• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Mahonay

Banned
Yew that sucks big time. Probably who I was looking forward to most. Hopefully they can do some sort of last min. surprise match to compensate.

First time in the area. Any places to grab a bite and drink?
No idea since they decided to put the show out in the middle of nowhere in Queens. It's going to take me an hour and a half by subway to get there from my place n Brooklyn. I'm meeting Brian FETO there since he's hooking me up with a ticket.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so how was Okada v Omega 3?

and Omega v Naito is going to be fucking LIT isnt it?

Satin says WWE doesn't want Jon Jones ringside at Summerslam because it would "distract from the match".

Yeah, why draw more attention to one of your biggest events.

Anth0ny

August 7 2017 Raw did a 2.20 rating based around a main event of Roman Reigns vs Braun Stroman.

August 10 2015 Raw did a 2.71 rating based around a main event of Randy Orton vs Seth Rollins

19% drop

The Rock getting stuck in an endless loop of running because he couldn't finish his People's Elbow in the DOR section of the nL Rumble stream nearly had me out of my chair laughing.

I just went back to see this, it was hilarious.

In general there was something comical about the entire section with Rock, Kane, Trish and Stacy, like how the the dramatic camera effect comes out for Rock's special only to inexplicably cut to Kane doing mounted punches on poor ol' Kiebler while the camera effect lingers.

Hex

Banned
Satin says WWE doesn't want Jon Jones ringside at Summerslam because it would "distract from the match".

Yeah, why draw more attention to one of your biggest events.

Yeah but having idiot Football , Basketball and d grade hip hop artists at ring side is totally ok

*Cut to Royal Rumble 98 footage and the camera constantly cutting to Mike Tyson in his box seat*

And the Tyson/Austin footage from Monday night raw that was replayed the next day on every major news outlet.

This is what happens when WWE thinks they are untouchable as they have no major competition when in reality everything is competition.

No idea since they decided to put the show out in the middle of nowhere in Queens. It's going to take me an hour and a half by subway to get there from my place n Brooklyn. I'm meeting Brian FETO there since he's hooking me up with a ticket.

It'll take me about an hour by bus. Running a 10k this morning was a mistake.

Anth0ny

As much as I love Suzuki, real ass 96 Austin would WHAM hit him with that Stone Cold Stunner. Then he's got them BEADY LITTLE EYEEEEEES staring up at them lights for the 1. 2. 3.

They use that spot as a promotional tool. They're not in business with Jones yet, so why would they invite him to sit in the front and train some cameras on him?

Why do they show MLB players and NBA players and NFL players in the front row of events? They aren't in business with them either.

Why do they show MLB players and NBA players and NFL players in the front row of events? They aren't in business with them either.

When was the last time one of these NBA, MLB, or NHL players also tried to book himself into a fight in another company with a WWE wrestler?

Context matters here. Jones wants to do business with someone who is currently contracted with WWE in a public capacity outside of WWE. Why would they use one of their tools when they won't benefit from the result?

When was the last time one of these NBA, MLB, or NHL players also tried to book himself into a fight in another company with a WWE wrestler?

Context matters here. Jones wants to do business with someone who is currently contracted with WWE in a public capacity outside of WWE. Why would they use one of their tools when they won't benefit from the result?

They will receive increased media coverage of the event if Jones is in attendance. That's the benefit.

This. Its not about distractions.

Aiii

So not worth it
67d5ce78-21ba-4c6d-9e4ujz.jpeg
What. A. Nerd.

Top Bottom