• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

kiguel182

Just read that on Smackdown a women was booed for singing India's national anthem.

I've stopped watching WWE and I can say that making a POC a bad guy simply because he is proud of his country (despite being Canadian) is a big reason why.

It's gross and in the current climate the US lives kinda dangerous too.

The whole "you can't be proud of your country if it isn't the US" is gross. Just gross.

3p6o6lrl15gz.gif

Team Rocket?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
How the fuck can a small company like DDT stream most of their house shows live and release the rest of them on demand but Vince's garbage network can't?

I suspect you will get upset at this answer, but it's because they have minimum production values and they don't actually want house shows to be part of the material you can watch.

jmdajr

Fam save me. A girl I am sort of seeing is a vegetarian (there is nothing wrong with that), but she just said this: "You can't stop violence if you eat violence" then went on a mad one about people wanting to stop violence eating meat.....

Her tru hipster love lies elsewhere.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You should feel bad if you want Daniel Bryan to compete at G-1 (particularly G-1).

The same way you should feel bad if you're cool with Shibata coming back. And from his comments yesterday he sounds like he is definitely coming back.

Mahonay

Banned
Lol this opening for Smackdown is great. It's too bad any time Jinder gets on the mic it's like watching paint dry. Holy fuck he has zero charisma.

Angry Grimace

Lol this opening for Smackdown is great. It's too bad any time Jinder gets on the mic it's like watching paint dry. Holy fuck has zero charisma.

He's way worse than Reigns because at least Reigns can switch between heeling it up and being a smartass babyface (even if the crowd refuses to buy it) on demand.

Jinder just says "fuck America" every single time. Even against a non-American opponent whose English is just passable enough to be on the mic.

Bryan might supposedly have this plan for safer wrestling but if he goes to Japan I highly doubt everyone he fights will be like cool cool let's just be 100% safe.

Edit: Remember Jinder saying he has creative control when his character does the same promo every week? Maybe he requested wearing the suits.

Angry Grimace

Bryan might supposedly have this plan for safer wrestling but if he goes to Japan I highly doubt everyone he fights will be like cool cool let's just be 100% safe.

Edit: Remember Jinder saying he has creative control when his character does the same promo every week? Maybe he requested wearing the suits.

I think the theory he's going to Japan is just made up anyways; he just had a baby girl. There's plenty of places for him to compete in America, especially if he's not looking to do it regularly.

The idea Jinder has literally any creative control whatsoever is so insanely laughable I don't even know what to say. He might have input, but everything 100% goes through Vince and about 5 other guys before it gets to Jinder.

Mahonay

Banned
He's way worse than Reigns because at least Reigns can switch between heeling it up and being a smartass babyface (even if the crowd refuses to buy it) on demand.

Jinder just says "fuck America" every single time. Even against a non-American opponent whose English is just passable enough to be on the mic.
From the mind of 71 year old Vince McMahon.

Draxal

You should feel bad if you want Daniel Bryan to compete at G-1 (particularly G-1).

The same way you should feel bad if you're cool with Shibata coming back. And from his comments yesterday he sounds like he is definitely coming back.

I went on this rant yesterday, its fine if you ignore it but don't pull a Meltzer and praise this year as the greatest year of wrestling while complaining about wrestler injuries.

Angry Grimace

I went on this rant yesterday, its fine if you ignore it but don't pull a Meltzer and praise this year as the greatest year of wrestling while complaining about wrestler injuries.

I'm not sure what you're getting at: I don't even watch NJPW, I just know enough about it via osmosis.

Draxal

I'm not sure what you're getting at: I don't even watch NJPW, I just know enough about it via osmosis.

I'm fine with people watching NJPW, I'm fine with people saying its the greatest year of wrestling, but when the wrestlers are constantly trying to oneup themselves, you can't complain about them being unsafe (its my pet peeve with Meltzer).

Angry Grimace

Both Becky Lynch and Charlotte not being involved in the Smackdown Women's title match seems dumb as fuck.

I think they are in a round-about way. I do not think Vince thinks he can retain interest in the division without Becky or Charlotte in the mix, but I think he wants a heel to get the title while keeping the case around for a while.

Mahonay

Banned
I'm fine with people watching NJPW, I'm fine with people saying its the greatest year of wrestling, but when the wrestlers are constantly trying to oneup themselves, you can't complain about them being unsafe (its my pet peeve with Meltzer).
What a weird thing to get upset about.

Some of you can't survive as a fan with out finding the most random details to shit on Meltzer for.

Angry Grimace

Hmmm Jinder's foot was under the ropes? So illegal pin?

There's no reason that should matter, even assuming it was intended to be dirty (I highly doubt it, they're usually much more obvious about things like that when they are intentional). There's nothing to prevent you from straight up running away in a MITB match and getting counted out. It's not any different than any other dirty win.

The way it looks does look like Jinder was fumbling to try and get his foot on the rope. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Either Corbin's buried to fuck, or this is actually part of the story.

It looks far more like Jinder legitimately lost his footing. If the idea was to sell this as a dirty win, you're talking Dana Brooke levels of incompetence. I don't think it was intended to be a disputed finish.

Mahonay

Banned
I think they are in a round-about way. I do not think Vince thinks he can retain interest in the division without Becky or Charlotte in the mix, but I think he wants a heel to get the title while keeping the case around for a while.
It's SummerSlam. You're supposed to put your top talent on the card.

Angry Grimace

It's SummerSlam. You're supposed to put your top talent on the card.
There's only so many multi-man matches you can actually run.

I mean, I don't disagree but I think its a very tough sell to argue Becky Lynch or Charlotte are anything close to being not-over or buried (even when Becky takes clean losses, but Natalya has almost no credibility so I don't really have a problem with that). It's mostly just a numbers game that 85% of the roster are male wrestlers.

Draxal

What a weird thing to get upset about.

Some of you can't survive as a fan with out finding the most random details to shit on Meltzer for.

Iunno, its because i'm a huge football fan, but I'm just kinda feeling guilty for watching a sport where wrestlers/players are consistently cutting their lives short. Not calling anybody out here, I just think Meltzer is very guilty of playing both sides.

Literally no one cares about Naomi vs Natalya. It is bad booking.

Giving Naomi the title at Wrestlemania was a huge mistake.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Fam save me. A girl I am sort of seeing is a vegetarian (there is nothing wrong with that), but she just said this: "You can't stop violence if you eat violence" then went on a mad one about people wanting to stop violence eating meat.....

jC6K4gi.gif

Brie was on the most recent episode (ep 10) of the From The Top Rope podcast. Highlight: Brie has given Bryan the green light to return to the wrestling ring.

Direct quote from her: 'If WWE doesn't allow it then go somewhere else'

ed: I see it's already been discussed. One time Internet's out and I'm late :<

Hex

Banned
Shibata is on another level of fucked up.

Dammit, here I thought I was getting my spotlight.

Yeah, not sure why people are making Shibata jokes or acting like Shibata is rushing back.

His backstage interview :
“Well… if you ask if I’m okay, then I don’t know how to answer. But I’m alive. After that match, I was on my way going back to the dressing room, when I fell. Today, I could stood up on my own feet. I’m looking ahead. I know that it will take much time, but I’ll do the best that I can; I will fight for it. That’s all that I can say now. But I will keep trying to see you guys again in a better condition. That’s it. Thank you.”

Everyone is so quick to try and stir shit up, when there is nothing there.
Bryan? Who knows.
It is their word against his, I do not see why they would leave money on the table when he would be a huge plus to have active.
So I kind of am inclined to believe WWE.
If he wants to run and put it on the line, New Japan may not be the best place for him.

Top Bottom