• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Sephzilla

Here's a shoot. I really don't have many issues with Triple H as a wrestler.

Triple H as a wrestler honestly got better after he got older. When he was younger he was basically trying to do old school methodical wrestling, but at a pace that didn't work for that style. Once he became Old Man Hunter his body finally slowed down to match the style he wrestled.

Zach

I'm sad that we never got the mid-card dream team stable of Triple H, Shane Douglas, and Double J. They could've wreaked havoc on the likes of Hardcore Holly and the Headbangers. : (

Kaladin

Hey yo.

It's time for a survey.

Okay how many people want to see Smackdown Live?

And how many people want to see Monday Night Raw?

Looks like another one for the good guys.

ec08eace-6265-4e76-a16f-4bb9c34891cf.gif

Dang that No Mans Sky stream was kinda awful. Glad I didn't prepurchase and preload at $60, that's too steep, way too steep.

I thought Tama did alright his first couple matches, but I'm also not caught up. Tama underdelivering on the reg? Good for YOSHI-HASHI, this is his year! The year of the Mankey!

Tama's just not over at all. The crowd isn't getting behind him very much, they were dead silent when he faced Ishii and even more dead silent when he beat him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Tama's just not over at all. The crowd isn't getting behind him very much, they were dead silent when he faced Ishii and even more dead silent when he beat him.

I wonder if him being in NJPW so long is hurting him at this point. Needs some time away. He's got a great look. Just needs to cut his teeth on something else and get a little different character evolution.

I think Bullet Club did nothing good for him, as he was always in Weenie Tier on BC terms.

I think bringing in his brother was a mistake, it killed his momentum from the good multi-man tag performances he'd been putting in previously. Fale & Tonga would've been a better team, tbh.

Tom Nook

That new thread.

Summer slam so far.

Special Inter-promotional match
Randy Orton vs. Brock Lesnar

Women's Title (RAW)
Sasha Banks (c) vs. Charlotte

WWE Universal Title (RAW)
Finn Balor vs. Seth Rollins

WWE World Heavyweight Title (SD)
Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

Prediction matches

Tag Team Title
New Day (c) vs SWAFT OR the CLUB (RAW)

Becky vs Nata (SD)

Triple threat match for US Title (RAW)
KO vs Zayn vs Rusev

IC Title (SD)
MIZ vs Ryder OR Crews

That new thread.

Summer slam so far.

Special Inter-promotional match
Randy Orton vs. Brock Lesnar

Women's Title (RAW)
Sasha Banks (c) vs. Charlotte

WWE Universal Title (RAW)
Finn Balor vs. Seth Rollins

WWE World Heavyweight Title (SD)
Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

Prediction matches

Tag Team Title
New Day (c) vs SWAFT OR the CLUB (RAW)

Becky vs Nata (SD)

Triple threat match for US Title (RAW)
KO vs Zayn vs Rusev

IC Title (SD)
MIZ vs Ryder OR Crews
Give it to The Club and make em look strong for a short while before eventually dropping it to Enzo & Cass

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think bringing in his brother was a mistake, it killed his momentum from the good multi-man tag performances he'd been putting in previously. Fale & Tonga would've been a better team, tbh.

I agree with that - Fale and Tonga would be a great natural fit. Dammit! That said, I think the length of time the BC went on hurt him. Initially it was good for him but it got long in the tooth, and he wasn't showing movement based on how he was appearing in the group, despite him getting really quite good on his own from a wrestling standpoint.

Fale's finally figured out how he should wrestle. Took a while, with glimmers of good things in certain matchups, but now he's got it down pat. Just needs good opponents.

I agree with that - Fale and Tonga would be a great natural fit. Dammit! That said, I think the length of time the BC went on hurt him. Initially it was good for him but it got long in the tooth, and he wasn't showing movement based on how he was appearing in the group, despite him getting really quite good on his own from a wrestling standpoint.

Fale's finally figured out how he should wrestle. Took a while, with glimmers of good things in certain matchups, but now he's got it down pat. Just needs good opponents.

I'm just waiting for Fale to kick Omega & The Bucks out of the club. It never seemed like Fale got behind Omega as leader, plus with Kenny & The Bucks calling themselves the.ELITE I could definitely see the faction splitting in two. Maybe get rid of a few superfluous members in the process.

Omega & The Bucks vs Fale, Tonga & Yujiro doesn't sound too bad to me.

klonere

Banned

Fale has been way more impressive than Tonga this G1. He's got his big man stuff down pat and his matches are always a lot of fun.

Ya'll said they should sign more real athletes, football players and all that instead of video game playing marks

how about a former football player who is a video game playing weeb mark family man then?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just waiting for Fale to kick Omega & The Bucks out of the club. It never seemed like Fale got behind Omega as leader, plus with Kenny & The Bucks calling themselves the.ELITE I could definitely see the faction splitting in two. Maybe get rid of a few superfluous members in the process.

Omega & The Bucks vs Fale, Tonga & Yujiro doesn't sound too bad to me.

It'd be a different matchup. Of course, Yujiro will accidentally paralyze one of them...

I think Fale has enough presence about him to do something like that, too. I'm still not sure why the Bucks are in NJPW much at all. I get the weird feeling like its time for them to settle down, but they still make a LOT of money where they are right now. They gotta be wanting stability.

Recall

Here's a shoot. I really don't have many issues with Triple H as a wrestler.

2002 to 2005 he was the most annoying member of the roster. He won everything, buried everyone else and took up too much time on TV.

He has an ego, a massive one BUT it can be said he has offered plenty in return too.

There are no redeemable qualities about 2003 Triple H. None.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Did You Know: The WWE Network went from missing over a decade of RAW at the beginning of this year to only missing four years of it? 2008,2009,2010,2011,

I never thought they'd be complete by the end of the year but they probably will be!

Recall

If the cactus/hhh street fight didn't deserve an a, nothing will

You're dead to me zach

Best Tables match to ever grace a PPV too. It may have evolved in to TLC but something simply billed as a tables match has never come close.

Backlash 2000 rating will be interesting to see.

jmdajr

Did You Know: The WWE Network went from missing over a decade of RAW at the beginning of this year to only missing four years of it? 2008,2009,2010,2011,

I never thought they'd be complete by the end of the year but they probably will be!

wow really? I didn't think they had gotten that far.

Kaladin

They finally got to adding that ~45 minute Cena vs HBK epic from 2007 that is still one of the best matches in the last decade of Raw.

Nisa65

Just got back from the show in Takamatsu. Pretty fun show overall with some really good matches in the second half. Thought Naito v Honma was brilliant as did the whole crowd judging from their reactions throughout the match. They were very much in love with Naito at the beginning but then ended up being 100% behind Honma in the later parts of the match. Naito seems way more popular than he was at last year's G1 show here. I went to buy his shirt at the end but it was completely sold out. Ended up with Omega's shirt instead.

I was a bit worried that the crowd wasn't going to make much of a noise through the whole show as they were dead for most of the first few throw away tag matches. Bullet Club didn't get much of a reaction at all (Fale seems to still be incredibly sloppy despite being with the company for quite a few years now). Thankfully things picked up once Okada and Tanahashi showed up.

I noticed that Elgin seems to be getting over quite well with the crowds here now as well which was nice to see.

As usual I took quite a few pics (missed the Yano/Shibata finish as a result :/).

Do you work for wwe? With your did you know stuff?

klonere

Banned
Great photos!

Tana looking OLD though. He's aged 10 years in the last few months. Body is catching up with him sadly.

Tom Nook

NFL Defense (WWE Edition)

DE: Titus O Neil
DT: Ron Simmons,
DT: Reigns, Mojo
DE: Mojo, The Rock

LB: Goldberg, Pillman, Monty Brown

NFL Offense linemen (WWE Edition) any QB would be proud to have.

OT: Marcellus Black,
OG: Luger
C: Vader
OG: Baron Corbin
OT: JBL, Mongo

Top Bottom