• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeku

Yeah I went to the 2nd sydney show, totally amazing! I really wanted hear twisted words or pyramid song but they played them on the first night:(

Resilient

I went to the Melbourne show in 2012 and was at the front ;-; greatest day ever

Also long time Aussie and lurker of this thread, sup yall.

N0VAM0D

I went to the Melbourne show in 2012 and was at the front ;-; greatest day ever

Also long time Aussie and lurker of this thread, sup yall.

Mhm, I literally cried when they came on stage. Was at the front, almost dead centre. no shame, no regrets〜

The only bit I was super into with the Star Wars trailer was basically all the bits with the ships.

I wonder if they'll use any model shots ever again. It would be nice, but I bet it's going to be CGI from here until Armageddon :(

I don't know if they'll ever go back to models, but with the Falcon and X-Wings looking like that, I don't need them to. The shot of the X-Wings flying low over the water was great.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
the BCCI is understood to have informed Cricket Australia that the board would be willing to go the extra mile to "speed up the healing process".

"If some of our boys mingling with the Australian players is going to help them get back on track, we will immediately facilitate it," a board insider told ESPNcricinfo.

great work BCCI. you've given permission for the indian players to mingle.

Depends - i have had some success with JB but other times no. More recently i have had good success with the two i ordered this year from them. But then again i am in WA so if your on the east coast you would likely have even higher success rates.

CryptiK

So Cologne was quite boring.. I wont ever holiday there ever but will most likely have to go back. Amsterdam on the other hand was amazing! Bicycles EVERYWHERE is an understatement, they have their own dedicated traffic lights and path for Bicycles and Scooters its great would live there 10/10

And my team and I were the first Australians to win a Match Series at ESL One in Any game :D

Kritz

Banned
9TbAjtr.gif

and also

cDjGvpN.gif

tumblr_l6jc7unXaK1qbsnpmo1_500.jpg

So Cologne was quite boring.. I wont ever holiday there ever but will most likely have to go back. Amsterdam on the other hand was amazing! Bicycles EVERYWHERE is an understatement, they have their own dedicated traffic lights and path for Bicycles and Scooters its great would live there 10/10

And my team and I were the first Australians to win a Match Series at ESL One in Any game :D

Wow congrats!

What game?

Amsterdam is indeed awesome. They have open air urinals at night!

Pure awesome.

I probably wouldn't want to spend a week there but I thought Koln was fine for the couple of days I was there. Then again all I ever did in most cities was explore in random directions on foot from my hostel, hit up museums and large landmarks, and occasionally meet up with gaffers.

So everything I did would probably be considered boring by normal people.

CryptiK

What game?

Amsterdam is indeed awesome. They have open air urinals at night!

Pure awesome.
Unfortunately Battlefield but a free trip was a free trip. We went over one week early intending to bootcamp then found that Koln doesnt have ANY gaming cafe's so we went in with no prac and cam 5th out of 8.

http://www.eslgaming.com/news/top-8-photos-esl-one-battlefield-4-fall-finals
You can see my ugly head here.

Yeah I saw the urinals and was like what the hell are those.. then I guy walks in and starts pissing and I was like oooooh....

Unfortunately Battlefield but a free trip was a free trip. We went over one week early intending to bootcamp then found that Koln doesnt have ANY gaming cafe's so we went in with no prac and cam 5th out of 8.

http://www.eslgaming.com/news/top-8-photos-esl-one-battlefield-4-fall-finals
You can see my ugly head here.

Yeah I saw the urinals and was like what the hell are those.. then I guy walks in and starts pissing and I was like oooooh....

Either way nice work. A free trip would be great, I'm jealous.

They are a god send after a few beers.

I liked the Roman museum and the Dom and the Kolsh in Koln. We did go down into the Rhine Valley and see some sweet castles too so maybe that's why I enjoyed it.

Shaneus

Online. To be fair, I don't have one after over a year, and the scratches aren't too bad, but if you're sensitive to that sorta thing then you might as well. There are sites that sell them as well as alternative straps.
Picked one up, first one I got wouldn't fire up *at all* (charged it for fucking ages, too). Second one I got powered up as soon as I gave it some power, so definitely an issue with the first one.

Loving the hell out of it, too. It's not too big for my wrist, doesn't really look like a smartwatch at first glance and does everything I'd want it to in a very simple fashion.

markot

Banned
Ive had a pebble for like a year. Not a fan.

Watches are so 1789.

Your phone is literally next to your hand in your pocket most of the time, it takes very little effort to simply just pick it up while bringing your wrist upwardly towards your headerly direction.

Not to mention, watch tan line!

Stackboy

But here is the top 50 posters of ALL TIME. taking into account posts from all 10 ausgafs.

Wooo 43rd!!

I can't really get excited about new Star Wars. I'm one of those annoying people who only ever wants to talk about how great the original trilogy was.

That is worth talking about.

I think Forza Horizon 2 is my favourite game of this year.

Took my wife to see the Lion King at QPAC for her birthday. It was fine and all, but live musicals aren't really my thing. Plus it felt like it could have been trimmed down. New songs and bits were added that just seemed like fluff. But don't tell her I said that, guys.

Quasar

Ive had a pebble for like a year. Not a fan.

Watches are so 1789.

Your phone is literally next to your hand in your pocket most of the time, it takes very little effort to simply just pick it up while bringing your wrist upwardly towards your headerly direction.

Thats kind of why I don't get smart watches. Especially given you need to have a phone for them to work. If they worked standalone that would be something.

Of course I never wore watches even as a kid pre-smart phones. So I never got the habit of wearing a watch.

Shaneus

Thats kind of why I don't get smart watches. Especially given you need to have a phone for them to work. If they worked standalone that would be something.

Of course I never wore watches even as a kid pre-smart phones. So I never got the habit of wearing a watch.
They do work without a phone. They're used for phone notifications, so when they're out of range of a phone they work as... a watch. The Apple Watch works in the same way.

I got one because the Pebble looks like a regular LCD-type watch (depending on the face you pick) and it does things like notifications and such. If for some reason I forgot my phone somewhere or something, it doesn't cease being a watch... much like a computer doesn't cease being a computer because it doesn't have an internet connection.

r1chard

I frequently (more often than not) wear a watch. I much prefer glancing at it to pulling my phone out. Also I like the look of the watches I own :)

And yes, I subscribe.

Current "smart watch" offerings look pants and have shitty battery life. My favourite watch has no battery, no winding.

I haven't worn a watch in 10 years and have used my phone as my main time piece for most of that time.

Yesterday at Supanova, I put on my wristband and found myself looking at it when I wanted to check the time. The time was " Time to get an apple watch."

Supanova was fun. I have a new hobby, cosplay watching. Even though I was on a table all weekend, the Cosplay kept me entertained.

There are not enough Sexy Mario and Luigi's in this world.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Is that by the same guy who did all the stuff for Nigs?
Yar! My mum got it for me for my 21st. It's about 60cm high or a bit more I think (I'm bad with measurement estimates :()

Basically laying down its as long as the bottom of a regular door.

kyser73

Thanks to Poimandres for showing an emigre Pom around Brisbane on a Saturday night :)

Wasn't too rough on Sunday, but felt drained for most of the day.

Deeku

I frequently (more often than not) wear a watch. I much prefer glancing at it to pulling my phone out. Also I like the look of the watches I own :)

And yes, I subscribe.

Current "smart watch" offerings look pants and have shitty battery life. My favourite watch has no battery, no winding.
yeah mechanical! i kinda just appreciate/think it's cool having all those moving parts on the wrist. i'll probably get an apple watch for like running and stuff

Glad you enjoyed Nova! One of the best bits of running a table is watching the random people generator work overtime.

I saw sexier Mario and Luigis this weekend. And rounder Mario and luigis. And Mario and Luigi in wheelchairs. And a Chell, Borderlands Psycho and Handsome Jack. And Princess Leia not wearing pants posing with sexy Padme. And Joffrey wearing Miss Winderfell sash posing with Season 4 episode 3 Joffrey. And a cool Lego Superman. And a fucking amazing Warhammer marine costume that would have been over 8-foot tall.

Best thing about the cosplay is the total lack of judgement- In every sense of that word.

And Alan Tudyk posing for pics in front of an artist selling unlicensed prints of Alan Tudyk.

And Jack Gleason on the PA doing an Australian accent.

And having a conversation about Dr Who with a (legal) perky volunteer half my age.

jambo

I have a silver Citizen watch with some thing called Eco Drive, which means it charges from the sun and in-door lights. Hopefully I'll never have to change the battery.

r1chard

yeah mechanical! i kinda just appreciate/think it's cool having all those moving parts on the wrist. i'll probably get an apple watch for like running and stuff
My physio (who is the BEST) solved my running problems (short story: after running for years and taking a break recently I found it very painful to get back into until the legendary physio solved the problem for me) so in a fit of happy happy I splurged and bought myself a GPS watch (which I'd been meaning to do for ages, but went off of lately because of the sads of not running). It has the benefit of being significantly cheaper, more robust, smaller and sweat-proof, something I'd hope those expensive smart watches are, but wouldn't want to test :)

Shaneus

And yes, I subscribe.

Pebble is better than you think. I'm using it to save myself looking at the phone, and it's also terribly nifty for changing songs on my 5S' media player (Spotify or whatever). And notifications and shit, too. And it doesn't look like an oversized piece of crap:

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Can one expect some good Christmas sales in Australia? I want to buy a Macbook Air while I'm here an I'm not sure if I should wait for some Xmas deals. Don't mind if it's an online or store sale, I'm in Brisbane atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom