• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

At least there's an easy way to book yourself out of an Asuka injury. Have her come out on NXT TV next taping and do the nobody can beat Asuka bit, have her leave the title and disappear saying she's beat everyone.

Mae Young tournament final is for the vacant title

When she's ready to come back, either she can come back and challenge the champion or go up to TV undefeated

I watched Raw... I should've just stuck to clips. Hopefully they use this apparent injury to keep Asuka from losing the NXT women's title by actually losing a match, I was against the idea of it being done this way and would've preferred Ember winning but after considering a potential alternative with Asuka still having it I think I'd prefer she being forced to relinquish it now.

You know, with these pipe dream India and China pushes, I feel like WWE is really neglecting a very obvious marketplace: Brazil.

I know between 200 million Brazilians and 1.3 billion Indians they see "1 BILLION WWE FANS!?" for India but that's just delusional and never going to happen. Brazil has a big sporting fanbase, including a huge MMA fanbase you could probably tap into, and they seem very devoted to their sports heroes and are all over that social media WWE loves so much.

They have one Brazilian girl training at the Performance Center, Taynara Conti, and I have noticed that if she is ever in a video on WWE's youtube, even in a small role, the comments are flooded with Portuguese messages. Same with that Cezar Bonani fellow who has only really been a jobber so far. It seems like that "huge foreign following" they're trying to do with Jinder in India could be done with extreme ease with a Brazilian star. They really should go down there with some tryouts and hire a pile of Brazilian athletes, like they did with China.

Can you make money with a tour, or Network subscriptions? I have no idea, but it seems like an untapped marketplace.
Brazilian fans are batshit crazy though you would think WWE would be interested in that market more.

She's not Brazilian but did WWE end up signing Katya Kavaleva to a development deal?

Does Steph think that smile doesn't look in any way sinister? ��
Who thought this vignette was a good idea? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWtXAtGJ4JQ
I'm pretty sure the whole Seven thing was one of those gimmicks that got Russo sent home the first time... Or was it the second time?
If Asuka really is injured, would be pretty crazy considering Asuka injured Ember (for real) awhile ago.

Maybe Ember went into business for herself.

Nah, they're BFFs IRL. Ember was the only person at this PC Asuka knew when she joined two years ago.

GunBR

The beach Ball "problem" is not because RAW was boring, but because wrestling fans are the worst sometimes. They always need to show to the world "hey, stop looking to the ring and look at us"

It's just like the What chant. Only this year we already had a bunch of great promos that got ruined by the what chants

Aiii

So not worth it
The beach Ball "problem" is not because RAW was boring, but because wrestling fans are the worst sometimes. They always need to show to the world "hey, stop looking to the ring and look at us"

It's just like the What chant. Only this year we already had a bunch of great promos that got ruined by the what chants

I'm glad people like this weren't around during the boom period. Can you imagine how shitty wrestling would have been if we had cunts complaining about "the fans are throwing trash at Hogan and the others and completely ruining this segment. Can't they just enjoy the show and not make it about themselves."

I'm very happy I got to experience a time in wrestling when crowds were allowed to have fun and not get scrutinized for doing a wave or bouncing beach ball on the Raw after Summerfest for not "respecting" the wrestlers. gtfo.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
was browsing the page half asleep earlier, something happened to Asuka? Injury?

This is how the streak ends? with a fucking injury? :/

Is comparing a beach ball to the trash throwing the same? Waves and beach balls can be distrzcting, just like the see of signs we used to see. The trash throwing usually only happened at the close of a match or ppv.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
was browsing the page half asleep earlier, something happened to Asuka? Injury?

This is how the streak ends? with a fucking injury? :/
Broken collarbone. She rarely fights on NXT TV anyways and she should be ready for the TakeOver in November.

But I'm guessing she was due for a call up before this.

Bert409

cwI1JF8rGatJINEdQuGGyFgN-KU=.gif

Rimfya

Banned
Watched the Miz promo on YouTube. It's fun, but everyone involved in the ring, and backstage, knew that that promo would get that exact reaction. So everyone got worked.

Which makes you wonder, how messed up they are that they know exactly what the fans would be into, so much so that they can craft a perfect promo around it, but never, ever actually do the things that fans would be into.

Which makes you wonder, how messed up they are that they know exactly what the fans would be into, so much so that they can craft a perfect promo around it, but never, ever actually do the things that fans would be into.

This wouldn't be the firs time they've had a promo that was almost exactly what fans thought. Remember when Shane came back and dropped a very similar fan promo?

Oh yeah, meant to type up my thoughts about ROH Edinburgh. Overall, LiJ and Bullet Club could do no wrong in the crowd's eyes and the CMLL people had a wee bit of trouble with the crowd.

Kenny King beat Bodom and Cabana (there due to his show at the Fringe), was a good opener, crowd were very into it. Bodom had a lot of heat with the crowd.

Ultimo Guerrero and Rey Bucanero had an uphill battle since the crowd were initially pro-Briscoes (bleugh), but they done a really good job working the crowd and getting them on their side, which was good to see. Guerrero won and they teased unease amongst the Briscoes.

EVIL got a very good response coming out against Bully Ray, who was also pretty popular. EVIL was definitely the more popular during the match, with Ray playing the heel. The finish was a bit shit though, since he just used Bubba's chain in front of the ref. Bubba cut a face promo afterwards to the crowd's respect. He noted how they were booing him during the match but cheered him at the end, prompting a 'we are fickle' chant. Bubba gave half a broken table to a wee kid though, so he's hardly gonna get booed now is he?

LiJ against KUSHIDA, Mistico and Titan. LiJ were so fucking over, and not just Naito. Sanada and BUSHI also got a good response from the crowd. I was concerned that Naito would have overshadowed them, but I didn't need to worry. KUSHIDA got a bit fucked over by the crowd due to Kenny Williams existing, some twats chanted "You're just a shite Kenny Williams", but luckily that got drowned out by "Kushida is the bollocks" afterwards, which put an end to any Kushida/Kenny chants at the start of the match luckily.

Naito had a lot of hilarious tranquilo spots. He made the ref do the whole sit on the ropes thing, bullying the ref to do it right, but he just rolled under the bottom rope instead. That set the tone for how he handled the match, he just needed to act like Naito and the crowd were in the palm of his hands. Sanada got a really big pop for taking his shirt off, while Bushi used his to choke out Titan. This prompted the crowd to tell Naito for 'taps aaf'. But yeah, the crowd barely cared about Mistico or Titan, hell, they only cared about Mistico because a couple thought it was original Sin Cara. But yeah, they just heeled on the crowd, middle fingers etc. Naito hit the Destino for a big pop.

Takahashi vs Haskins was a lot of fun. For the 3rd time in a row, LiJ was massively over. These two worked well together and it was a really good match. Hiromu won with the Time Bomb. There was a Daryl in the front row as well that Hiromu spotted, so the fist bump got a big pop.

Young Bucks were perhaps the closest to being as over as LiJ, and for the first time in my life, I heard chants in support of Hangman Page. That was an odd experience. This was a really good match, with a lot of big spots as you'd expect from these guys. Double Meltzer Driver and the crowd were really into it, very glad we got a title change on the show.

Cody & Marty got a big response as well against the Addiction, who went for cheap heat, talking about how Piper wasn't really Scottish etc. Wasn't an outstanding match, but they played the crowd well and it was fun.

Silas Young and Jay Lethal got really fucked over by the booking. Going on last after the crowd was spent themselves on LiJ and Bullet Club didn't help, nor did the match going on for as long as it did. Due to the venue's location, a fair number of people left to get home early as well. So I felt really bad for them as a result, it wasn't their fault. They still worked a good match, with some sick bumps. Silas won with a top rope move through a table, but both guys looked really banged up afterwards. I'd say they deserved better from the crowd, but that's on RoH for how they booked the show. Had they cut a few minutes from the match, and put it on before the Bucks or Cody, the crowd would have been all over it for sure.

But yeah, an enjoyable show that was worth the price of admission, a lot of fun. Hopefully RoH come to Glasgow next time around though, getting home from Edinburgh was a pain.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
did she break her collorbone vs Ember or was there a houseshow after Takeover?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Meltzer is losing it over Raw showing the beach ball on TV.

Also he says Roman / Lesnar is back on for WM.

Went to the house show last night in Albany, needless to say it was much better than Raw. A fun tag match with Owens/Rusev vs. AJ/Sami, Nakamura vs. Corbin, and Mahal vs. Orton in a Last Man Standing match as the main. Good stuff, hype crowd, overall good fun.

I say this every time, but watching Matt Hardy wrestle is painful. He just looks so uncomfortable the entire time he is moving. He's not far off from Undertaker pace.

Top Bottom