• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
More to come, under construction.

Breaking: 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper Dead at 61
20150727_SummerSlam_LIGHT_HP.jpg

WWE

A short recap,

Seth went shoot:
3WDqFzw.gif

New Day rocks:
EgYEgi6.gif

Dogs are frightened of birds:
KEkvTsM.gif

#payingdues
hkaXwtu.gif

Lucha Underground: Where Jaguars are spirit animals to pumas, the Aztecs have a belt for some reason and immortality is a match away.

PnhmiTB.gif

TNA/Impact "this is" Wrestling: Dying a slow death, will probably end in September.

Taylor Swift: You may be wondering the relevance of Taylor Swift in a wrasslin thread, but given the fact that Kid Rock has turned down the opportunity to perform live at WM32 the opportunity has never been more ripe for the national treasure and all American, bad blood sweet heart to perform at the grandest event ever to grace the squared circle and so with that said here are her tour dates as requested by Vylash for this month:

Tuesday 08.04.15 6:00 PM, THE 1989 WORLD TOUR Taylor Swift, Vance Joy
Rexall Place Edmonton, AB, CA

Wednesday 08.05.15 6:00 PM, THE 1989 WORLD TOUR Taylor Swift, Vance Joy
Rexall Place Edmonton, AB, CA

Saturday 08.08.15 5:00 PM, THE 1989 WORLD TOUR Taylor Swift, Vance Joy, Shawn Mendes
CenturyLink Field Seattle, WA, US

Friday 08.14.15 5:00 PM The 1989 World Tour Taylor Swift, Vance Joy, Shawn Mendes
Levi's Stadium Santa Clara, CA, US

Saturday 08.15.15 5:00 PM THE 1989 WORLD TOUR Taylor Swift, Vance Joy, Shawn Mendes
Levi's Stadium Santa Clara, CA, US

Monday 08.17.15 6:00 PM
THE 1989 WORLD TOUR Taylor Swift, Vance Joy
Gila River Arena Glendale, AZ, US

Tuesday 08.18.15 6:00 PM THE 1989 WORLD TOUR Taylor Swift, Vance Joy
Gila River Arena Glendale, AZ, US

Friday 08.21.15 6:00 PM, THE 1989 WORLD TOUR Taylor Swift, HAIM, Vance Joy
Staples Center Los Angeles, CA, US

Saturday 08.22.15 6:00 PM, THE 1989 WORLD TOUR Taylor Swift, HAIM, Vance Joy

Monday 08.24.15 6:00 PM, THE 1989 WORLD TOUR Taylor Swift, HAIM, Vance Joy

Tuesday 08.25.15 6:00 PM THE 1989 WORLD TOUR Taylor Swift, HAIM, Vance Joy

Wednesday 08.26.15 6:00 PM, THE 1989 WORLD TOUR Taylor Swift, HAIM, Vance Joy

Saturday 08.29.15 5:00 PM, THE 1989 WORLD TOUR Taylor Swift, Vance Joy, Shawn Mendes
PETCO Park San Diego, CA, US

AG5kPPS.jpg

Triplemania XXIII (August 9, 2015)
Currently announced matches:

Daga, Mamba, Mini Psycho Clown and Sexy Star vs. Dinastía, Drago, Goya Kong and Pimpinela Escarlata (Relevos Atómicos de Locura match)
Los Hell Brothers (Averno, Chessman and Cibernético) (c) vs. Fénix and Los Güeros del Cielo (Angélico and Jack Evans) vs. El Hijo del Fantasma, Pentagón Jr. and El Texano Jr. (Three-way six-man tag team match for the AAA World Trios Championship)
Los Psycho Circus (Monster Clown, Murder Clown and Psycho Clown) vs. Los Villanos (Villano III, Villano IV and Villano V) (Six-man tag team match)
Blue Demon Jr. and La Parka vs. Electroshock and El Mesias (Tag team match)
El Patrón Alberto vs. Brian Cage (Lucha de Apuestas; hair vs. hair match)
Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Myzteziz (The "Dream" Match)

Wub4gDa.jpg

PWG's Battle of Los Angeles (BOLA)
Current announced matches so far:

Battle of Los Angeles, Night 1 (Friday, August 28):

- Brian Cage vs. Aero Star
- Andrew Everett vs. Biff Busick
- William Ospreay vs. Mark Andrews
- Trevor Lee vs. Trent?
- Drago vs. Pentagón Jr.
- Matt Sydal vs. Fénix
- Non-tournament match: Inner City Machine Guns (Ricochet & Rich Swann) vs. Angélico & Jack Evans
- Non-tournament match: Tommy End, Marty Scurll & Zack Sabre, Jr. vs. The Young Bucks & Roderick Strong

Battle of Los Angeles, Night 2 (Saturday, August 29):

- Rich Swann vs. Marty Scurll
- Chris Hero vs. Timothy Thatcher
- Drew Gulak vs. Tommy End
- Angélico vs. Jack Evans
- Mike Bailey vs. Drew Galloway
- Ricochet vs. Zack Sabre, Jr.
- Non-tournament match: Fénix & Aero Star vs. Pentagón Jr. & Drago
- Guerrilla Warfare non-tournament match: Andrew Everett, Biff Busick & Trevor Lee vs. The Young Bucks & Super Dragon

uiUgPaG.png

G1

Official Thread

Current Rankings:

Block A:
1) Ittetu Wakamoto (6 points, 3-1)
1) Masahiko Hatanaka (6 points, 3-1)
1) Gigaton Joe (6 points, 3-1)
4) Vince Von Trap (4 points, 2-2)
4) Kazuki Makurada (4 points, 2-2)
4) Katsushi Okita (4 points, 2-2)
4) Doran Otowa (4 points, 2-2)
8) Shuuji Harasawa (2 points, 1-3)
8) Jintaro Iga (2 points, 1-3)
8) Baron Von Aaron (2 points, 1-3)

Block B
1) Nobuhiro Kawamoto (6 points, 3-0)
1) Hisashi Kinjoh(6 points, 3-0)
3) Grabby Gussom (4 points, 2-1)
3) Gyuukaku Izumiy (4 points, 2-1)
5) Roots Genoa (2 points, 1-2)
5) Yujiro Sakata (2 points, 1-2)
5) Satoru Kijima (2 points, 1-2)
5) Shinsuke Nakamura (2 points, 1-2)
5) Shoji Andoh (2 points, 1-2)
8) Toui Ishihara (0 points, 0-3)

Be a ☆:
Guys, I've been a member of this community for a long time and even I think this is getting a bit tiresome. I can't tell if people are posting in character (ahem) or if people legitimately feel strongly about wrestler body types, but we need to tone it down a little. I read through just OT2 and found a really high number of posts just complaining about one person in particular. I think the mods that read/post in the thread have been pretty supportive of the community over the past few years and you guys largely post without people interrupting you (I can only think of one time in the past when I've stepped in, and it was due to people constantly posting NSFW images of the divas).

I am going to ask that we control ourselves when it comes to commenting on who we feel is or is not fat/out of shape. I don't think other negative commentary needs to be controlled at this point, so continue shitting on the WWE for being shitty. But I think the constant fat fat fat posts not are only unfunny at this point (unlike Scott Steiner) and a little overboard but actually might be demeaning or hurtful to some posters who actually are a part of wrestleGAF and enjoy posting here.

If anyone has any questions on whether or not they should or should not post something, feel free to send me a PM. If anyone feels any poster is posting with excessively mean spirits or is just a douche in general, please PM me and I'll deal with it. This is a good community with a strong following and it doesn't need to be corroded from the inside. Thanks.
Sandow Appreciation Day sponsored by Noelle Foley:

e9zmjCR.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Did you misspell the title? Sunday of Summer?

RIP Damien Sandow

Foley publicly said the company needs to appreciate him, and with that his TV career is essentially done

Also RIP TNA

Menome

Got to head to bed, but before I go:

1.) Who was that blonde woman-wrestler in the gif on the short-lived OT?

2.) Love you Plywood :)

TL21xx

Banned
(Could I suggest we put Kev's warning in the OP just to make sure everyone else gets it?)

Seconded, I like this community and don't want to see it combust over stupidity.

On Topic: I need more Cesaro in my life. That article on the website has me fully convinced that he's the nicest guy in the industry.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just heard "KILL WHITEY" during DX's "invasion" of WCW.

Savitar

Seconded, I like this community and don't want to see it combust over stupidity.

On Topic: I need more Cesaro in my life. That article on the website has me fully convinced that he's the nicest guy in the industry.

Thirded.

Mainly because some people really need to know it.

klonere in 2020: "This is the year Rusev gets back in the main event picture"

a week later: "We would like to wish Rusev the best of luck in all his future endeavors" - WWE

a week later: "We would like to wish Rusev the best of luck in all his future endeavors" - WWE
Well he didn't specify what company Rusev would be main eventing, and I'm positive TNA will still be "dying" in 2020

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn Chyna was good in 1999. Aggressively going after dudes. I like it.

klonere

Banned

Hey if Rusev can get a cheque from this company for the next 4 and a half years he'd probably be doing pretty well.

And hopefully managed to keep his relationship with Lana together

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What about if it's directly related to the NXT or WWE content?

Like with the recent bullfit story

If you have specifics to ask, feel free to ask Y2Kev via PM. I did ask about some specifics regarding Dempsey, etc - it's just...Owens' ribbing, even though he couldn't feel it, was a little mean-spirited.

Raw64life

tumblr_nn72m8xLjM1rg89a6o1_1280.jpg

They're going fast :\

Says natural causes. Wasn't he just in a podcast beef with Austin like a week ago? Seemed fine to me.

Top Bottom