• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus USA Announces Persona 4 Golden (Vita) for NA Release

I think the new Chie will be fine, but they really need to get the original Teddie voice back.

You can listen to new teddie on the english P4A tutorial video that came out recently. Definitely not as good, but its a reasonable imitation, I could deal with it.

But losing Chie voice actress...I went from maximum hype to wondering if I should play the game or not now...

.la1n

tumblr_lwls0wIaz71qamzo8.gif

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure how Vita works, since I don't own one - but do they release retail games on the PSN store at the same time? I don't plan on getting a Vita for another year or two, but I want Persona 4 if (and when) I do get a Vita.

I fear it'd run out of print, so, is this game going to be made available digitally too? Just wondering!

stupei

I'm... not sure this is day one anymore if Chie has changed. Shit.

Come on, Sony. This is the only reason I'm interested in getting a Vita (and then re-buying a shitload of JRPGs on PSN). Please finance whatever it takes to get this fixed! Please make another unwise financial decision, JUST THIS ONE TIME, and I'll totally increase your Vita sales by all of one. That's not too much to ask, is it?

You can listen to new teddie on the english P4A tutorial video that came out recently. Definitely not as good, but its a reasonable imitation, I could deal with it.

But losing Chie voice actress...I went from maximum hype to wondering if I should play the game or not now...

I have a feeling that video is what prompted the comment. The attempt at the voice there is awful and honestly kind of grating.

Not sure how Vita works, since I don't own one - but do they release retail games on the PSN store at the same time? I don't plan on getting a Vita for another year or two, but I want Persona 4 if (and when) I do get a Vita.

I fear it'd run out of print, so, is this game going to be made available digitally too? Just wondering!

Yes they do.

Wow this is great, I am dying to play this game again. As for Chie's voice, I loved Tracy's work but damn, we're talking about the lovely person that voiced Erica from Catherine for Chie now and that is great.

Saroyan

Hmm, I have Persona 4 still sealed sitting in my backlog, I guess I'll leave it there and wait for this. That way I can play it for the first time on my Vita and get trophies too!

Just watched it. I haven't played P4 since it came out but yeesh the difference is still noticeable and annoying. My 'fan suggestion' is do a SH Collection and keep the original VA where they can, adding new voices when needed, and then just a completely new one as well.

Just watched it. I haven't played P4 since it came out but yeesh the difference is still noticeable and annoying. My 'fan suggestion' is do a SH Collection and keep the original VA where they can, adding new voices when needed, and then just a completely new one as well.

Yeah, I think I would prefer this too. it sounds crazy to want to have multiple same language voices for a character, but I'd take that over wiping out the memory of the original teddie and chie. I mean, how much new voice content can there be, really? Ultimately the new stuff will be a small percentage of the game.

Yeah, I think I would prefer this too. it sounds crazy to want to have multiple same language voices for a character, but I'd take that over wiping out the memory of the original teddie and chie. I mean, how much new voice content can there be, really? Ultimately the new stuff will be a small percentage of the game.
In terms of structure I can't see them being anywhere but in-between moments and further scenes of character development, unless they are changing the entire story for whatever reason.
As for space, it's really only 2 additional voices being spliced in if they do it properly so it shouldn't be a problem there.

ultron87

I'm so happy this got announced. This has pretty much sealed the deal on me eventually buying a Vita. I figure between this, P3 Portable which I never got a chance to play, and other PSP RPGs, I'll get value out of it.

Don

I liked Erin Fitzgerald as Erica in Catherine so I'm sure she will be great as Chie, but inconsistencies and changes like this are always a little disappointing.

Looking forward to it anyway. Gravity Rush and this are what I'm waiting on before getting a Vita. Hopefully Ghostlight are able to bring this over soon after the US release. I think that we got Persona 2: Innocent Sin around two months later which was a lot quicker than previous releases.

So I guess how it went is that they have some new scenes, asked the original VA and she said no, so they have to redo all lines with a new actress if they want to have any new stuff with Chie (or Teddy)?
Sad, but understandable if so. Certainly nothing Sony could fix!

creid

Why did I think this was announced already? I knew it was going to just be "Persona 4 Golden"... was there a retailer leak or something in the last few months?

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
There is not a single person who thought this game would not be released by Atlus USA. Not one.
Oh I think there were plenty of them, but there seem to be these people who expect a localization announcement minutes after a Japanese release announcement.

Zoibie

The change in VOs is a little disappointing but I'm sure I'll get used to it quickly enough.

Hope the PAL release isn't too far behind. Any word on when/if it'll happen?

Macstorm

Eternal Punishment will get localized!

BELIEVE!

I believe. Honestly, if they are doing Gungnir and Growlanser, why not? They've always supported consoles with one foot in the grave if it suited them. And this is not the Atlus of the 90s, so I can't see it not coming out. Believe.

randomkid

Feels pretty weird to be skipping so many new Megaten titles in a row between this and the fighting game and the new Devil Survivors. I enjoyed P4 but don't really have an interest in playing through it again.

Will be rectified when we get Eternal Punishment and Soul Hackers though.

Omikaru

The change in VOs is a little disappointing but I'm sure I'll get used to it quickly enough.

Hope the PAL release isn't too far behind. Any word on when/if it'll happen?

I'm not even going to bother waiting for a PAL release. I think Ghostlight are fantastic, but unless they can get this out within weeks of the US launch it's worth importing on price alone (I bet it'll be £34.99-£39.99 over here), not to mention you wont be subject to the delay. I'm just going to import it. It's £30-ish (including shipping to the UK) on VG+ right now.

Edit: Ross from Ghostlight has said, "Ghostlight are not working on a Vita game." Normally he's quite cagey in his denials ("we have nothing to announce", "I really want to say, but not yet") but this is a straight up denial. So unless Atlus have enlisted another publisher to handle it (in which case they will be localising it into all European languages, which if Catherine is anything to go by, will take longer) the game doesn't have a European distribution deal right now. Europe release in 2013, I'm calling it now.

Vita is region free, and I very much doubt there'll be DLC for this (so no need to worry about missing out on content on account of not having a US account on your Vita), so my advice is to just import.

Zoibie

I'm not even going to bother waiting for a PAL release. I think Ghostlight are fantastic, but unless they can get this out within weeks it's worth importing on price alone (I bet it's £34.99-£39.99 over here). I'm just going to import it. It's £30-ish (including shipping to the UK) on VG+ right now.

Edit: Ross from Ghostlight has said "we're not working on a Vita game." Normally he's quite cagey in his denials ("we have nothing to announce", "I really want to say, but not yet") but this is a straight up denial. So unless Atlus have enlisted another publisher to handle it (in which case they will be localising it into all European languages, which if Catherine is anything to go by, will take longer) the game doesn't have a European distribution deal right now.

I guess importing is the way to go then. A little disappointing but I'd rather do that than wait an extra 6 months for no benefit.

Just curious, but other than extensive localisation, would there be any other reason why Atlus wouldn't use Ghostlight? How did P4 sell across Europe?

Prepare to max every single social link, because you know there'll be a trophy for each of them.

P4 is kind of doable without a guide. P3 on the other hand was practically impossible

Also, if it's your first time playing the game - choose the Drama club over Music.

Thank me later

t26

I guess importing is the way to go then. A little disappointing but I'd rather do that than wait an extra 6 months for no benefit.

Just curious, but other than extensive localisation, would there be any other reason why Atlus wouldn't use Ghostlight? How did P4 sell across Europe?

I am guessing Ghostlight doesn't even have license to work on Vita? Or maybe Square Enix since they released the Persona 4 on PS2?

Top Bottom