• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Meltzer directly went after the five years crew this morning. Says he's not worried at all. Says he's hearing that most think WWE won't take a big hit on TV rights fees in the next negotiation.

How was a match between PAC and Tozawa not amazing??!?!?!

I thought it was great.

Sephzilla

Meltzer has been wrong before.

And to be fair, I doubt he wants to peddle the idea that WWE is in any kind of danger (real or not) because WWE going under would also affect his bottom line.

And to be fair, I doubt he wants to peddle the idea that WWE is in any kind of danger (real or not) because WWE going under would also affect his bottom line.

He has been, but he's been right a hell of a lot more. And if he's hearing anything about their TV deals, that's way more significant info to base a prediction off of than anything we can come up with.

Sephzilla

He has been, but he's been right a hell of a lot more. And if he's hearing anything about their TV deals, that's way more significant info to base a prediction off of than anything we can come up with.

You're probably right.

Doesn't WWE have another year or two until their contract is up though? A lot can change

#IndiePosterTuesday

Spotted while out and about earlier

nk3hCYzl.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Yeah that, or #5years is a stupid run in to the ground meme and not an intelligent analysis of the business.

miserable

I watched Tanahashi vs Naito today. What a fantastic match, loved it. The crowd was so into it, made it even more special.
I could watch these two grapple for hours. Tana is a treasure.

M9oKPVO.gif

Heroman

Banned
Shibata back stage comment.
“Well… if you ask if I’m okay, then I don’t know how to answer. But I’m alive. After that match, I was on my way going back to the dressing room, when I fell. Today, I could stood up on my own feet. I’m looking ahead. I know that it will take much time, but I’ll do the best that I can; I will fight for it. That’s all that I can say now. But I will keep trying to see you guys again in a better condition. That’s it. Thank you.”

I mean I'm not a wrestler but if you asked me whether I'd rather annhilate myself in NJPW for joy of soiling Meltzer's drawers or make fat checks traveling the country and doing foreign tours but having to wrestle Baron Corbin I know what I'd be doing.

$$$

Or you could be a brand management genius like the Young Bucks and have more control over your schedule while making more money you'd ever make at WWE.

Yakuza 6 which has the english version releasing next year also has a NJPW collaboration.

It's got Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Kazuchika Okada, Satoshi Kojima, Tetsuya Naito and Toru Yano as characters that you can fight for the clan management minigame.

Holy shit that's incredible, haha.

Or you could be a brand management genius like the Young Bucks and have more control over your schedule while making more money you'd ever make at WWE.

Holy shit that's incredible, haha.

You could be a genius all you want.

Only a select few can get over and sell to the level of a BC or Elite on the indies.

So Neville's the unbeatable heel champion for what seems like 5 years and he loses his belt on a random RAW when there's a PPV on Sunday? What?

I think they have a plan post-SS for either Neville or Tozawa that requires them to get the rematch out of the way quickly. So you do the change on Raw to burn the rematch on Sunday.

Top Bottom