• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Barrykaveli plz

ixhTW5j.gif
That spot was cool the first time Cena did it but then it got repeated way too damn much over the course of a single month.
If you have time please read this, it shows how much the workers are fans of the work itself. Brilliant write up by Mick.

13901600_1364118666951601_650723887916834621_n.png

https://www.facebook.com/RealMickFoley/posts/1364118666951601:0

It was a great moment but dammit it should've happened at WrestleMania. I do hope Sasha stops nearly killing herself or almost breaking something on dives.

Recall

That spot was cool the first time Cena did it but then it got repeated way too damn much over the course of a single month.

It was a great moment but dammit it should've happened at WrestleMania. I do hope Sasha stops nearly killing herself or almost breaking something on dives.

Why at Wrestlemania?

Why can't cool shit happen more often than once a year?

G1 Climax results (spoilers)

YOSHI-HASHI upset Nakajima in a great match

Elgin beat Nagata in a fun match

Shibata got YANOWNED...AGAIN!

Omega vs. EVIL was okay. Omega won.

Naito vs. Honma was MOTN. Great near falls and you really bought into the Honma upset. Naito is still Tranquilo though

Log Jam at the top of block B, 6 wrestlers tied with 6 points.

Sounds like I missed a crazy show at PROGRESS yesterday. Looking forward to catching up next week.

Need to remember Global Wars tickets as well, though I'm not fussed about Honma

Homna is having a great tourney from what I have watched

Anyone prefer the old G1 format. Iys too easy to get back logged. I'd prefer less days spread out instead of constant shows

Kurita

Why at Wrestlemania?

Why can't cool shit happen more often than once a year?

Fans :
"Breh, what's the point of this B-Tier PPV or that RAW? Nothing ever happens"

"DUDE, why did they waste this cool moment on a B-Tier PPV or during RAW????!!!!"

ICW had a shit draw in the Manchester venue PROGRESS use, now they're running the venue in Newcastle that WCPW just broke the attendance record for. Not a fan of them stepping on other promotion's toes, so no sympy when it goes tits up.

Sounds like I missed a crazy show at PROGRESS yesterday. Looking forward to catching up next week.

Yeah, it was good fun, although not as great as it looked on paper - lots of storyline stuff, which rubbed a few the wrong way.

Anyone prefer the old G1 format. Iys too easy to get back logged. I'd prefer less days spread out instead of constant shows

Yeah, I preferred having fewer shows with nothing but block matches, but it wasn't great for the talent. They prefer it this way, apparently, plus there's also less travelling this year (last year they went really further afield).

Sephzilla

Fans :

"DUDE, why did they waste this cool moment on a B-Tier PPV or during RAW????!!!!"

Having a huge title change that involved the longest active singles champion in the company on a Raw and because Charlotte didn't feel like waiting a few more weeks to drop the belt seems like a waste. But whatever, it happened and was cool.

If you have time please read this, it shows how much the workers are fans of the work itself. Brilliant write up by Mick.

13901600_1364118666951601_650723887916834621_n.png

https://www.facebook.com/RealMickFoley/posts/1364118666951601:0
Damn, that was a great read. I love stuff like this.

Im hyped for RAW tonight to see all the other storylines start to develop so we get a better picture of Summerslam. Brock is at RAW tonight, right? Is Heyman gonna be there with him? That will make or break any interest I have in the build up of the Brock v Randy match (not too interested in the actual match anyway)

Sephzilla

GAF movie threads are really becoming the worst (this applies to the internet as a whole). Any movie that comes out, gets good reviews, and positive word of mouth inevitably becomes trash a week later

Zach

Maybe the second best Royal Rumble show, even with the general slogginess of the Rumble itself, the bikini contest thing, and Lawler repeatedly calling Kaientai Chinese.

Aiii

So not worth it
GAF movie threads are really becoming the worst (this applies to the internet as a whole). Any movie that comes out, gets good reviews, and positive word of mouth inevitably becomes trash a week later

TV shows are pretty much the same. Except it takes a few hours at most.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fans :

That's it right there

WWE can't win because its fans want to hate it, but also want to like it.

Browny

Banned

Maybe the second best Royal Rumble show, even with the general slogginess of the Rumble itself, the bikini contest thing, and Lawler repeatedly calling Kaientai Chinese.

Oooooh nearly there. Just No Way Out and then it's The Granddaddy Of Them All!!!!!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dang that No Mans Sky stream was kinda awful. Glad I didn't prepurchase and preload at $60, that's too steep, way too steep.

Another great performance from YOSHI-HASHI, what a G1 he's having. Taking his chances and impressing, unlike Tama.

I thought Tama did alright his first couple matches, but I'm also not caught up. Tama underdelivering on the reg? Good for YOSHI-HASHI, this is his year! The year of the Mankey!

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm genuinely surprised people still had high expectations for NMS, every time they showed footage of the game it seemed more barebones and less interesting to me then the time before. I went from being super pumped to completely indifferent of that game, I think the hype literally killed that game because it went from a 15 bucks game to a AAA title because everyone was suddenly OMG NO MANS SKY IS SOOOOO AWESOME!

Maybe that's just me.

Sephzilla

I'm keeping my expectations low for No Man's Sky. I just want to fly around and explore space. I'm not expecting it to do much else beyond that. Some people have too high of expectations for their kideos.

I'm more excited for NMS than, say, anything Ubisoft has put out in the last decade though.

Sephzilla

Because apparently people really really love Pokemon.

I just don't understand why people insist on cramming everything into November and why everyone seems allergic to releasing games in early summer when kids are out of school and have more free time to buy your games.

Anth0ny

If the cactus/hhh street fight didn't deserve an a, nothing will

You're dead to me zach

Aiii

So not worth it
I just don't understand why people insist on cramming everything into November and why everyone seems allergic to releasing games in early summer when kids are out of school and have more free time to buy your games.

Because mummy and daddy have to pay for vacation in the summer and not video games, those are for christmas.

Sephzilla

uh, why not?

EDIT: oh I see, because you don't want it in november.

Pokemon is one of those franchises that can get away with a November release though, I guess. I get annoyed when some less notable games get put into October/November and then the publisher wonders why the game didn't make any fucking money.

If the cactus/hhh street fight didn't deserve an a, nothing will

You're dead to me zach

The bolded should answer exactly why it didn't warrant an A

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The bolded should answer exactly why it didn't warrant an A

You're missing out on some good matches, seriously. The Triple has done some good work in the past, especially in that Cactus/HHH match. That was a huge turning point.

Sephzilla

You're missing out on some good matches, seriously. The Triple has done some good work in the past, especially in that Cactus/HHH match. That was a huge turning point.

I was being a tad facetious. The Cactus/HHH match is basically the genesis of HHH's only really great period with the company in my opinion.

I'm still salty because I wanted Cactus to win :(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was being a tad facetious. The Cactus/HHH match is basically the genesis of HHH's only really great period with the company in my opinion.

I'm still salty because I wanted Cactus to win :(

Wins and losses don't matter

Aiii

So not worth it
Wins and losses don't matter

Yes they do, even Stephanie realised this when talking about UFC, but failed to make the connection between that just because you can script a match, that doesn't mean 50/50 booking is the way to make everyone a star. Instead they just end up making nobody a star instead.

Top Bottom