• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland |OT| Shin Rorona Tensei

I saw a photo of it on shelves in an Australian EB in another thread. I'll be checking if I can get a copy after work. [Edit: Not out near me]

Rorona is the only PS3 one I haven't finished, after being under levelled in my previous serious playthrough a few years ago. This will be a great opportunity to finish it.

Vylash

man how does a joke continent like Yurop get releases earlier than me :/

I'm offended when Europe gets anything before me, this is an outrage

Do we know if any of the event or ending flags were changed? Or are they exactly the same as the original Rorona?

Hmm. The US PSN store now gives a release date of 22 July for this (https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...land/cid=UP4108-PCSE00466_00-ATELIERPARENTPRD).

Think this may be a mixup though (they've also released 1 of the 4 costumes you get for buying it in the first month but by itself and only for the Vita (https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...ette/cid=UP4108-PCSE00466_00-SPECIALFREE00002)).

Maybe the package that's supposed to go live when the 4 week bonus pack ends (the dates line up and it's only visible because its linked to via the accidentally released costume).

That would make sense, as I believe the first-month costume bonuses for Totori/Meruru Plus were handled the same way (with a different package going live four months after the initial bundle).

Do we know if any of the event or ending flags were changed? Or are they exactly the same as the original Rorona?

There's got to be at least one new ending, given the nature of the post-game content. Dunno if any of the original flags have changed, though.

I saw a photo of it on shelves in an Australian EB in another thread. I'll be checking if I can get a copy after work. [Edit: Not out near me]

Rorona is the only PS3 one I haven't finished, after being under levelled in my previous serious playthrough a few years ago. This will be a great opportunity to finish it.

PS3 version (no Vita) was in store at North Lakes Westfields in Brisbane. Thought about it but decided to wait for the American release so I can crossplay (I've never had a reason to change my Vita of my US account).

I got Rorona today because ShopTo were super keen and sent my copy tuesday.

Going by what I've played so far (up to 2/26 atm) - some event flags have been moved. Etsy's first "Hidden" request now starts in the middle of your first assignment rather than in the second.

Also note of warning, NPC/Friend Requests have changed, Etsy now handles those requests as well as your standard ones. So you no longer need to zip around asking everyone what they want.

Almyn

Why has this still not been released on the psn store? :( I have a feeling it's not gonna show up at all now until the next store update on Wed.

Saphirax

Why has this still not been released on the psn store? :( I have a feeling it's not gonna show up at all now until the next store update on Wed.

According to some of the comments on the blog all other games released today are already up on the store. Rorona is the only one that isn't.

Reknoc

technical problems apparently:

It's due to a technical issue on PS Store. We're working to resolve it as soon as possible. #ateliergames #TKfamily
There is an issue with the digital version of Atelier Rorona Plus is not yet available on PSN #ateliergames #TKfamily

I want to buy Rorona+..

but I've started the vanilla already and for some reason, it'll bother me having the trophy list incomplete for Rorona.. Maybe I'll just suck it up and try to plat Rorona+ to make me feel better.

EDIT:

I'm not that far in vanilla though.. In Chapter two, lol

I was told by a worker at a shop (JB HiFi, Australia) who looked it up on their system that it was delayed, that none of their shops had any, that this shop wasn't ordering any in, and the nearest that was is ordering three copies (which aren't in yet due to a delay).

Nowhere I looked has it and they have had the other games in the series.

But that Queensland EB had it days ago.

It's on the JBHifi website for being sent in the post so I'll get it that way to get it in 4-6 days, $4,cheaper than PSN.

I suppose they ran out of Supplements and couldn't make the deadline.

Mokoi

Banned
Conflicted on which version to get. I want it on vita, but not enough space. Really don't feel like deleting games off of it.

Phlebas

Banned
I didn't know I wanted this, someone convince me. I'd be getting it on the Vita.

Edit: I haven't played any of the games in the series.

I want to buy Rorona+..

but I've started the vanilla already and for some reason, it'll bother me having the trophy list incomplete for Rorona.. Maybe I'll just suck it up and try to plat Rorona+ to make me feel better.

EDIT:

I'm not that far in vanilla though.. In Chapter two, lol

At least you'll get the bonus for having complete save data for Rorona original after!

Oh, and Nice Kitty-N avatar :D

Zephyx

Will get it for my Vita. :) Maybe not day 1 but sometime down the line.

Great OT, btw. The new features seem cool.

Vylash

going off my vanilla Rorona knowledge:

Rorona only has 3 years. No need for those time saving items. There's a recipe for Secret Bag but you get it midgamem.

god it's been so long since i played original Rorona, i remember nothing :(

edit: Astrid charges a damn fortune to hire her

Shizuka

Only two days left, I can't wait for this. I'm only one trophy away from Mind Zero's platinum, then I'll be 100% ready for Rorona Plus.

Zephyx

I finished Meruru+ earlier today and I'm in love with the series. Will definitely get this after getting the plat for Meruru+. Anyone have an idea how long will that take?

Shizuka

I finished Meruru+ earlier today and I'm in love with the series. Will definitely get this after getting the plat for Meruru+. Anyone have an idea how long will that take?

The platinum for Rorona? A long time, but it should be shorter compared to Totori and Meruru.

Zephyx

The platinum for Rorona? A long time, but it should be shorter compared to Totori and Meruru.

For Meruru+. I think I finished the game for the first time around 25-30 hours but I haven't cleared the
Ent dungeon
and the
Endless Corridor

blackjaw

How does it compare to Totori? I finished Totori plus, and can always use another #vitarpg, but I was so burned out on Totori and the lack of story near the end that I rushed the last few hours just to complete it.

Shizuka

For Meruru+. I think I finished the game for the first time around 25-30 hours but I haven't cleared the
Ent dungeon
and the
Endless Corridor

Around 80 hours or more, depending on how efficient you play. Some people go over 100+ hours.

Zephyx

Around 80 hours or more, depending on how efficient you play. Some people go over 100+ hours.

Welp, I'm not that efficient yet as I haven't used Pamela and the crafting system to their full potential. Thought I can manage in 60 hours so I can pick up Rorona+ in early July and SAO sometime late July. Thanks for the info though.

Vylash

Ent dungeon
and the
Endless Corridor

There's a trophy for clearing Makina's Domain, if you haven't even cleared Ent yet then you'll need to put some more time in

Zephyx

There's a trophy for clearing Makina's Domain, if you haven't even cleared Ent yet then you'll need to put some more time in

Thanks. I was trying to find a trophy guide or a general game guide for some tips on completion. Can't access gaming websites right now because I'm in the office.

Shizuka

Welp, I'm not that efficient yet as I haven't used Pamela and the crafting system to their full potential. Thought I can manage in 60 hours so I can pick up Rorona+ in early July and SAO sometime late July. Thanks for the info though.

SAO is no longer July, unfortunately, unless you mean getting the asian version.

Zephyx

SAO is no longer July, unfortunately, unless you mean getting the asian version.

Really? I haven't heard or read any news about it but if it is indeed moved later, I will have no hesitation to pick this game for July. End of Q2/Start of Q3 is gonna be a nightmare to manage for my budget if all the games I like come out at the same time.

Shizuka

Really? I haven't heard or read any news about it but if it is indeed moved later, I will have no hesitation to pick this game for July. End of Q2/Start of Q3 is gonna be a nightmare to manage for my budget if all the games I like come out at the same time.

Namco Bandai Europe replied on Twitter saying that it's now "late Summer".

I have received it! I was told when I ordered it that I would have to sign for it or collect it from the post office if nobody was home...but I saw through the window the postie just put it in the letterbox! Also the disc was loose in the case.

It looks for save data, on PS3 at least, from not just Arland games but the first two Dusk games (maybe the next too).

It has the same music for the opening before the title screen but different video.

It has message skip and event skip as well as a message log. But the Message Skip and Event Skip are greyed out and Event Skip isn't working...

There's a marker saying someone wants to talk in an area in the quick travel menu, which is one of the big things I wanted.

I notice clothes from Hagel are cheaper too.

Top Bottom