• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dryk

These posts are making me feel better about ordering an adapter bundle from EB and having to wait until Wed/Thurs for it to arrive in the mail. A JB one would've been here much sooner but that's what I get for not preordering there before they sold out I guess

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Smashing now, gonna get a friend pick me up an adaptor from nintendo hq this week. Wii u pro pad will do for now

I never liked Smash Bros. It seems incredibly stupid to me.

20141129_131601o6k0m.jpg

Missed out on a Zelda figurine :(

HolyCheck

I never liked Smash Bros. It seems incredibly stupid to me.

20141129_131601o6k0m.jpg

Missed out on a Zelda figurine :(

yeah to be fair i've probably spent more time in my life following the smash dojo then i have playing smash bros.

but ive got mates who hammer out smash 64 all the time, and are excited for this, so i want to be atleast ableto face them. i dont even bother playing them in 64 its a demoltion

liek this
3UB8T1R.jpg

Shaneus

Huh, thought AusGAF was being quiet recently.

Anyone here own a Pebble smartwatch? Thinking about getting one, and them's cheap at DSE right now.

Huh, thought AusGAF was being quiet recently.

Anyone here own a Pebble smartwatch? Thinking about getting one, and them's cheap at DSE right now.

They're a decent time. There are a bunch of nice watch faces to choose from, and the thing that sets it apart from the other smartwatches (despite being one of the first) is the battery life, which can reach around a week.

It can also show you your texts, emails, and who's calling, as well as other notifications. Also, if you run at all, the RunKeeper app (on iPhone, at least) launches a companion app on the Pebble to show your time, distance, and speed, which is great.

On the other hand, it's not unchunky, but it's not too bad. You might also want a screen protector.

But yeah I've worn a Pebble more than I've worn any other watch.

Shaneus

They're a decent time. There are a bunch of nice watch faces to choose from, and the thing that sets it apart from the other smartwatches (despite being one of the first) is the battery life, which can reach around a week.

It can also show you your texts, emails, and who's calling, as well as other notifications. Also, if you run at all, the RunKeeper app (on iPhone, at least) launches a companion app on the Pebble to show your time, distance, and speed, which is great.

On the other hand, it's not unchunky, but it's not too bad. You might also want a screen protector.

But yeah I've worn a Pebble more than I've worn any other watch.
Awesome, sounds like it might be worth the $90. Screen protectors easy enough to come by? In-store or do I have to order online?

Awesome, sounds like it might be worth the $90. Screen protectors easy enough to come by? In-store or do I have to order online?

Online. To be fair, I don't have one after over a year, and the scratches aren't too bad, but if you're sensitive to that sorta thing then you might as well. There are sites that sell them as well as alternative straps.

Bernbaum

Jurassic World trailer
Star Wars teaser
Jurassic World trailer
Jurassic World trailer
coffee
Star Wars teaser
Jurassic World trailer
Star Wars teaser
breakfast
Jurassic World trailer
Jurassic World trailer
Star Wars teaser

HolyCheck

Just went to my local jbhifi to pick up amiibos.

Seems they only got 2 or 3 marths.

Marths where the money is.

Buybuybuy

HolyCheck

No collectibles for me.

Had a few games online before, seems laggy.

dissapointing.

I had a game, 4p, no lag at all it was nice.

training up my amiibo now.

it's reeally satisfying watching him play against the PC, and seeing him do shit that i taught him do.

link keeps throwing bombs like a mad man then charging in ;_;

good stuff darren! where abouts?

Oh god, I just bought a house!!! Guess I'm really staying here now!

Congrats.

dissapointing.

I had a game, 4p, no lag at all it was nice.

training up my amiibo now.

it's reeally satisfying watching him play against the PC, and seeing him do shit that i taught him do.

link keeps throwing bombs like a mad man then charging in ;_;

good stuff darren! where abouts?

Will give it another go tomorrow. I can see 8 player being a party favourite.

N0VAM0D

Decided I would re-join the AusGAF community once a new thread started, and here it is (I haven't posted since like AusGAF 9 wow)! Is that cool with you guys?
pls

trinest

Decided I would re-join the AusGAF community once a new thread started, and here it is (I haven't posted since like AusGAF 9 wow)! Is that cool with you guys?
pls

It's always my plan with a new thread, then it goes to fast and I'm like "nope".

Jintor

Actually in line with our immmigration policies you're going to have to complete a language test.

The language test is in strine

Rahk

Jurassic World trailer
Star Wars teaser
Jurassic World trailer
Jurassic World trailer
coffee
Star Wars teaser
Jurassic World trailer
Star Wars teaser
breakfast
Jurassic World trailer
Jurassic World trailer
Star Wars teaser
Busy morning

Jurassic World trailer was iffy. Not sure if I'll see it now, although it's hard for me to say no to more Chris Pratt!

Star Wars trailer was very well done. Everything looked fantastic in terms of not-cg-as-fuck and the tone gave you just enough substance to make it seem like you knew what was going on. They could very well fuck it up but it's set a nice watermark that most people will expect.

On another note: ate my election snag today even though I voted a week ago (proceeds going to asylum seekers so I kinda had to buy one!) and GTA5 looks amazing in the wet.

hidys

pls

Given your work on my avatar and your love of Radiohead you are always welcome here.

Jintor

The only bit I was super into with the Star Wars trailer was basically all the bits with the ships.

I wonder if they'll use any model shots ever again. It would be nice, but I bet it's going to be CGI from here until Armageddon :(

The only bit I was super into with the Star Wars trailer was basically all the bits with the ships.

I wonder if they'll use any model shots ever again. It would be nice, but I bet it's going to be CGI from here until Armageddon :(

Physical outdoor settings is enough to keep me happy after the prequel trilogy felt like it was 100% shot in a green cube >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom