• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus USA Announces Persona 4 Golden (Vita) for NA Release

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
HG101's SMT article is your best bet, overall. It doesn't spoil the plots.

This is the NeoGAF official thread for Persona 4

This is the Persona 3 Portable official thread.

Spoilers should be all marked so as long as curiosity doesn't get the better of you, you should be fine. ^__^
Thanks a lot! Just finished the HG101 stuff. Gonna go lose myself in the P3P OT now. Hype levels sudden skyrocketed. Might just order this on Amazon tonight...

Apath

Persona 3 Portable was amazing. I'll be there day one for this.

When will Ys Vita be announced for NA? =[

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Just bought P3P. The OT and the Atlus vids pushed me over the line. Now it'll arrive on Monday. Just in time for finals week. T_T

But I like yo...

...nevermind.

If it is any consolation, I love Persona 2: Innocent Sin and plan on picking up the PSP version of Eternal Punishment when they bring it out here in them United States. :3

tumblr_ly173zcitl1r5dyy4.gif
Can't we all just get along.

Just bought P3P. The OT and the Atlus vids pushed me over the line. Now it'll arrive on Monday. Just in time for finals week. T_T

Good luck! :D

It will be a lot of fun playing P3P/failing finals! ^__^

I think the target audience for the game is mainly people who didn't play it the first time around, so it makes sense that they might downplay the VA changes. I haven't played the game before, so I won't notice.

You sure? That email pretty much reminds you that the game is BEST RPG and that some minor new tweaks and tid bits.

Don't see any mention of what the game is or about.

stupei

I think the target audience for the game is mainly people who didn't play it the first time around, so it makes sense that they might downplay the VA changes. I haven't played the game before, so I won't notice.

I don't know how this could possibly be true given how well the game did. Persona 4 is one of those games that it really seems like most people who are into JRPGs have already played or at least seen thanks to GB. Sure a few new people will come on board (such as yourself), but I really think a port onto a platform with a much smaller install base is meant as a crowd pleaser that cashes in on the sizable fanbase that already exists for P4. Just like the anime and Japanese musical.

Squire

Banned
Anyone else feel a bit weird with the marketing?

BEST RPG.

SUPER SCORES ON METACRITIC

SEQUEL TO 2ND BEST RPG

MY DICK IS HUGE

oh btw: new VA's for some of the cast.

Oh, definitely. The Dragon's Crown announcement was some of the most self-congratulatory bullshit I've seen this generation.

Talk about overreaction... goddamit guys, seriously? A voice will kill the game?

I know it sounds really extreme, but imagine if your favorite character's personality seems suddenly lost, like they're a totally different person. Its quite off putting. I was very hyped, and I guess I will still wait and see, try to keep an open mind and all that... but depending on my impressions from vids, reviews and whatnot, I could be going from day 1 to not getting P4G, or a vita at all now.

This is the most apt comparison i can think of at the moment: I used to love re-reading Lord of the Rings when I was kid. I had such amazing versions of all those characters in my head. But now, ever since the movies, (which were pretty good movies) all I can picture in my head when I read the books is the actors... I can't remember my old Frodo and Strider and all those cool characters I dreamed up while reading. I don't want Teddy and especially Chie to be replaced in that way. They had such perfect voices, and now if a better, definitive version of P4 is released where they're replaced its like the characters I loved are wiped out.

demonkaze

So i'm about to buy a Persona game for my Vita thanks to this announcement and I was wondering what one to go for. I've had P3/P3FES when it first came out but got about half way through it before it got lost in my backlog. I then got P3P and enjoyed it but again it got lost in my backlog (UMD). I'm not too sure if I should buy P3P again (I do really like it and would like to finish it one day) or buy P2 first as I've never played it before.

Volcynika

On a Dutch site they're saying that the Copyright statement of the game includes a 360 and Kinect logo. Anyone more info on that?

Link (Dutch): http://www.gamer.nl/nieuws/284910/persona-4-mogelijk-naar-xbox-360-met-kinect

Already addressed yesterday:

Update: It seems a typo on the game's teaser site was leading some fans to think the game was also bound for PS3/Xbox 360 and/or Kinect. That is NOT the case, according to Atlus PR Manager Aram Jabbari. "Silliness," he called it.

zlatko

Banned
That's 1 of 3 games needed for me to buy a Vita.

Two more games and I'll drop the money. I do my purchases of a console/handheld when there is at least 3 games I really want to play.

Your move developers!

Gravijah

atlus usa need to talk sony into releasing a golden vita in the us. it would be huge!

and i could finally buy a vita.

Jintor

Why does it even bug you? It's just internet word-slingin'. Nobody's real serious 'bout it. I mean the main character is renamable entirely. You can call him SZXhnkinrasid0h and that would be valid.

I have managed to go all this time with a basically net neutral judgment on the whole Giant Bomb thing, but I swear to God you guys are testing my resolve on that now.

NO YOU

(Yeah, it's getting a bit obnoxious now. Starting to feel like one of those guys who stands in airport arrival bays proclaiming the Good News about Jesus Christ. Probably should dial it back a bit. :lol)

kewlmyc

no that would be naotos

who barely gets any work

;-;

I like JP Naoto more actually.
She actually sounds like a dude, which makes the gang not knowing she's a girl less stupid. Her english voice makes it obvious that she's a girl from the start, so the whole reveal is silly because you think that anyone would have figured it out by then.

Gravijah

I like JP Naoto more actually.
She actually sounds like a dude, which makes the gang not knowing she's a girl less stupid. Her english voice makes it obvious that she's a girl from the start, so the whole reveal is silly because you think that anyone would have figured it out by then.

but dudes sound like girls in english dubs so it all works out .

Vamphuntr

What's the Charlie Tunoku thing? The main character already has 2 official names anyway, no? (In the manga it's Souji Seta and in the games it's Yu Narukumi)

What's the Charlie Tunoku thing? The main character already has 2 official names anyway, no? (In the manga it's Souji Seta and in the games it's Yu Narukumi)

During the Giantbomb Endurance run of P4 which somehow half of GAF has watched, the gang decided to name the MC Charlie Tunoku and referred to him many times as such over the 80 or so hours they played the game.

Giant Bomb did a playthrough of Persona 4, it's fucking hilarious and the best way to experience the game without actually playing it (playing it being hugely preferable, still, of course), and Charlie Tunoku is what they named the main character. It's really fucking hard after watching the Endurance Run to call him anything else. That's all.

edit: beaten :(

Vamphuntr

During the Giantbomb Endurance run of P4 which somehow half of GAF has watched, the gang decided to name the MC Charlie Tunoku and referred to him many times as such over the 80 or so hours they played the game.

Giant Bomb did a playthrough of Persona 4, it's fucking hilarious and the best way to experience the game without actually playing it (playing it being hugely preferable, still, of course), and Charlie Tunoku is what they named the main character. It's really fucking hard after watching the Endurance Run to call him anything else. That's all.

edit: beaten :(

Ah, I see. I don't often visit Giant Bomb but I did beat the game a long time ago. I thought it was some kind of meme or referring to someone/something else in the game.

Well I do hate voice actor changes in games, especially in games that are so lengthy that the player gets invested in them.

On the other hand, I thought Chie's voice work was one of the weaker performances in the game.

Alfredo

The Endurance Run was great 'cause it exposed the Persona (and Shin Megami Tensei) series to pretty much a whole new audience. More fans, more sales, more games.

So you'd rather they... what, not point out that it's one of the best RPGs?

I have managed to go all this time with a basically net neutral judgment on the whole Giant Bomb thing, but I swear to God you guys are testing my resolve on that now.

That's not the problem. The problem is that it ONLY talks about it's the best rpg ever. Maybe a quick sentence or w/e explaining the game? The premise? idk.

I guess there is a point to be made that this is just an email thing.

Top Bottom