• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
#safe :(
73d61fc1ea96fc38d8a2.jpeg

Bronx-Man

Banned
Has anyone had a worse week career-wise (that didn't involve injury) than Corbin? Dude's gone from Mr. MITB to probably canned by Friday.

Corbin is moving to Raw with Cena. This ain’t over....right? RIGHT? I’m still in denial about this burial, but he only took one damn AA. Cena hits that move at least 3 times per PPV match these days.

Disagree. The Kobe and Fukushima shows are thoroughly uninteresting. The Hiroshima show and KOPW should be great though.

The Heavyweight tag booking is so fucking lazy. But that's par for the course I guess.

Fukushima I can see being not that special, but Main Event Juice is going to be incredible and worth that whole Kobe show alone

Corbin is moving to Raw with Cena. This ain’t over....right? RIGHT? I’m still in denial about this burial, but he only took one damn AA. Cena hits that move at least 3 times per PPV match these days.
funny thing is the last time he and corbin fought in january corbin lost to one aa too which stood out strongly then too because generally everyone kicks out to at least one

Even Ho Ho Lun knows his debut match sucked. (link)

“I was a little bit upset afterwards, I felt it’s not the best match I’ve done. American style is totally different, so that first match is very nervous for me.”

He wanted the ground to swallow him up.

“I see it on my Twitter – ‘Ho Ho sucks’. I said, ‘Yeah, I know’. It breaks your heart but I know it’s true. If I’m reviewing that match, I’d type the same thing on my Twitter.

He was also given generic garbage music to replace his distinctive stuff too.

In the last few weeks he's been made to look a geek in every conceivable way.

It took Henry a looooooooooooooooong time to "get" pro wrestling. Props to the guy for helping others. Never heard a bad thing said about the dude

Fukushima I can see being not that special, but Main Event Juice is going to be incredible and worth that whole Kobe show alone

Juice va Omega was a pretty good match with a really great out of nowhere finish the first time.

I'm expecting it to be great the second time, but one great match does not make for a great show.

dream

This is from a few days ago, and got lost in the deluge of mainstream media articles on Jinder. But it's yet another great piece that shows why Jinder really is poised to be the future of the company.

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/08/1...reat-calgarys-jinder-mahal-is-the-face-of-wwe

Some choice quotes:

On Friday, Dhesi, who is better known to wrestling fans as Jinder Mahal, was sitting in a packed room in a hotel in Brooklyn, filled with journalists from 15 different countries. He was there with his WWE championship belt in hand, the result of years of hard work and a never-quit attitude.

“As the WWE champion, you're the face of the company,” Mahal said. “I look at things totally differently now. Every live event, I'm asking the marketing rep what the gate was, what the attendance was, what it was last time we were here ... I ask about my merchandise sales... From a business point of view, I'm a lot different. And obviously, the media that I've been doing has increased quite a bit, which I enjoy because ultimately, the more media I do, the bigger my brand becomes and, ultimately, the more value I am to WWE."

“I know Canada's very proud. I'm from Calgary, but all of Canada is very proud. Interesting note, Smackdown followed Raw (also in Toronto one night earlier), and I had asked about the attendance, and we weren't that far off from Raw, which is big because sometimes Smackdown is significantly lower."

It's really hard to convey just how big Jinder really is outside of the US.

This is from a few days ago, and got lost in the deluge of mainstream media articles on Jinder. But it's yet another great piece that shows why Jinder really is poised to be the future of the company.

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/08/1...reat-calgarys-jinder-mahal-is-the-face-of-wwe

It's really hard to convey just how big Jinder really is outside of the US.

His matches still suck and his promo is the same one every week.

I don't think he's the future of the company and I don't think wwf is going to make much money off him.

Has he moved the needle on network numbers in canada?

Top Bottom