• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin’ |OT| When Russo Shoots, He Shoots To Kill

RP912

Banned
Watching this doc I have to agree, he was shoveled shit through his whole time there. Kinda odd because he ended up making wrestling relevant again for a lot of people.

No lie if it wasn't for punk losing his shit in vegas, I would have gave up on wrestling. You would have thought he was kicking off a new era where wrestling matters (no dixie carter).

Yet...we get a rock/cena circle jerk, buried mid carders, and a true champion that's playing second fiddle to a storyline.

Hell I don't blame punk for doing cartwheels out of the rumble and going back to Chicago. Whats the point of trying to bring something new to the table when folks are so used to eating oatmeal and fig newtons.

kiguel182

Watching the CM Punk doc on the network and he says he is a goal oriented guy, well he never attained the goal of main eventing a wrestle mania... come back eminent. Kinda sad I stopped watching wrestling and missed all of CM Punks run. Well hopefully he will come back one day and finally get to main event a mania.

It wouldn't surprise me if he waits a couple of years and then get's a part time gig that guarantees him the main-event at Mania.

tm24

In lucha news, this is a match on the triplemania card

2) Angélico vs Hijo del Fantasma, Australian Suicide, Fénix, Bengala, Jack Evans, Joe Lider, Pentagón Jr., Daga ©, Ricochet [AAA CRUISER]

Interesting to not that Ricochet is on the card, and not Flamita, the actual luchador. Maybe Ricochet is getting a deal to work the El Rey AAA show?

jmdajr

Lets see

Hulk Hogan
Stone Cold
Rock
Shawn Michaels
Kurt Angel
Bret Hart
Mach Man
Ric Flair (lol)
John Cena
Randy Orton
Undertaker
Edge

and many more

all Divorced at least once....

Can HHH/pUnk/D-Bry avoid this trend? Who is the biggest Wrestling superstar to never get divorced???

That 5 months of Network was fun, but time to focus on better stuff.

Like buying TNA's library for a buck and getting rich selling it to Vince.

Watching the CM Punk doc on the network and he says he is a goal oriented guy, well he never attained the goal of main eventing a wrestle mania... come back eminent. Kinda sad I stopped watching wrestling and missed all of CM Punks run. Well hopefully he will come back one day and finally get to main event a mania.

For me, straight edge heel Punk > after pipe bomb Punk

His run in the 2010 Royal Rumble was hilarious.

I want to see Brian Cage throw Steve to the moon.

H8RPyBm.gif
JBL just jizz watching that.. "Clothesline!"

Verendus

Banned
Hey, it worked for Batista.
Come now, Punk is effectively jobber status next to Brotista.

And it's the Reigns train now. The next several years will be variations of Reigns matches. Reigns/Cena, Reigns/Bryan, Reigns/Rock, Reigns/Lesnar. Reigns, Reigns, Reigns.

It's over for CM Punk. Maybe he can headline in TNA before it shuts its doors.

jmdajr

nope

Warrior married Shari Lynn Tyree on October 2, 1982. The couple met in Dallas, Texas at the famous Million Dollar Saloon strip club where Shari was working at the time.[54] They remained together for the majority of Warrior's WWF career before divorcing on March 22, 1991, two days before WrestleMania VII.[55] Warrior married for the second time to Dana Viale on January 31, 1999. They had two daughters, Indiana and Mattiga

Sephzilla

Lets see

Hulk Hogan
Stone Cold
Rock
Shawn Michaels
Kurt Angel
Bret Hart
Mach Man
Ric Flair (lol)
John Cena
Edge

and many more

Can HHH/pUnk/D-Bry avoid this trend? Who is the biggest Wrestling superstar to never get divorced???

Booker T?

Striker

None of those guys listed were married to a McMahon, so obviously Triple H is less likely to get divorced than either Bryan or Punk.

Undertaker is on his third.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Network has a new "Program" up - Video Vault, for a full 30 mins. I can enjoy this.

XenoRaven

Lets see

Hulk Hogan
Stone Cold
Rock
Shawn Michaels
Kurt Angel
Bret Hart
Mach Man
Ric Flair (lol)
John Cena
Randy Orton
Undertaker
Edge

and many more

Jericho?

miserable

Lets see

Hulk Hogan
Stone Cold
Rock
Shawn Michaels
Kurt Angel
Bret Hart
Mach Man
Ric Flair (lol)
John Cena
Randy Orton
Undertaker
Edge

and many more

Goldberg?

kiguel182

It's Brotista weekend. Anyone gonna check out the movie. He's already a grandfather..yikes

I'm going to watch it 15 days from now since the person I'm going with isn't here for the next two weeks.

I'll be afraid of death of spoilers until then. No internet for me I guess.

Penguin

Speaking of punk(and d-bry) wonder if their lack of presence has effected the network at all

I would doubt it

Since the Network isn't really focused on the current product much outside of streaming the PPVs live

Also seems like WWE will prune their staff by about 7%, I wonder how much of it will be Network staff

Mahonay

Banned
Listening to the latest Attitude Era podcast; the guys brought up Kane's return in 2000 just before No Mercy and just how god damn awesome it was.

I remember marking the fuck out for this, jumped right out of my seat. Paul Bearer makes this absolutely fucking magical. Fast forward to about the 1:50 mark.

Kane returns w/Paul Bearer, 2000 -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzhxwuizY9M

jmdajr

I would doubt it

Since the Network isn't really focused on the current product much outside of streaming the PPVs live

Also seems like WWE will prune their staff by about 7%, I wonder how much of it will be Network staff

shit don't you need MORE network staff? How is it going to get better?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Listening to the latest Attitude Era podcast; the guys brought up Kane's return in 2000 just before No Mercy and just how god damn awesome it was.

I remember marking the fuck out for this, jumped right out of my seat. Paul Bearer makes this absolutely fucking magical. Fast forward to about the 1:50 mark.

Kane returns w/Paul Bearer, 2000 -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzhxwuizY9M
I'm obviously biased, but I think it's the best return ever. Taker at JD 2000 is good too, but the initial camera work was terrible.

This, however, was done so right.

Top Bottom