• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan |OT| - Like a Braus

evanmisha

From what I've seen, it's a bit janky. The horse AI is so laughably bad-- a titan will fall right beside one and it just chills there. It looks ridiculous.

Also, saw a titan running on rooftops in a stream and sorta teleported around as its footsteps went from roof to roof before it finally fell off. Looked pretty bad.

With that said, it\s a pretty game, for sure. Default difficulty looks super easy, though. At least, compared to the source material.

EDIT: Just saw a titan end up on a roof not 10 minutes after the last one in the same stream. Yikes

EDIT 2: Wait, they actually crawl up on to the roofs? Oh, wow. It looks really, really bad when giant titans walk across roofs with no damage whatsoever to the houses below them. ...now a couples horses are on a roof.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
One thing for sure is fans should have a great time with this game.

Others who expect something "deep" Id imagine are going to be let down. Then again not really sure what such people were expecting since a lot of footage pretty much showed what to expect, which was lock on + attack lol

For those wondering what that "rock" looking symbol is which appears on the titans parts when targeting them, it means that there is a resource part to be obtained if you sever that part on the titan. Resources are used to upgrade your existing equipment or make new stuff.

antitrop

I liked the anime a lot and the gameplay looks right up my alley, nice and fast. Will wait for localization, but it's definitely one I'm looking forward to.

If you enjoyed the anime am sure you will have a good time. Game indeed is fast thats for sure. You will feel like spiderman with knives lol

Definitely picked up a Spiderman vibe from watching the gameplay videos. Looks really cool. Looks pretty much exactly like what I imagined an AoT game would be like while I was watching the series.

Parakeetman

I liked the anime a lot and the gameplay looks right up my alley, nice and fast. Will wait for localization, but it's definitely one I'm looking forward to.

If you enjoyed the anime am sure you will have a good time. Game indeed is fast thats for sure. You will feel like spiderman with knives lol

kozi_1200

Looks pretty solid for me and i have nothing else to play! Btw where is it? I can't find it on the japanese ps store, the pre-order option was up last week.

Takeru

Yikes.

Combat footage looks really bad.

The Titans have zero A.I.

They just stand there while getting sliced and diced :/

I think in the first few sets of missions they're brain dead until you get the hang of it. You die a lot in the end.

They put up menu translations as well, might be good for OP

Shingeki-Mode.png

http://www.shonengamez.com/2016/02/17/koei-tecmos-attack-on-titan-main-menu-translations/

Nice OT!
Loved the anime so I'll probably pick the PS4 or Vita version when it comes over ! I'll wait to see how well it runs on vita before making a decision, but I feel like it'll be more enjoyable with a controller.

Kysen

I've put in an hours play on PS4. It is a lot harder than it looks. Momentum seems to play a huge role in traversal. You need to time the square button presses (anchors) while you move otherwise you end up wasting gas and hitting every building along the way.

As for attacking I can see why they put in the lockon. Things can get hectic (framerate tanks) when you get swamped by all sizes of titans at once.

As others have mentioned the faster you swoop in to attack the more damage it does. So when faced with a group its better to cut the legs off some so you can get a clean shot at others necks.

Loving it so far, way better than the 3DS game. I'm interested to see how it runs on Vita. On PS4 it can get really effect heavy in places, especially when you activate the blue smoke special.

Parakeetman

im still impressed with how well they managed to pull the mechanics in this title off fairly well considering technicallu this is a bunch of things totally new to them.

map designs are nice too does indeed capture the feel of the anime

im still impressed with how well they managed to pull the mechanics in this title off fairly well considering technicallu this is a bunch of things totally new to them.

map designs are nice too does indeed capture the feel of the anime

Yep, thought this may have been a little out of the comfort zone of KT, but they really nailed the feel, especially flying around through the forest, really cool stuff!

Didn't do terrible on the Tutorial! xD

CbdjDUrUUAAhWgf.jpg:large

Are Ymir, Annie, Bertholdt and Reiner really not playable? :(

Also what's the Japanese word of mouth like about this game? I'm picking it up regardless because it looks awesome but yeah.

Parakeetman

Are Ymir, Annie, Bertholdt and Reiner really not playable? :(

Also what's the Japanese word of mouth like about this game? I'm picking it up regardless because it looks awesome but yeah.

No idea I have not checked on what they are saying.

Thats what it says in regards to whos playable. No idea if they have a small piece in the SP where you can use them or not.

-----------------

This game most def is something to buy if one is a fan of the series and owns a PS4. Am still highly impressed with what a fantastic job they did with the character models. Also there are two types of cutscenes in engine, seeing how its using the same equipment I have equipped during them and pre-rendered ones. Very cool stuff.

NesFe

Got the vita version today, played the tutorial and the first mission. I was worried the game wouldn't run very well since they barely showed anything vita, but it runs surprisngly good so far. Will have to see how that holds up once there is a lot going on.

The combat is fun, but took me a while to adapt to it.

SomTervo

That actually looks pretty damn solid!

How much on PS4 JPN store?

Edit: wait, is it going to get a Western release?!

That actually looks pretty damn solid!

How much on PS4 JPN store?

Edit: wait, is it going to get a Western release?!

Yes, they announced a western release pretty much at the same time that the game was announced in Japan. But we haven't heard anything about it since.

B00TE

This looks pretty awesome, was hoping for a demo but the gameplay you guys are linking has sold me anyway. Hope there's a good amount of content.

Parakeetman

I wonder how this particular stage runs on Vita, with all the collapsing buildings and whatnot.

Honestly one is doing this game a huge disservice by playing it on anything but the PS4.

I forgot to check if the PSV one is PSVTV compat. The main site didnt have it listed from when I initially looked.

kurahador

poodaddy

Christ the Titans are way creepier than they look in the Manga/show to me! I don't know why, but seeing them actually rendered in such high quality is kind of unnerving.

LogicStep

This looks much better than the other games! How much content is there? How long is it? Any videos of skillful players?

Fbh

This looks surprisingly fun. I've kinda lost interest in the manga (gets way too slow and boring) but the core concept and first half of the manga has allways been awesome

Will probably pick it up once it comes west (after a price drop or on a sale)

poodaddy

This looks surprisingly fun. I've kinda lost interest in the manga (gets way too slow and boring) but the core concept and first half of the manga has allways been awesome

Same here; I'm stoked for this game but I gave up on the manga pretty quick. Cool concept but the art is ass; absolutely despised the look of it, yet somehow it looks cool to me as a video game.

Elandyll

Banned

The manga took a political twist (which I actually liked, kept things fresh and different) to resolve the infighting and start shedding some light on the history behind the society of AoT, but it's been back to pretty much wall to wall action and insane fights for months now.
It also looks like they might be headed towards ending the manga sooner rather than later, getting ever closer to being able to access the infamous cellar and its clues.
The one thing I would say that really changed from the beginning is the horror/ terror aspect, but you can only see& fight something so much (from a character pov), and see so many people die a certain way before you grow sort of used to it.

Yaari

Pretty cool. Doubt I'll pick it up though. I think it will get repetitive. But I'd like to hear impressions. I guess the different characters are merely skins, they don't really handle any differently from another?

Parakeetman

Christ the Titans are way creepier than they look in the Manga/show to me! I don't know why, but seeing them actually rendered in such high quality is kind of unnerving.

you should seem them move around and their eyes track you and shit. its pretty interesting the amount of detail they put into it.

Parakeetman

Just watched the Anime over the weekend. I loved it. I hope the game is good.

If you liked the anime you should enjoy the game. since this is one of the better made "anime" games in the sense where it gives a pretty close experience of the anime itself.

Though do not go in expecting super deep combat or anything. As this game is more about timing and position rather than mashing buttons or memorizing combos.

Basically if one was a fan of the series this is the game to get.

Top Bottom