• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland |OT| Shin Rorona Tensei

I'm kind of interested in getting this, but I haven't played an Atelier game in ages. The only thing that makes me leery is the time limit. How exactly does it work? I tend to get nervous about time limits in games, but I didn't find it to be an issue at all when I played Lightning Returns.

Vylash

I'm kind of interested in getting this, but I haven't played an Atelier game in ages. The only thing that makes me leery is the time limit. How exactly does it work? I tend to get nervous about time limits in games, but I didn't find it to be an issue at all when I played Lightning Returns.

Basically synthesizing and traveling to and from locations takes time, it's honestly a lot more lax than it sounds, Atelier time limits have been super lax since Totori

It has message skip and event skip as well as a message log. But the Message Skip and Event Skip are greyed out and Event Skip isn't working...
You can only skip unread text and unseen events, so you won't get any use out of it on your first playthrough

You can only skip unread text and unseen events, so you won't get any use out of it on your first playthrough
It was like this in Escha at least, but the prompt only appeared on later playthroughs. It's disappointing it is shown.

Another disappointment: enemy HP is no longer shown in number form. It was in the original Rorona, now it's the way later games do it showing a bar.

Most other things are good improvements.

Vylash

Unless I'm missing something, the Secret Bag doesn't even work...

Being super lazy with equipment the first time around,I'll just slap Rainbow Power and maybe Skill +10% or something until i feel like breaking the system

Sorry if it was already answered, but is there any performance difference between both versions of Rorona Plus? I'm thinking of buying it for Vita but I'd go PS3 if the framerate or anything is better.

ChryZ

I started the Atelier series with Totori, then Meruru and picked up Rorona afterwards but never played my copy. Sigh, guess I'll double dip and go get Plus too. It seems way more in line with Totori and Meruru.

squall211

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but in terms of story (I get they are basically standalone stories), it goes Rorona+ --> Totori+ --> Meruru+, and in terms of how polished the game mechanics are it goes Totori+ --> Rorona+ --> Meruru+?

Where did they say that Rorona+ for Vita will get all the pre-order bonuses? I'm trying to look for confirmation but it looks like I'm terrible at using google.

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't think of checking the game's SEN Store page.

So, when is this out on PSN?

Please wait for GCT to occur.

Probably around 12 PM to 2 PM PST

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but in terms of story (I get they are basically standalone stories), it goes Rorona+ --> Totori+ --> Meruru+, and in terms of how polished the game mechanics are it goes Totori+ --> Rorona+ --> Meruru+?

Story-wise: Rorona+ -> Totori+ -> Meruru+ (Though I don't know if the post game in Rorona+ is going to spoil anything for the latter two games)

Gameplay mechanics: Totori+ -> Meruru+ -> Rorona+

ohlawd

pls postman guy come today pls pls pls

Sorry if it was already answered, but is there any performance difference between both versions of Rorona Plus? I'm thinking of buying it for Vita but I'd go PS3 if the framerate or anything is better.
PS3 version probably runs better.

Someone crazy who bought both pls confirm for Mau-chan.

does this game take any elements from the Dusk stuff?

From what I've read (haven't played it yet), sort of. There's a grid assignment system that gives you extra bonuses based on how many assignments/lines of assignments you complete within a certain period of time. Escha & Logy was the first mainline PS3 game to have it, though I think Ayesha Plus (and maybe Meruru Plus?) had something like this as well. Rorona Plus is getting a grid system as well.

Don't think anything else is carrying over, though. Meruru Plus seems to be the gameplay template upon which Rorona Plus is based.

Ventara

I'm almost done with Totori plus, should I start Rorona next or go for Meruru first?

Although it's technically Rorona>Totori>Meruru, I recall reading new event in Rorona Plus involving both Totori and Meruru and spoiling some stuff, so I say go with Meruru first, and then Rorona Plus.

Please wait for GCT to occur.

Probably around 12 PM to 2 PM PST

Story-wise: Rorona+ -> Totori+ -> Meruru+ (Though I don't know if the post game in Rorona+ is going to spoil anything for the latter two games)

Gameplay mechanics: Totori+ -> Meruru+ -> Rorona+

Totori has the best story out of the 3 imo.

Avallon

Anyone else having an error processing their order on the browser store?

n9twNqC.png

Are there bonuses for importing Totori/Meruru save data like there was for importing Totori into Meruru? If so, what are they?
You get some clothes/hats. On PS3 it's not just from Totori and Meruru but also from the original Rorona and Ayesha and Escha. I can't remember specifically what they were.

Top Bottom