• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus USA Announces Persona 4 Golden (Vita) for NA Release

Westlo

Hmmm. I mean, I don't really have a choice—either I play P4G with the new Chie or I don't play it at all. I just hate that whatever happened happened to cause things to come to this.

New Chie should be pretty good though, Erica from Catherine.

Sophia

Anyone know what the 'fan suggestions and tweaks' cover?

They've been saying for awhile that there was a fan-requested feature they added to the game. What, exactly, that feature may be is anyone's guess. But apparently it's been covered up in the art. >_>

Also, I guess I have to slowly save up money for a Vita now. Slowly.

Zekes!

Man, I don't think there's enough new stuff to justify me buying this again. I love P4 to death, but it's hard to find the desire to want to ever replay it (same with P3).

Chesskid1

Banned
Why would it be cancelled ?
It has healthy pre-orders on COMG so Japan sales will be more than fine and for translation they have like 90% of their work done already from PS2 version.

vita doom naysayers have gotten to me i suppose + some other jstuff has been cancelled. good to hear, thanks for the info.

C-Jo

Pretty much. Going by the Atlus forum I'm guessing the actress doesn't want to come back, moved away from video games in general.

It sucks.

That really sucks. I'm sure they'll do a good job replacing her, but the orignal cast is burned into my mind at this point, Chie especially.

:(

Mzo

Yeaaaaaah! Day one, preorder, CE or whatever. I will buy it all.

I didn't like Chie's voice in P4 so =P

Bazza

Cant wait, i own a copy of the PS2 version but i never got round to playing it just to many other games to play and i would need to dig my PS2 from where ever i stored it.

Its been sitting in my draw in its packaging for several years now just taunting me i enjoyed the other persona games and this is apparently the best, looks like i can keep it in pristine condition now though with a Vita version coming out.

Looks like I finally know when I'll be buying a Vita. I live in the UK; I'll be importing this day one. Persona 4 is one of my favourite games of all time. I doubt it will have the same impact the second time around, but new features will certainly help.

Aru

Will buy even at full price on US PSN since 40$ = 30€ more or less, it's a great deal :p

EDIT: Well, I'm hoping it'll cost 40$ and not 50$.

Isn't this being sold for $60 in Japan or am I just crazy?

Do want. I tried playing through P4 right after playing P3 and burnt myself out on the franchise. I want to give it another go on Vita.

V_Ben

Banned
Thank god the Vita is region free. When I pick up my console, i'll so import this if Ghostlight doesn't announce it for an EU release soon.

Aru

Thank god the Vita is region free. When I pick up my console, i'll so import this if Ghostlight doesn't announce it for an EU release soon.

They will announce it but I don't think it'll be released before next year in PAL lands.

ReaperXL7

Hype! can't wait for this, lots of stuff coming to Vita that i'm looking forward to. Hoping Atlus will keep the support coming after P4G's release.

OMG Aero

Will buy. I still need to play P3P though...and I heard it's not as good as the PS2 versions? :(
It's kind of a side grade. It has a new female playable character with new social links and direct control of party members during battle, but it doesn't have animated cutscenes or the answer epilogue from P3 FES.

Well I can finally play the game to the anime. Cant wait. This was the announcement I was waiting for to get a Vita, guess Ill definitely try to get one whenever this game is released.

Top Bottom