemia & Atelier Iris count as entries in this franchise right? i was too busy playing Disgaea back then so i missed them.

Ok, did Totori and Meruru Plus receive major overhauls like Rorona did or just some added content?

I see, i'm not a Trophy whore so not getting everything in one run doesnt bother me too much. What carries over in NG+?

1. The Mana Khemia and Atelier Iris games do count as numbered Atelier entries.

2. No, Totori+ and Meruru+ were more like ports with some added content. Rorona+ was called "New Atelier Rorona" in Japan because it's a remake rather than a port.

Eusis

No, you don't. You just need a save file in as you saved in those games, even if it's in the very first save point.
Even that much isn't necessary, just getting the games installed and system data made seems to be enough to unlock the extras.

Shit, didn't know Rorona Plus is also on the PS3. I always thought it was Vita only. It just showed up on my Amazon recommended list. I was about to start Totori, but now I have to get this.

Got this game today, my first Atelier game and the game is charming like no other, music and art style are gorgeous and the gameplay mechanics are super fun, my only complain is framerate, is really noticeable when your are outdoors, how come a game like this can run smooth 100% all the time?

I have one question about unlocking costumes with the other games savedata, I got some savedata from gamefaqs (same region as my game), but nothing got unlocked, I guess this way does not work?.

Antiwhippy

Man, I miss totori and meruru Sterk, where he was a little bit more... unhinged. He's just kinda super serious in this.

Got this game today, my first Atelier game and the game is charming like no other, music and art style are gorgeous and the gameplay mechanics are super fun, my only complain is framerate, is really noticeable when your are outdoors, how come a game like this can run smooth 100% all the time?
Are you playing on the Vita?
I have one question about unlocking costumes with the other games savedata, I got some savedata from gamefaqs (same region as my game), but nothing got unlocked, I guess this way does not work?.
Yeah, that doesn't work, even if you resign the save data under your own profile it won't unlock it. I tried that after my Totori saves from a different region didn't work.

zadig

Neo Member
Man, I miss totori and meruru Sterk, where he was a little bit more... unhinged. He's just kinda super serious in this.

Is it bad that my main reason for wanting to play Rorona is Sterk? :p I even want to check out that Warriors Orochi thing... =____=

It seems to be setting files (not saves).

The original Atelier Rorona never actually creates a setting file unless you adjust the settings (like volume or language).

The RAR file at http://kalanyr.com/RoronaPlusPS3Unlock.rar should contain all the files needed to unlock all the game bonuses for a US Rorona Plus PS3 game (the Escha & Logy settings file is from Gamefaqs but the rest are mine).

I'm in the middle of trying to dodge 200 Lightning Bolts in FFX on my Vita, but when I get that done , I'll try and upload a PS3 system data for Rorona Plus with all the costumes unlocked (including the Vita games), so that those of you who want to and know how to can resign it.

It seems to be setting files (not saves).

The original Atelier Rorona never actually creates a setting file unless you adjust the settings (like volume or language).

The RAR file at http://kalanyr.com/RoronaPlusPS3Unlock.rar should contain all the files needed to unlock all the game bonuses for a US Rorona Plus PS3 game (the Escha & Logy settings file is from Gamefaqs but the rest are mine).

I'm in the middle of trying to dodge 200 Lightning Bolts in FFX on my Vita, but when I get that done , I'll try and upload a PS3 system data for Rorona Plus with all the costumes unlocked (including the Vita games), so that those of you who want to and know how to can resign it.
This worked, thanks.

Joonytoon

Does anyone with an Asian PSN account own the Atelier Plus series (english) here? Could anyone confirm that Totori Plus saves are not recognised by Meruru and Rorona Plus, probably due to the Totori being the EU version and Meruru and Rorona being the US version (looking at the manuals).

Does anyone with an Asian PSN account own the Atelier Plus series (english) here? Could anyone confirm that Totori Plus saves are not recognised by Meruru and Rorona Plus, probably due to the Totori being the EU version and Meruru and Rorona being the US version (looking at the manuals).

Different region saves won't work.

Top Bottom